News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Aurics Pride's Projects- Corsairs, Raven Guard, Daemons and now Dark Eldar!  (Read 59488 times)

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Aurics Pride's Projects- Corsairs, Raven Guard, Daemons and now Dark Eldar!
« Reply #380 on: February 27, 2018, 04:48:24 PM »
Those DEldar are sweet as :) cracking paint scheme, and solid modelling.

I'm liking the fluff too. I love it when people build characterisation behind their models. Really brings them to life for me :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Thanks guys!
@Loosh- As always bud, thankyou! I think I am going to stick with the Agoniser as it is for the moment, possibly try a couple of other tricks on different models in the future.

@Ynnead- Thanks man! To be honest the fluff was inspired by your project thread, I too love when you've got a bit of story behind your models, it really helps to make them a bit more real. I am going to try and provide something for every update I do for my Dark Eldar.

And as if by magic, here is a little more. As requested by Saim-Dann:

As the Dais rose Bal’thair felt the warm air rush over him. He couldn’t work out whether it was adrenaline or the combat drugs flowing through his veins but he felt a sense of apprehension. Since returning to Commoragh he had nothing and there was no shortage of Archons who wanted to keep him down. He had found his way into the fighting pits and in this situation, his first fight with no idea what to expect….
The light above him was getting closer and he could now hear the chanting and cheering of the thousands of Eldar surrounding the arena above. Bal’thair powered up his agoniser as the platform reached ground level, the noise was now deafening.
Bal’thair immediately saw his opponent no more than 10 yards from him. A hulking figure in bright red, heavily damaged armour. From his experience in the raiding parties Bal’Thair knew this to be a human, a member of the Space Marines.
Noticing that his opponent was still struggling to come to his senses from the noise and the light he sprung into action. Using a nearby rock Bal’thair threw himself into the air and with a slash of his Huskblade he took the sword clean out of the Space Marine’s hands. The hulking figure reacted, spinning on his heel he aimed a blow towards Bal’thair’s head.
The punch was clumsy and slow, Bal’thair had plenty of time to react and he ducked under the Marine’s defenses and slashed at his torso with his Huskblade. Sparks flew as the attack landed and a large chunk of the Space Marine’s armour broke free.
The human warrior was far from defeated however and in Bal’thair’s follow through he managed to land an elbow to the back of his head. Stunned and off balance Bal’thair stumbled, another blow connected between his shoulder blades and knocked him to the floor. The Space Marine picked up a nearby blade and stepped forward to administer the killing blow. He leant over the fallen Eldar warrior looking into his eyes before he swung.
These couple of seconds was all that Bal’thair needed to regain his senses and in one swift movement he had managed to get back to his feet and parry the Space Marine’s attack.
As the Human stumbled Bal’thair struck out with his Agoniser, the spiked whip took the Marine’s helmet off with a spray of sparks. Sensing his chance Bal’thair flung himself towards the Space Marine and drove his Huskblade through the gap in his armour and straight into his torso.
The Space Marine fell to his knees, blood was pouring out of his armour and Bal’thair could see his life force draining out of him. All it took was a flick of the wrist and Bal’thair decapitated the dying human.
Bal’thair took a breath and he was then again suddenly aware of his surroundings. The noise from the crowd was utterly deafening. He looked up and saw his personal Venom circling the arena. As it swooped down next to him he threw the body of the Space Marine onto the back. He wanted a trophy…...

I've managed to finish off my first Kabalite Warriors, got the Raider and Reaver Jetbikes from the start collecting box to go and then I am just about to take delivery of some more toys! Also currently planning a fairly interesting kitbash/conversion, just looking for a few important pieces.
DSC_0273
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Hot damn those warriors are cool! They're made even cooler from the narrative. Love the sword effects and the glow on the blaster and dark lance. Have you come up with a Kabal name yet? I have to apologize to Cav and Loosh because this is by far my new favourite project log now.

Offline Saim-Dann

Thank you, Auric!
That was an epic read, matched only by your latest unit. It must make your gaming much more interesting with this kind of backstory to your pieces. Also like the darker, looming feel the black carpet gives to your DE. Well done, mate!

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
What a beautiful looking unit that is Aurics Pride and as dog_of_war has already said the Dark Lance and sword are particularly striking. I love the way the use of a dark background has made some of the models look like they are emerging from the shadows in true Dark Eldar style.

