News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Chaos Lord on Dragon for next years GD?  (Read 1581 times)

Offline Cheexsta

• Aksho Kharneth Akhash!
Chaos Lord on Dragon for next years GD?
« on: August 4, 2002, 03:46:26 AM »
ok, ive been pondering this for a while (about half an hour). would it be feasible to have a Chaos Lord on a dragon? in 40k, of course...

but seriously, i think it would be very cool and unique. what im thinking of, is using a Dark Elf dragon (chaos dragons just dont seem to grab me for some reason...). the lord will probably use the legs and torso of a khornate Champion on Juggernaught, with an Imperial Devastator Marine Sergeant's right arm (i love the commanding pose), and perhaps a scratch-built arm holding the dragon's reigns (a big chain or something).

+++
so why dont i make it for this year? basically it's too late to begin now for something in a few months time (in Oz), and with my pretty mediocre income (perhaps a couple thousand bucks a year) i probably wont get all the bitz i need for the conversion until next year.

a couple tousand? isnt that enough to get it fairly soon? hehe not with the way i save money...

so whats with these voices in my head? shut up, Daemon...i know it's you...
W00t for updated avatar and sig...

Footslogger World Eaters wins/losses for 2004 (>1000pts)

W: 9
D: 2
L: 6

Win rate: 53%

Tournament Skull Count: 242.

Offline Dark Nick

• quote "ALL IS DUST"
Re:Chaos Lord on Dragon for next years GD?
« Reply #1 on: August 4, 2002, 03:09:57 PM »
I'm sure you could come up with some kind of fluff for the Dragon.  Ever hard of a Demon Dragon?  Fitting it into the wargear would be a problem.

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #2 on: August 4, 2002, 04:13:40 PM »
A cool idea, Mr. Idiot. You could even say he stole the dragon from those annoying Exodites and then let it ferment in the juices of Chaos in the Eye of Terror for awhile...

Fitting it into wargear wouldn't be a problem at all -- Juggernaut! Make it a Lord with the Mark of Khorne (who else would ride a dragon of doom in 40k?) and there you have it. The dragon's size and tough skin explain the boost in toughness, and it's talons are the bonus attacks.

Let us know how your plans come!

Offline Cheexsta

• Aksho Kharneth Akhash!
« Reply #3 on: August 5, 2002, 01:51:45 AM »
what i was thinking was using him as a DP. i mean, juggernaughts just dont do it for the dragon's stats, IMO. and currently neither does the DP's stats.

but soon, we shall have DECENT DP stats...
W00t for updated avatar and sig...

Footslogger World Eaters wins/losses for 2004 (>1000pts)

W: 9
D: 2
L: 6

Win rate: 53%

Tournament Skull Count: 242.

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #4 on: August 5, 2002, 10:55:44 AM »
I guess it depends on how you want the stats to be. =)

IMHO, the current rules for Daemon Princes rock the casbah. You can make a great HQ unit for not too many points. I actually find that an Undivided Daemon Prince can be the most powerful, because without the Marked Gifts you can squeeze in some more powerful Powers.

The new rules will make DPs powerful, but extremely expensive.