News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Space Wolf Termie Configs..  (Read 796 times)

Offline -The Reaper-

• Ordo Punkus - Emo Hunters
Space Wolf Termie Configs..
« on: April 8, 2006, 11:48:02 AM »
Hey guys,

Lately i have been building up my space wolves and i got round to thinking of what would be the best configuration for the terminators..

Mine is based with a Wolf lord with:
Twin lightning claws
Term armour
Wolf tooth necklace
Wolf Tail Talisman
Runic Charm
136Pts

Firstly theres the standard setup:
2 Guard with:
Asscannon, P fist, and Termie armour:  65Pts each
and
2 Guard with:
2 Storm Bolters, P Fist and Termie armour: 48 Pts Each

So the whole squad would be:  362Pts

So i thought about other possible configs, one i came up with which im like the idea of is:

2 Guard with:
Asscannon, L Claw, and Termie armour:  65Pts each
2 Guard with
Thunder Hammer, Storm Shield, and termie armour: 55Pts each

Squad would be 376Pts, which is really kinda pricey.

So i guess the point of this topic is... How and why do you arm your space wolf termies.. If you don't use them then why??

Offline Wolf Lord Duregar

Re: Space Wolf Termie Configs..
« Reply #1 on: April 8, 2006, 04:10:45 PM »
I´ve used a Pack like this (in a Drop Pod) sucessfully:

Wolf Lord w. combi-melta, frost blade, termienator armour, runic charm.
Wolf Guard Bodyguard (4) w. 2 assault cannons, 1 combi-melta, 1 combi-flamer, 3 lightning claws, 1 chain fist, runic charms.

The Pack can deal with almost anything, shoot it up good on the turn they drop in. I´m about to change the ordinary Wolf Guard´s guns into combi-plasma instead though but one melta and flamer shot is flexible if you don´t know what you´ll face. And the AssCans are always nive as you know! ;DAnd I might also build a second Pack but instead of a chain fist I might take a Thunder Hammer.
Maybe, just maybe, I´ll build another character with 2 lightning claws as well, I have a few with that config in power armour and they´ve been extremely deadly!

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: April 8, 2006, 07:16:01 PM »
Wolf Priest - Terminator Armour, Runic Charms, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Healing Balms, Power Fist
5 Wolf Guard - Terminator Armour, Runic Charms, Wolf Tooth Necklaces, 2 Assault Cannons, 2 twin Lightning Claws, 1 Thunder Hammer, 1 Storm Shield, 2 Power Weapons

A HELL of alot of points, but it's a unit that simply will not lay down and die.  It can kill pretty much anything with ease as well.  You could even throw in Wolf Pelts for if they are charged if you had some spare points.

Not a recommended unit in anything less then a 3000pt game.

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline kalaris

• Packed with Wulfy Goodness!
    • My Space Wolves Blog
« Reply #3 on: April 9, 2006, 10:43:51 PM »
Wolf Priest - Terminator Armour, Runic Charms, Wolf Tooth Necklace, Healing Balms, Power Fist
5 Wolf Guard - Terminator Armour, Runic Charms, Wolf Tooth Necklaces, 2 Assault Cannons, 2 twin Lightning Claws, 1 Thunder Hammer, 1 Storm Shield, 2 Power Weapons

A HELL of alot of points, but it's a unit that simply will not lay down and die.  It can kill pretty much anything with ease as well.  You could even throw in Wolf Pelts for if they are charged if you had some spare points.

Not a recommended unit in anything less then a 3000pt game.

~Andromidius

Healing Potions and Balms cannot be taken with Terminator Armor,

I typically field the Wolf priest in power armor with HP&B's and 2 WG's with Assault Cannons,Runic Charms and powerfists, (one upgrades to Chainfist)

The other two use Combi-plasma, Runic Charms, Powerfists its expensive but the unit handles everything that is stupid enough to get near its Drop Pod.
My name is Kal and I'm a powerfist-a-holic

Offline Massaen

• Ork Boy
  • Worlds End Radio Host!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 02:16:24 AM »
I have 10 SW termies, 1 with TH&SS, 4 with TLC, 1 with AaaCam & CF, 3 with SB & PF & 1 with FB (or PW) & SB

This means i can chop and change as i need them, but i never take a single termi unit in less than a 2K game - to many points

The stars once lived and died at our hands and yet you still defy us? Foolish Mon Keigh, you are all doomed...

Offline Wolf Lord Duregar

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 03:06:29 PM »
It´s still *too* many points in 3000p games - and the enemy have more guns to face them, I don´t buy that argument... 8) ;)

I´ve used Drop Podding Wolf Guard Packs of about 400-430p in both 1500 and 2000p games, with great success. With good tactics, proper terrain and some luck, you will find them useful... :)