News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Good/Bad/Funny/randomthing to happen in 40k!  (Read 214482 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Good/Bad/Funny/randomthing to happen in 40k!
« Reply #2380 on: November 4, 2016, 07:09:41 AM »
Hell yeah GML. That is absolutely epic. Dreadknights are no joke. Loved your deathstar too BTW. That sounds like a lot of fun. Honor and glory to the 1st Legion!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2381 on: November 4, 2016, 07:33:51 AM »
One thing I forgot is that it took Belial two rounds of combat to finish off the Dreadknight thanks to some epic rolling on both our parts.  Once he was done there he charged the last two Terminators in my opponent's army and killed them while dying at the same time to his final Daemonhammer.

With how much of a bad ass he was that game, and his death at the very end, we compared it to playing a FPS game when you say "This is going to be my last round" and then go on a complete rampage.

It was very much the Belial show last night!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #2382 on: May 25, 2017, 12:20:54 AM »
You ever roll a hand full of dice and have 1 stand on its tip? Try 4 with a roll of 36 dice. Wish I'd have taken a pic.

As for a game, my friend brought necrons and I had 3 knights and skits. He fired 2 20 man strong warrior units and a 10 man immortal unit at one knight. Immortals and 1 warrior unit were at half range. 80 shots total, hit 64 and didn't roll a single 6. He thru his dice across the room. Game over at that point, I don't like childish things like that. It's just how the dice roll I told him as I put my army up. He never did that again during a game.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #2383 on: June 26, 2017, 07:56:29 PM »
Had my first game of 8th yesterday.  Two funny things happened; the last surviving plague marine fired his plasma gun for the first time in the game and on overcharge.  And promptly blew himself up.  And the Plague Lord guy teleported into my lines on turn one, but then promptly spent the rest of the game hopelessly chasing my units...only to be K.Oed by my Captain in the last turn via power gauntlet to the face. 

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2384 on: February 7, 2019, 09:47:07 PM »
This is too funny to not share.

Playing my Dark Angels vs Orks.

• Devastators fire Plasma Cannons at a full health Bonebreaka using Weapons of the Dark Age and bring it down to one wound.
  • Talonmaster fires at Wartrike and kills it
  • Wartrike explodes.  Only unit within range of its explosion is the Bonebreaka.
  • Bonebreaka dies and explodes
  • Bonebreaka's explosion tags the Talonmaster that killed the Wartrike and rolls 6 for wounds.
  • Talonmaster dies and explodes, dealing one mortal wound to Sammael on Sableclaw, leaving him with 5.
  • Bonebreaka's explosion also tags Sammael and rolls a 5 for wounds done.
  • Sammael does not explode, ending the epic chain reaction!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2385 on: February 7, 2019, 10:11:13 PM »
This is too funny to not share.

Playing my Dark Angels vs Orks.

• Devastators fire Plasma Cannons at a full health Bonebreaka using Weapons of the Dark Age and bring it down to one wound.
  • Talonmaster fires at Wartrike and kills it
  • Wartrike explodes.  Only unit within range of its explosion is the Bonebreaka.
  • Bonebreaka dies and explodes
  • Bonebreaka's explosion tags the Talonmaster that killed the Wartrike and rolls 6 for wounds.
  • Talonmaster dies and explodes, dealing one mortal wound to Sammael on Sableclaw, leaving him with 5.
  • Bonebreaka's explosion also tags Sammael and rolls a 5 for wounds done.
  • Sammael does not explode, ending the epic chain reaction!

Wooow, that's hilarious and amazing! At least Sammael and the Talonmaster went out in true grimdark fashion!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #2386 on: February 7, 2019, 11:10:06 PM »
That's awesome and a good way for some Orks to go out! It's a rare treat to see chain explosions like that
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #2387 on: February 7, 2019, 11:23:14 PM »
Oh you should have got video of that so we could watch it every Christmas. That's just a gas. Also a good safety lesson, never put all those sticks of dynamite so close together,  ;) haha. Thanks for that, good way to end the night.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2388 on: February 8, 2019, 05:58:26 AM »
That wasn't the only massive explosion in the game either.

He took the Battle Fortress from Chapter Approved (talked to the store owner and worked out a ridiculous point cost for it), and when it died it exploded 11 inches. Killed his Warphead, 5 bolter scouts, and 3 Black Knights.
I knew I had fans!!!

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #2389 on: February 8, 2019, 05:00:12 PM »
This is similar to when my Ork warbikes back in second edition went out of control which was always a recipe for mayhem on the old vehicle damage tables.  One of these warbikes managed to between two squads of Space Marines, hit a wall, flip over, and explode, all without killing any Marines, but blowing up another bike in the vicinity.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente