News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Corsair POC: Scions of the Void  (Read 50513 times)

Offline Treadiculous

• It is unwise to be too sure of one's own wisdom.
  • Armies: 14k Ork, 8k Marine, 7k Guard, 1k Corsair... so far
Re: Corsair POC: Scions of the Void
« Reply #220 on: July 16, 2012, 12:40:10 PM »
Hi.. Can I ask a massive favour of you regular posters...

the Forge World team have asked for feedback regarding thier army lists, I would love to compile a list but am really busy, can I leave it in your very capable hands to build a list here to email to Forgeworld?

I'll try and add useful things to the list as I think of them.

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2012, 04:25:39 AM »
What exactly do they want?

a list of who plays what? How many play. Specifically the Corsair list.....

details fella, we need details!

Post their origional request and we'll see what we can do.

Offline Treadiculous

« Reply #222 on: July 17, 2012, 02:49:49 PM »
"Forge World is currently preparing FAQs intended to provide completely updated rules for all of the Imperial Armour and Imperial Armour Apocalypse books released prior to the arrival of the sixth edition of Warhammer 40,000. If you have any queries about Imperial Armour rules, army lists or units, please send an e-mail, including examples of how this query has come up in play, entitled ‘Imperial Armour rules query’ to forgeworld@gwplc.com. You can also call 0115 900 4995 within the UK, 011 44 115 900 4995 from the US and Canada or 00 44 115 900 4995 from much of Europe."

This is written at the top of their latest FAQ's regarding 6th edition.

I believe this is a once in a life time chance to influence (albeit partially) the development of a race / army list. I think it would be worth mentioing this discussion forum as it still is the most popular area online to discuss Corsairs.

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #223 on: July 18, 2012, 01:09:25 AM »
Uhm no you read that incorrect.

It is a note for peeps that they can send their rules questions there if said rules have not yet been FAQ'd.

Nothing we do will influence the army lists.

lol else peeps would go with: Yeah can I have a Phantom Titan (with stats/gear the same) as an HQ choice for 500 points??? *blink blink*

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Treadiculous

« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2012, 03:56:52 AM »
aye, I agree.. we won't affect the lists, but we can effect the interpretation of rules.

It would be nice if we could ask for a few tweaks, and I don't see why we shouldn't add them to the email after all the FAQ's regarding 6th.. you never know they might just put something in there...

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #225 on: July 18, 2012, 04:01:31 AM »
Ok cool,

Probably best to start another thread specific to this topic. Look out for it on this board, Harle & Exodite...

Arq.

Offline Tannis

• Armies: Eldar, mostly, plus Tau. Chaos and a few others.
« Reply #226 on: August 23, 2012, 05:20:23 AM »
Corsairs are my 6th Ed army. They're starting off as allies to my Craftworld Host but by the time I'm finished will be their own fully operational detachment.  Have loads of questions as my army's still in the planning stages but I'll hold fire on those till I've read all the discussions here.  The main factors I'm presently considering is Warwalkers and Jump capability vs Falcons and how many Warwalkers should I deploy in suport of each infantry unit?
"Nuke them till they glow in the dark, then attack at night."

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #227 on: August 23, 2012, 09:39:36 AM »
Corsairs are my 6th Ed army. They're starting off as allies to my Craftworld Host but by the time I'm finished will be their own fully operational detachment.  Have loads of questions as my army's still in the planning stages but I'll hold fire on those till I've read all the discussions here.  The main factors I'm presently considering is Warwalkers and Jump capability vs Falcons and how many Warwalkers should I deploy in suport of each infantry unit?

Things I noticed on the 40kO tourny.
- Jetpacking troops in 10 man squads are not worth it IMHO.
With the reduced cover and their paper armour they die way to fast.
An idea popped into my head to use 5 man squads with fusion gun and shuriken cannon and DS them as a suicide AT squad at the rear of a vehicle.
This will only cost 70 points, or 60 if you leave the cannon out.

- Falcons are reasonable in surviving as long as you move them.
Leave Holo-fields and Spirit Stones off as they only cost points and do nothing as most of my Falcon deaths were due to glancing hits.
Scatter Laser was nice to have on it, except vs Crons...AV13 spam is what they do best -.-

- Warwalkers...no idea have yet to use them.

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
« Reply #228 on: August 23, 2012, 10:07:30 AM »

An idea popped into my head to use 5 man squads with fusion gun and shuriken cannon and DS them as a suicide AT squad at the rear of a vehicle.
This will only cost 70 points, or 60 if you leave the cannon out.

- Falcons are reasonable in surviving as long as you move them.
Leave Holo-fields and Spirit Stones off as they only cost points and do nothing as most of my Falcon deaths were due to glancing hits.
Scatter Laser was nice to have on it, except vs Crons...AV13 spam is what they do best -.-

Agreed Ive started considering using suicide corsair fire teams rather than full 10man kitey squads.

Ive yet to use them with Flamers. But I can see them superseding the Voidstorms in this role. Voidstorms are going to be pushed to the back even more with 6th Ed I feel. Their Elite slot, if they occupied it, would be exchanged in favour of Harlies who could work with potential DE/CWE allies.

With 6th Ed hull points, Holos on Falcons are useless. Falcons are still the way to go with Corsairs in my opinion.

