News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2k Witchhunters  (Read 1156 times)

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
2k Witchhunters
« on: June 14, 2005, 07:31:52 PM »
I make army lists for fun and creativity, the fluff of this army is they're basically allies of the Clandestine Guard (a Smurf army I intend to collect and have a fair amount of fluff on, found Here), however other than that there's only tidbits I;ve thoguth of left, if the army inspires me I may do more on them...

Anyway, here's the themed 2k list:

HQ
[/b]
Inquisitor Lord
Power Weapon
Bolt Pistol
Rosarius
Psychic Hood
Hexagrammic Wards
Digital Weapon
2 Sisters Hospitalisers
2 Crusaders
1 Familiar
=186pts

Cannoness
Blessed Weapon
Brazier Of Holy Fire
Jump Pack
Cloak Of St Aspiria
Litanies Of Faith
Frag Grenades
=151pts

HQ=337pts

E[/b]
Vindicaire Assassin
=110pts

E=110pts

T[/b]
(x2) 8 Sisters Of Battle
2 Storm Bolters
Veteren Superior
Imagifier
=244pts (122/squad)

(x2) 8 Sisters Of Battle
2 Meltaguns
Veteren Superior
Imagifier
=264pts (132/squad)

16 Sisters Of Battle
Flamer
Heavy Flamer
Veteren Superior
Imagifier
=228pts

T=736pts

FA[/b]
8 Seraphims
2 Twin Hand Flamers
Vet Superior w/ Eviscerator
=225pts

8 Seraphims
2 Twin Inferno Pistols
=241pts

FA=466

HS[/b]
(x2)Exorcists
=270pts (135/squad)

Immolater
Smoke launchers
Extra Armour
Holy Promethium
=83pts

(For ][ Lord and retinue, and a point filler)

HS=353pts

Total=2002pts

Model Count (Non Vehicle)=72

Model Count (Vehicle)=3

Model Count (Total)=75

Opinions? I know little about WH or SoB so I've probably made some n00bie mistakes with wargear etc.

~MTWC
Quote from: IainC
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
  • :\
Re: 2k Witchhunters
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 07:40:16 PM »
-Inq Lord: Rosarius is unnecessary, Digital Weapons are unnecessary, 2 Sisters Hospitalisers don't work because the Lord doesn't have the majority armour save, but other than that he's fine. I usually prefer an Eviscerator due to the Inquisitor's pathetic strength, but it's your call. I'm also a fan of Psychic Powers, but again that's just personal preference. :)

-Brazier of Holy Flame bad.. too costly.. Other than that it's almost a model SoB canoness (people tend to either use that configuration, or that with an Inferno Pistol, or just a foot model with Blessed Weapon and a Book).

-Min squad size for SoB is 10. Imagifers aren't terribly useful either, for their cost...

It's a great list other than the few above points. Balanced, a nice big core, eviscerators on the two versatile Seraphim squads, two exorcists, etc. etc... I like it. You'll just have to mess around with your core a little due to the min squad size.

Offline Draza

• Ancient
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 02:28:50 AM »
Cool. Good to see you've got a WH army up and running. Looks good to me, although we'll have a look.

Inquisitor Lord
Power Weapon
Bolt Pistol
Rosarius
Psychic Hood
Hexagrammic Wards
Digital Weapon
2 Sisters Hospitalisers
2 Crusaders
1 Familiar
-Digital weapon I'd drop.
-Hospitalers are okay. The Inquistor is an independent character, so if he's individually targeted, your girls can save the wound.
-Take excrutiators. If you have anti-psyker gear, then you should take them. They're cheap, fluffy and useful
-I'm not a fan of Inquistors at all and yours is a good example. Geared for CC with like 6 strength 3 power weapon attacks. For the cost of the unit, I could get a banshee squad (not comparing lists, just effeciency). He's okay, but not the biggest threat to deal with

*You can only have 1 Assasin (you have two E listed with 110pts)

*Two squads are two small. They need to be 10 girls minumum. I'd consider boosting them up to 14-16 girls though.

*Books of Saint Lucius is the most important piece of wargear in the whole army. To have LD done on unmodified 9-10 is the best thing to happen to this army. I've had my Canoness out-numbered 4:1 and remnant squads fighting dreadnoughts but kept fighting anyway because of this miracle book. I'd consider it compulsary for your Canoness to have one. Your Seraphim Veterans should have one each, because when your a high priority enemy and in assaults a lot, you want to pass all the moral checks as possible. In games over 1200pts, I have books for all squad leaders, but you really only need them for your HQ and squads in assault (if you face a Librarian with fear the dark, then maybe or squads should have them)

*Drop the holy prothelium and get extra armour for your Exorcists. Immolators don't survive long and extra armour is a great upgrade for Exorcist tanks.

*Consider giving your Veteran a storm bolter in the storm squad. Bit over-priced, but 6 shots on the move and extra shots stationary makes them a good ranged unit.

*Consider power weapons for your Veteran superiors as well

Have fun ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 02:30:17 AM by Draza »

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 06:43:54 AM »
What's that about the Assassin? I only have one listed... :-\.

Can't believe I didn't see the minimum size.

Ok, expect a new list (hopefully) up some time today.

CD, Psychic powers are a no-go, fluff reasons (see the link I posted first).