Out of interest are the models just standard models that you can buy or have you converted them all.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Oh hell yeah! Looking awesome AP.... damn such an awesome scheme and great paint jobs. I love the green accents and bone tabards. They are just so classic but have a great new school twist with the aibrushed glow effects on the darklight (very nice!). I just love it man.

If you need any help or advice on kitbash bits let me know. Always happy to help. So glad you are starting a DE army... and trust me you've chosen the right time!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
Cheers guys!
@Dog_of_War- Thanks man! That's some seriously high praise! I wouldn't class myself in the same league as Cav and Loosh! I've decided to go with Dread's suggestion of Midnight Marauders, it's definitely good a good Corsair theme to it and seems to fit the colour scheme pretty well.

@Saim-Dann- Cheers bud and you are welcome! I am definitely going to try and provide some more fluff as I go on, if you have any suggestions then please let me know!

@Alienscar- Thankyou! The models for the most part are just standard models, the Archon had an arm and head swap and a couple of the Kabalites are made from the Raider kit but otherwise all standard for the moment.

@Cav- Cheers man! The glow effects aren't actually airbrushed, they are highlighted and drybrushed. I think this will definitely be a theme going forward. I am definitely going to raid your brain, I have a rough idea on what I want to do but need to find a few bits!

@Everybody- So I've done a lot of work today on my Raider (not too far from being finished) and have had another delivery today of another Start collecting box (Another Archon, Raider, Unit of Kabalites and 3x Reavers) and 4 boxes of Scourges!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
Another simply brilliant update AP! How the hell do you churn out such great results so quickly? It really is a wonder.

The armour looks brilliant and clean...the colours really add so much menace to the models. The spot colours are terrific and as a whole, the unit just looks perfect. This is shaping up to be your best project so far.

Hot damn those warriors are cool! They're made even cooler from the narrative. Love the sword effects and the glow on the blaster and dark lance. Have you come up with a Kabal name yet? I have to apologize to Cav and Loosh because this is by far my new favourite project log now.

You are dead to me.  ;)
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
Thanks Loosh!
To be honest a lot of it comes from the fact that I work weekends so have days off during the week where I'm not bothered by anyone! Means I can spend quite a lot of time painting/building. Thanks for your kind words!

Ok guys, another update!!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Bal’thair took a deep breath, it had been quite some time since he had managed to get off Comorragh, he had spent years in the fighting pits. Building his strength and gathering followers, he had now finally been able to head out of the webway and go back to what he does best…….Raiding.
The air on this Maiden world was unlike anything he had ever experienced, so clean….fresh….untainted. He filled his lungs as his Raider soared across the grassland.
He had been hunting a group of Exodites for a couple of days now, a small band of uncivilized savages but they had managed to avoid capture on multiple occasions through their knowledge of their planet.
Bal’thair smiled however as this time he knew he had them cornered…..

So I've managed to complete My Archon's command Raider! Rattled through this model in about a day, a couple of bits that I'm not amazingly happy with but I think the overall feel of the model matches what I've done so far!
DSC_0338
DSC_0337

I've also rushed together a couple of Venoms (old models, repainted). I am currently looking at putting together a list for a tournament in June so wanting some options!
DSC_0343

Also............... .
I've had a little bit of a kick up the butt (you'll soon find out what....) to finish a couple of Corsair bits!
Obviously the Lynx was painted beforehand but I've finally managed to finish my two Hornets and my Warphunter! They had been put on the shelf with the new edition but I am considering getting some more table time in with these now!
DSC_0295
DSC_0328

A bit of a big update, I promise that I'll slow down a little bit (keep being berated by my local club friends for making them look bad!) I have quite a bit of photo stuff coming up so won't have so much painting time but I have a few more toys ready to get some colours on them!

Offline Saim-Dann

A-ma-zing, Auric!
Great read, again. Fantastic painting, again. You beat me to the punch with the black raider with the red sails. Haven't got one myself yet, however, this colour scheme is on the drawing board to match the Saim-Dann clan.

Your writing, painting, and photography are all tying together for a top-tier blog, mate... Pointy ears forever!!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
Hot damn do I love your Corsairs. So glad to see an update and always glad to see a picture of that Lynx. They all look great. That fade, the dark blue with the white accents and red gems looks just fantastic! They remind of a darker version of the Skyhunters Corsairs who I love. Just fantastic stuff AP.

Also the DE updates are coming along very nicely too. Super strong color choices and nice smooth paint jobs as always. The red banners and sails are one of my favorite aspects. Just awesome. Your Eldar collection is gonna be sick when all is said and done.

