News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Primaris Psyker and his place in 6th edition.  (Read 9857 times)

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
Re: Primaris Psyker and his place in 6th edition.
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2012, 01:37:26 PM »
Hi balo!

With all these new powers available to our Psykers, question is, will anyone stick with the orginal two powers?  After all, Warp Lightning is still a highly destructive power.  But, the new powers can be more useful to your overall battle plan.

Offline RandomGuardsman

• Kampfgruppe RipperJacks!
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »
 So far I have run one game with the Primaris. I left his normal powers on him but failed to get him into range to use them. :( I can honestly see myself sticking to his normal powers as they work well with my PCS+4xGrenade Launcher combo in a chimera. Some of these other Psyker combos sound interesting but I have yet to try and field anything other than one Psyker as my most common opponents have anti psyker units (Eldar and Tyranid).
Mercenaries never die! They go to hell to regroup!

Offline wper34

• Echo! Echo! Echo! Colonel
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • What? ~nyo
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 03:08:46 PM »
With all these new powers available to our Psykers, question is, will anyone stick with the orginal two powers?  After all, Warp Lightning is still a highly destructive power.  But, the new powers can be more useful to your overall battle plan.

I might... However, those new powers from all four fields look too interesting to pass up. ;D

Having said that though, the random power generator reminds me of the old sanctioned pyskers from the previous Guard codex. (which mainly has useless powers. :P)

In a way, it can be described as bad that it is too random to rely on even with the advantage of being to utilised any of those powerful spells.

So if I am ever to go for any of those such powers, I personally would treat the Primaris Psykers as extra toppings on a very large & solid Imperial Guard ice cream...

Sentinel Commander of 34th Neros Regiment
My Army Principle: 1. Quantity 2. Quality 3. Variety
Anime Mecha Vocaloid (And Neko) Lover ~nyo

Hymirl... I think you'd better start eating reading the rulebook. :P

Offline Lazarus

• Infinity Circuit - The Voice of Reason
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Space Wolves & Imperial Guard
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 03:21:23 PM »
Fire Shield was fun on my Russ.....powers are too random though. His standard offensive spell is pretty good...
"If someone used the ridiculous cover saves rule on me I'd probably punch him in the face. If he's still standing he would be entitled to punch me in the face, take my army, and my woman if he can. This is known as the Conan rule of play, and is not forbidden in the core rules and encourages serious amounts of sportsmanship." - Carniflex

Offline pudd

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 04:58:27 PM »
I sometimes run lists with 2 primaris psykers and because the lightning power is so good I won't be switching to use the new powers.

If we were able to substitute the other power without giving up lightning then that might be different.