EDIT- 2k

HQ
[/b]
Inquisitor Lord
Eviscerator
Excruciator
Psychic Hood
Hexagrammic Wards
Frag Grenades
2 Sisters Hospitalisers
3 Crusaders
=185pts

Cannoness
Blessed Weapon
Rosarius
Jump Pack
Cloak Of St Aspiria
Litanies Of Faith
Frag Grenades
=166pts

HQ=351pts

E[/b]
Vindicaire Assassin
=110pts

E=110pts

T[/b]
(x3) 10 Sisters Of Battle
2 Storm Bolters
Veteren Superior w/ Storm Bolter & Power Weapon
=462pts (154/squad)

(x2) 10 Sisters Of Battle
2 Meltaguns
Veteren Superior w/ Eviscerator
=338pts (169/squad)

T=800pts

FA[/b]
8 Seraphims
2 Twin Hand Flamers
=225pts

8 Seraphims
2 Twin Inferno Pistols
=241pts

FA=466

HS[/b]
(x2)Exorcists
=270pts (135/squad)

HS=270pts

Total=1996pts

Model Count (Non Vehicle)=74

Model Count (Vehicle)=2

Model Count (Total)=76

Opinions?

~MTWC
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 09:39:19 AM by Makenshi, The White Cloud »
Because spamming the hotkey for a Deathknight's weapon in WoW is precisely the same as learning to use a sword in real life. That's why when Kendo grandmasters fight, they just stand there shouting keystroke combos at each other.

Offline Ranger Astheria

• Formerly 'Ranger of Alaitoc'
  • Ancient
  • Holding onto a thread of hope...
    • Realm of Runes
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2005, 01:50:00 PM »
I'm a bigger fan of the Callidus Assassin than the Vindicare.  If you really think you'll have trouble with enemy squad leaders and characters then go for the Vindicare, I personally prefer the killing power of the Callidus.  'A Word in Your Ear' can be a very useful ability as well, setting up your Exorcists for a nice early game shot.  If you wanted to upgrade to the Callidus I'd suggest dropping the few Frag Grenades in your HQ section.

Other than that and some possibly nitpicky wargear things which are irrelevant to the list's overall effectiveness and more personal preferance than anything I'd say you're set to go.

Click my banner to visit Realm of Runes for all your WFB needs!

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 04:44:05 PM »
Actually, I think the Vindicare would be better suited to this situation. While I do use a Callidus myself, my WH force is very assualt oriented, and the Callidus provides the disruption that helps assualt come about so much more easily, and 'A Word in Your Ear' can mess up enemy shooting units, helping me further. In Mac's army, he's more defensive based it would seem, and so the Vindicare is to take out unit leaders, pin squads, etc. etc.

And the Medics won't work Draza. The Inquisitor Lord is indeed an independant character, but he can't be picked out for shooting when he's in a unit, so shooting casualties won't be ignored. In CC, the rest of the squad wouldn't be terribly hard to get through, and I wouldn't imagine that anyone would bother trying to hit him knowing of the two Sisters (unless there was a lot of attacks involved). Even in that situation, they're not really worth the points you're paying. I'd rather just use acolytes and more meat wounds, like familiars.

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 04:47:07 PM »
Ok, what (if anything) should I equip acolytes with? Max 28pts without re-arranging stuff, so that's 10 points of equipment max if I take two, or should I take three and give them simple weapons or perhaps just not give them anything?

~MTWC

Offline CD

• The Plagued Reaper
  • Ancient
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 05:24:50 PM »
If you want to get into combat, Mancatchers are great fun. Other than that.. Meltabombs? Not very good, but if you can't find anywhere else to spend the extra points, you might as well...

Offline Draza

• Ancient
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 12:17:32 AM »
And the Medics won't work Draza. The Inquisitor Lord is indeed an independant character, but he can't be picked out for shooting when he's in a unit, so shooting casualties won't be ignored. In CC, the rest of the squad wouldn't be terribly hard to get through, and I wouldn't imagine that anyone would bother trying to hit him knowing of the two Sisters (unless there was a lot of attacks involved). Even in that situation, they're not really worth the points you're paying. I'd rather just use acolytes and more meat wounds, like familiars.
Attacks at the henchmen are attacks not aimed at the Lord. When he's armed with an eviscerator, thats a good thing. If attacks are aimed at him, he's more likely to survive and attack back. Acolytes may be better, but the hospitalers still have good use.

List looks excellent. But you should still use the books of Saint Lucius. Thats all thats missing. You have 9 AOF, you could probably drop the Canoness rosarius to afford the books. You'll be able to make use of a 2++ with faith

Offline -Makenshi-

• I See Stupid People
  • Ancient
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 10:40:32 AM »
The book of saint lucius? That's only the same price as melta bombs, why would I need to drop the Rosarius?

Here's the new list:

HQ
[/b]
Inquisitor Lord
Eviscerator
Excruciator
Psychic Hood
Hexagrammic Wards
Frag Grenades
2 Acolytes w/ Mancatchers
3 Crusaders
=189pts

Cannoness
Blessed Weapon
Rosarius
Jump Pack
Cloak Of St Aspiria
Litanies Of Faith
Frag Grenades
=166pts

HQ=355pts

E[/b]
Vindicaire Assassin
=110pts

E=110pts

T[/b]
(x3) 10 Sisters Of Battle
2 Storm Bolters
Veteren Superior w/ Storm Bolter & Power Weapon
=462pts (154/squad)

(x2) 10 Sisters Of Battle
2 Meltaguns
Veteren Superior w/ Eviscerator
=338pts (169/squad)

T=800pts

FA[/b]
8 Seraphims
2 Twin Hand Flamers
=225pts

8 Seraphims
2 Twin Inferno Pistols
=241pts

FA=466

HS[/b]
(x2)Exorcists
=270pts (135/squad)

HS=270pts

Total=2000pts

Model Count (Non Vehicle)=74

Model Count (Vehicle)=2

Model Count (Total)=76

Opinions?

~MTWC