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline Tannis

• Armies: Eldar, mostly, plus Tau. Chaos and a few others.
« Reply #229 on: August 23, 2012, 10:17:24 AM »
What are you guys using for objective holding units if your paring the Corsair squads down to fire teams?
"Nuke them till they glow in the dark, then attack at night."

Offline Khorne25

• Corsair "Exarch"
  • Armies: DE, CWE, Eldar Corsairs
« Reply #230 on: August 23, 2012, 10:19:08 AM »
What are you guys using for objective holding units if your paring the Corsair squads down to fire teams?

I use CAVU Falcons as the main element of my force and sometimes CAVU Venoms.

My Voidborn Eldar Corsairs

OLD Eldar Corsair Blog

Former armies:
Tau, SM, CSM, 3rd Ed DE (updating to 5th Ed)

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #231 on: August 23, 2012, 10:44:52 AM »

Apart from the 3 that survived agains 6 wraithcannons shots which would have won me the game!

Falcons are good if you can dead the things which will kill you first. S8 spam is the way forward here but they are very expensive.

War walkers (or WASPs) like all lower AV vehicles surrer greatly in 6th ed. The only way I can see them working is spamming them. I'm toying with a 9 Walker list for my CWE. 72 scatter laser shots a turn has got to put a dent in something!

I think that the 10 man yo-yo would work you just need more of them. You have the ability to stay out of range and then tarpit a unit from 22" away, and then jump back. I think you need to do this with at very least 2 squads at a time. You also need some cover to be jumping behind each time....

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #232 on: August 23, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »

Apart from the 3 that survived agains 6 wraithcannons shots which would have won me the game!

Those were actually the lucky 3 out of 5 that survived the wraithcannon onslaught! :)

The only jetpackers to survive were the ones destroying your Falcon in the end.
And they had been reduced to 2 + Void Dreamer.

I'll be fielding 1 10 man squad with 2 EML as they can be good.

Offline Ogma Cermait

• Mad, bad, and dangerous to know.
  • Armies: Xenos (I do human stuff enuff IRL)
« Reply #233 on: August 25, 2012, 05:33:47 AM »
Congratulations to all ye scurvy space rats for the energy and enthusiasm of this POC.

I've just read every one of the posts to date, and it may be the enthusiasm here being out and out contagious, but I can see Corsairs filling my own specific fluff & style preferences.  That may be, but I'll hold off petitioning for a place among ye until I reads the blessed book for myself and spends some of my own dubloons and pieces of eight on my own crew.

"Now show me that horizon ....... "
"Tooffy grinz all round, you lot, ole Brikkfist is back!"

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #234 on: August 27, 2012, 08:14:31 AM »
Congratulations to all ye scurvy space rats for the energy and enthusiasm of this POC.

I've just read every one of the posts to date, and it may be the enthusiasm here being out and out contagious, but I can see Corsairs filling my own specific fluff & style preferences.  That may be, but I'll hold off petitioning for a place among ye until I reads the blessed book for myself and spends some of my own dubloons and pieces of eight on my own crew.

"Now show me that horizon ....... "
You've feigned interest, that's good enough for us! Yer in!!
Now to swap the deck ye scurvy blaggard!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #235 on: August 28, 2012, 07:46:25 AM »
[mod]I've removed a number of spam posts from this thread. Please remember that this is not the Corsair pirate dialogue chat thread.[/mod]
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Treadiculous

« Reply #236 on: September 12, 2012, 12:24:22 PM »
Yo.. once again, it has been ages since I was able to browse here!

I realise my previous comment regarding the Forgeworld FAQ was a bit daft.. that the eldar and dark eldar will allie reasonably well so it doesn't matter who the Corsairs have already in their list as elite slot allies.

I was wondering if the 6th change to fleet has made the shorter range Corsair squads more viable - ie, flamers fusions and shruiken catatapluts.

I'm also much liking the Interceptor now, might use it instead of the warp hunters in my list and see how it goes (though considering saving up for a Dark Eldar Tantalus and using that as a Warp Hunter)

On a side note I have bought some wych's which will be converted up next! .. pics to come soon I hope (though my time is very limited still)... might be getting a few Wasps since they seem to fit my army plans very well.. and they're so cheap for such large quantities of fire power with built in deep strike!

anyways.. enough whismy.. you want to see proof, evidence, painitng, models, bat reps, victories!!

Hope you're all well and Corsiars are claiming relentless glory across the galaxies!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 12:29:48 PM by Treadiculous »

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #237 on: October 16, 2012, 09:31:05 AM »
Its been a while!

Has anyone had any else had experience with Corsairs in 6th?
I have to admit I've been concentrating on my Warriors of Chaos Army recently.

I'm guessing we actually did well out of the new rules in that our higher than guardian BS and ability to field high strength weapons does us a favour.

Anyone have anything to add...

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #238 on: October 16, 2012, 09:42:24 AM »
Hmm the loss of 4+ cover does hurt.

Been using the prince to DS suicide squads to blow up tanks.

The fliers are really sweet :) and work perfectly.

Offline Arquarian

• Infinity Circuit
  • all is dust...
« Reply #239 on: October 16, 2012, 11:37:50 AM »
Ah Zilverscale!

You still rocking 3 Flyers?

You were having a hard time with the yo yo corsairs. I take it you dumped them for min fusion gun squads? And have you got any more Hornets?

Is anyone having any luck with mech? I think we could excel here in bigger games. At lower point games  our vehicles I fear are too expensive.