Just fantastic stuff AP. Fantastic progress and everything looks awesome! Keep rocking bud. Talk soon!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
Cheers guys!
@Saim-Dann- THanks man, The Raider kit is a lovely one to put together. Was a lot of fun to paint too!

@Cav- As always bud, your comments mean a lot! I am going to try and do a bit more with my Corsairs but at the moment it's so hard to not get carried away with my Dark Eldar!

@Everybody
So I've not provided an update for a while but I have been busy!
With the new Codex about to drop (and has been pre-ordered) and with plenty of motivation I've been going great guns with my Drukhari. Over the last few weeks I've managed to get some Scourges, Reavers and a Razorwing all built and painted! I am getting closer to getting a cohesive force on the table and have a few more bits built and ready to be painted that I am quite excited about! With the changes to the codex I've had to change my plans somewhat.
DSC_1319
DSC_1326
DSC_1331

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
Looks great AP! My scourges are next on the docket too and I'm totally considering removing their current load out and going all dark lances such as you've done.

What changes have you made to your list with the expectation of the codex?

I'd be interested to see how the teasers have swayed your thought process.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
Looking absolutley killer AP! What a great collection of units you've got going thus far. I think you've built up a fantastic foundation. Couldn't have done it any better myself... and I've known what was coming for awhile now! lol

Perfect collection to get a solid detachment of Wyches and Warriors (sounds like an awesome Nintendo game).

As for the modeling and painting, it all looks as awesome as ever. Just love the classic paint jobs. The highlights are ultra freaking clean and the color choices are just beyond classic. I love it!

Great stuff all around my friend. Can't wait to see you hit 2k points. Keep on rocking bud this force looks awesome!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
Your DE are coming along brilliantly AP. They look really striking and will present a superb, cohesive force.

I won't lie, I love your airbrush work so much that I had hoped to see you attacking the Raiders/Venoms etc with the airbrush, but the results are still really good.

Amazing updates AP, keep making everyone look bad!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
I really love the colors you've chosen. They really bring out the details and give a great presence feel. Bet they look great on a full blown table.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
Cheers guys!

@Dog_Of_War- Thanks man, I absolutely love the Scourge models and they were always going to be a big part of the army whichever way the codex went. I've got another unit built that have 4x Blasters and tbh with the change I am considering throwing together another unit with Haywire too!
I was looking at mostly Kabalite stuff prior to the Codex dropping but to be honest now I am definitely looking at getting Kabalite, Cults and Covens all involved! To be honest now it really seems like every unit in the codex has a use now and is actually worthwhile.

@Cavalier- Cheers bud! To be honest once I've got the bits that I have painted up I probably won't be far from 2,000 points! Got at least 600 points sat waiting for paint.....

@Looshkin- As always bud, thankyou! I did really think about the Airbrush for the vehicles but to be honest I just couldn't decide on anything that I was happy with. I may investigate some stencils and stuff in the future but if you look closely you will be able to see some subtle airbrushing on the Razorwing.....
Haha Definitely not making you guys look bad, just got lots of motivation and some momentum at the moment!

@Dread- Cheers bud, they've actually not seen the tabletop yet as I set my mind that I am not allowing myself to use any non-painted models for the rest of this edition and I was holding off getting any games in until the new codex arrived.

As always guys, I have a pile of painting and constructing to do! Got some fun conversions that are in line to be painted shortly which I think you guys will like.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
@Looshkin- As always bud, thankyou! I did really think about the Airbrush for the vehicles but to be honest I just couldn't decide on anything that I was happy with. I may investigate some stencils and stuff in the future but if you look closely you will be able to see some subtle airbrushing on the Razorwing.....

I thought that there was a little airbrushing going on.

I just want moar! Your airbrushing skills a sick and I just love seeing the results when you break them out. It inspires me to be more brave with mine!

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Yeah these are dead striking dude :) personal favourite is the cowls on the Reavers.
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
Thanks Ynnead!

Sorry for the lack of updates guys! I have a couple more fun bits to add in on the Dark Eldar but haven't had chance to get some decent photos of them!
I have however got a little update just for Loosh!
I have started a "Tale of 4 gamers" style thing recently and my pledge for May was to build and paint a Harlequin Troupe.
Obviously since I am just doing the one Troupe I can spend a bit more time on them so I cracked out the airbrush!
Just for you Loosh.............
20180511_095349