News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Beyond the Gates of Antares  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Faeluchu

• Let the sunshine in!
  • Armies: Yme-Loc Eldar
Beyond the Gates of Antares
« on: February 24, 2015, 06:20:34 PM »
Hey there,

so, has anyone played the game or read the rules? I know it's still in beta stage and hence the rulebook is free, but was a bit loath to leave my billing details on their site, so don't know how the system works. How does it compare to 40k? Are the rules better, more dynamic, more intuitive?
The models themselves are, as far as I can see, similarly priced to 40k or a tiny bit more expensive (basic squad for 20 pounds, command guys for 12), but they do look good (Algoryn reminds me of Mass Effect Turian military); has anyone actually ordered the miniatures and can shed a bit more light on them - how much assembly do they require, is the amount of detail good, the quality of metal (I see they're mostly metal) fine?

Generally looking for opinions whether Beyond the Gates of Antares is a viable alternative for 40k that brings something to the table or just a generic science-fiction spin-off that one can go without and focus on pouring more money into other kinds of plastic crack.

Cheers
"Tylko jeśli szybowałeś przez niebo na skrzydłach z ognia możesz zrozumieć Jastrzębia"

BYB is too close to BYOB (Bring Your Own Booze) which is how I started gaming anyways. The proper way.