News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: On dynasty  (Read 3210 times)

Offline TheGreatElder

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
On dynasty
« on: October 31, 2019, 06:58:14 PM »
I am about to paint my army. For use the stratagems, the Artifacts of the Aeons and the General Traits of a dynasty, like Mephrit, i have to be of this dynasty and so paint the models how this dynasty require, or i can create my own dynasty, with my own colors and then choise to have the Mephrit powers?

Thanks

Online Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: On dynasty
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2019, 10:19:24 PM »
As with any army, there is nothing preventing you from painting your army one way, and following a different set of rules.

For example, I could have my Space Marines painted as Dark Angels, but all of the pertinent information on the army roster says Iron Hands.

The only exception to that is if you are playing in an official GW tournament at places like Warhammer World where, if I understand correctly, you must play as you are painted.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...