News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Cadres Gather-Show your Tau Army  (Read 84182 times)

Offline Firenze

• Feel the wrath of the Angels of Death!!
Cadres Gather-Show your Tau Army
« on: August 19, 2008, 06:19:26 AM »
I've been flicking around and noticed that there is no army showcase for us tau. So I've decided to start it here like Goyder did in the IG forum. There are some rules however...

• Images must have a height of 450 and width of 600 (a bit of leeway above) or anything under.
  • Try to keep under 40kb for piccies.

Anyone can post stuff about their tau or the upcoming things they are doing. Comments too. So, reveal your Cadres!

Offline Outside_Enemy

Re: Cadres Gather-Show your Tau Army
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2008, 05:49:55 PM »
C'mon guys, where's the Tau love?

I'm strongly considering starting up with Tau (or Orks... oh the choices), and a gallery of what some Tau look like on the board would be great.

I'll be putting my exceedingly weak painting skills towards the task of painting a stealth suit this weekend (gotta paint a model to get a feel for the army, I'm thinking), so I'll add something to this thread when I have something to add, haha.

Offline Shas'Oink

• Sky Ray Pimp Daddy | Infinity Circuit | Ban me, I dare you! | The Fallen didn't fall, they were pushed. | Winner of the 2008 40K Online Longest Title Competition, awarded again with oak leaves, five years and running | Now with O:nkling! | Axe
  • Ancient
  • 87% sure I'm straight
    • oinks overambitious terrain project(s)
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 05:59:57 PM »
okay - so i have a previous post - that is now around about a year old and in sore need of updating - but for now ill link through to it:

The Dal'yth 15th 'The Night Watch'

i will, in time, be putting together a full cadre profile for my army - with new, up to date images of the fighting forces... and support teams (such as my converted earth caste scientists)...

Offline Perihelion

• In the 41st millenium, there is... LOVE AND PEACE!
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 07:18:01 PM »
http://picasaweb.google.com/SpiffTaustic/Tau

Rebels originating from Kel'Shan, the Radiant Dragoons under the command of Perihelion.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 07:19:05 PM by Perihelion »
"The strength of your force may be calculated by multiplying its weight by its velocity. Strive always to maximize both and victory shall be yours."
-Commander Puretide, The Forty Second Meditation on the Way of the Warrior

Hell, get some personality and get something other than a Fireknife...

Offline Firenze

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2008, 08:36:58 AM »
Here is the Hunter cadre of Commander Fireblade. This cadre hails from the sept Rylith'Tax near the T'ros system. The planet of Rylith'Tax is covered in a very lush jungle and the tau there live in cities in the mountains and underground. They make good use of pathfinders and Devilfishes to move swiftly.

Commander Fireblade (soon to be made as a XV89 suit)

Fire teams 1 and 2 (broadside standing next to team 1 with its Etheral and team 2's devilfish is sitting behind them)

Stealth team

Hammer head (interchangerble turret weapons)

Pathfinders (also used as a kill team)

The army in full taking on Chaos

The army is getting a large makeover to look more suited to the jungle enviroment. Some of the finished things are the Pathfinders (and their 'Fish), Stealth, Commander and the Hammerhead has been started.

Their record is good at the moment at my club and they are rightly feared.

For the Greater Good!

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2008, 11:01:33 AM »
Bork'an Rapid Assault Cadre
Shas'el Bork'an Ashar, Commander

Tanks
Piranhas
Fire Warriors in Action
Kroot springing Ambush
El'Ashar
Crisis Suits
Stealth Team

Offline Kyure

• I have a va-jay-jay on my forehead!!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2008, 11:25:42 PM »
Here is some picks i took about a month ago.  Ive since finished my Kroot (based and flocked) and did some other tweakings here and there.  But for the most part, here they are.

Commander Shas'el Sha'is:

Commander Shas'el Su'law with bodyguards (Su'Law is on the left)

Offline Firenze

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2008, 03:00:55 AM »
Nice stuff guys! :o And Kyure... why is there a pink broadside? lol ;D

Offline Kyure

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2008, 06:02:29 AM »
well.  Theres T'immy, J'immy and...K'immy.  This kid back in the day decided to name my broadsides shortly after I bought them.  So...girl broadside commanders arent allowed to have their battlesuits in the color of their choosing?  Are you being sexist?   :P 

Its all inside jokes lol.

