News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: DIY Dread/Termie Heavy 2k Army  (Read 786 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
DIY Dread/Termie Heavy 2k Army
« on: December 20, 2004, 02:27:11 PM »
The Steel Dragons

Traits
Advantages
-Heed The Wisdom Of The Ancients (They have lots of casualties and  have been a round for quite a wile)
-Cleanse And Purify (They prefer to keep on the move)
Minor Disadvantage
-Have Pride In Your Colours (They are stubbornly proud and do not hide from the enemy, they strike like a hammer without warning but they would never hide)
Major Disadvantage
-Eye To Eye (They prefer to ‘drop in’ unannounced rather than career across the battlefield)

NOTE- the HS section is debatable, however until im officially told otherwise i will stick with it as there is nothing saying i cant have Venerable Dreads in HS. so please do not bring this up on this thread as ive heard pretty much all the arguments and they dont make sense to me

sorry if i seem obnoxious/close-minded

2K Army List

=HQ=
Epistolary Nuncio ‘The Great Messenger’
Fury Of The Ancients (Replaces SotEW)
Storm Bolter
Terminator Armour
=155pts

4 Man Terminator Librarium Command Squad
2w/ Assault Cannons
=220pts

=E=
5 Terminators
2w/ Cyclone Missile Launchers
2w/ Chainfists
=260pts

6 Assault Terminators
Pair Of Lighting Claws’
Furious Charge
=258pts

1 Venerable Dreadnought (haven’t thought of a name yet)
T-L Lascannon
Missile Launcher
Tank Hunter
=165pts

=T=
7 Space Marines
2w/ Meltaguns
Drop Pod
=160pts

7 Space Marines
2w/ Flamers
Drop Pod
=146pts

8 Scouts
7w/ Sniper Rifles
1w/ Missile Launcher
=149pts

NOTE-just to prevent a comment on it, 'Have Pride...' says you cannot use the scout of infiltrate RULES, not the unit itself

=HS=
The Exalted Brother Chael and ‘The Divine Guidance’ (Venerable Dreadnought)
Extra Armour
Smoke Launchers
Drop Pod
=163pts

The Exalted Brother Orson and ‘The Steel Claw’ (Venerable Dreadnought)
Extra Armour
Smoke Launchers
Drop Pod
=163pts

The Exalted Brother Augustus and ‘The Saint Shield’ (Venerable Dreadnought)
T-L Lascannon
Missile Launcher
Tank Hunter
=165pts

=1997pts

any comments welcome accept for the NOTE's (again sorry if i seem obnoxious but i have argued these points extensively elsewhere and dont wish to do so again)

thanks to all that reply ^_^
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Invidious

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: DIY Dread/Termie Heavy 2k Army
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 04:42:29 PM »
 Why replace Storm of...   okay, it's freaking Smite.   Why replace smite with Fury of the Ancients if you can have them both at the same points cost?  At least that's the way I'm reading it...
The thing I hate the most about 40K is people who amass the largest possible quantities of their Codex's most powerful unit and then proceed to call it "theme".

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2004, 05:08:04 PM »
when you replace it you pay the first cost, not the second

this way at long range i use FotEW and when i get close ther SB and then my force weapon if need be in assault
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Invidious

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2004, 05:51:32 PM »
Really?  I always thought it was the first cost always for Codiciers, and the second cost always for Epistolaries.
The thing I hate the most about 40K is people who amass the largest possible quantities of their Codex's most powerful unit and then proceed to call it "theme".

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2004, 06:00:57 PM »
well the first cost is for Any Librarian replacing 'Smite', the second is for the epistolaries second power (if he takes one)