Offline Firenze

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2008, 07:34:43 AM »
well.  Theres T'immy, J'immy and...K'immy.  This kid back in the day decided to name my broadsides shortly after I bought them.  So...girl broadside commanders arent allowed to have their battlesuits in the color of their choosing?  Are you being sexist?   :P 

Its all inside jokes lol.

Lol indeed! She stands out like a sore thumb! Cool idea though yet how was I to tell it was a girl? It could have been a camp tau! ;D ::)

Offline Captain Custard

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2008, 09:58:26 AM »
Loving that camoflage on the underside of the Barracuda, Kyure!  Bound to confuse any AA gunners, cloud pattern, I like it!

Custard

Offline Mr Draken

• Armies: Saim-Hann, White Scars, Space Wolves, Catachans.
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2008, 11:57:10 AM »
I recently brought the Tau battleforce, and am painting them up as we speak, will post some pics in coming days, Im going with the scheme off of the City Fight book cover.
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Kyure

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2008, 12:16:44 PM »
Loving that camoflage on the underside of the Barracuda, Kyure!  Bound to confuse any AA gunners, cloud pattern, I like it!

Custard

Thanks!  The models isnt finished yet.  Still got work to do on her.  I decided to go with a type of camoflauge that is found in nature called "Countershading".  Look at a Dolphin for example.  The underside of a dolphin is light in color while the top of a dolphin is darker.  This is to make the dolphin virtually invisible to its prey.  If the dolphin is swimming below its prey, then it is looking down into the depths of the water and the dark color on top of the dolphin hides the hunter while he is on the move.  Vice Versa as well, if the dolphin is closer to the surface of the water, then the light color hides it from its prey because of the bright sun reflecting off of the water and the white underside of the dolphin makes it blend right in.

Well...With the barracuda i basically went for the same idea...but with a twist lol.

Offline Anomander

• Ork Boy
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2008, 09:45:43 PM »
hey Kyure, love the paint scheme,i was just wondering what models bodies did you use for the two sm looking tau guys with the swords? I really like how they look and was thinking of possibly stealing borrowing your idea.

Offline Kyure

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2008, 11:25:35 PM »
hey Kyure, love the paint scheme,i was just wondering what models bodies did you use for the two sm looking tau guys with the swords? I really like how they look and was thinking of possibly stealing borrowing your idea.

I actually have 3 now.  I use them as Firewarrior Shas'uis because, well, I hate space marines and it really pisses off SM players HAHA!  One of them is the emperor's champion.  the other with the sword is i think someone from the dark angels list?  the last one (not pictured) is a Space Marine chaplain (the one with the mace).  On that model, i replaced the mace head with the clipped off head of the emperor's champion for further insulting.  A little greenstuff to make it look nice and making that wreath of olives around his head a nice vibrant green is sure to make SM's fume.

It truly is an insult...especially since the first one i did (which at the time i didnt really understand who he was) was the emporer's champion.  I was a noobie at the time but man oh man have those units become quite popular at my local GW.  People watching the game will notice them and insist on picking them up, looking it over, then laughing.   ;D

Offline Kaiizen

• Best Painted Fire Warriors
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 12:15:37 AM »
Well, I don't have a full cadre done anymore. I've learned a few things and decided to repaint my entire 3000 points worth of tau, starting with my commander Farsight count-as.

I also finished painting a broadside not to long ago.

My Farsight counts-as is O'Kunas'ka, a renegade Tau commander that works directly under O'Shova as an advance unit with some recon elements.

Offline hazgys

• ^_^
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2008, 07:11:20 AM »
My fledgling Tau army still painting my 1000 point force :(

The Drone controller in one of my fire-warrior squads.

My half finished piranha

My humble army so far.

and btw kalizen Amazing :O

Offline kjarl Grimblood

• Newest
  • Come on if you think your hard enough!
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2008, 07:20:27 AM »
kaiizen nice peg leg. I didnt know tau battlesuits were pirates
Go buy a Badger...

If I throw a stick, will you go away?

Offline Kaiizen

• Best Painted Fire Warriors
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2008, 04:30:44 PM »
Hah, he's not a peg leg, his other leg is just hidden behind a piece of the base terrain.

Offline EightyEight

• The Santa hat is here to stay.
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2008, 06:11:24 AM »
Painted pics only, or not? If so, I'll have to get around to deciding on a colour scheme :P...
Are we as offensive as we might be?