News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 NON-CHEAP Armored Company  (Read 629 times)

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
1850 NON-CHEAP Armored Company
« on: January 21, 2005, 12:18:23 AM »
Now, I don't remember all the details. I cooked this up last night while reading in bed. Correct what's missing.

HQ-

Salamander scout vehicle (Main purpose? Probably to blow up. It's just fluffy for a really bold Commander to run out there in an open topped vehicle. And it's cheap on points.)

Elites-

3x 10x stormtroopers, flamer, Sergeant w/ powerweapon, frag and krak grenades, Chimera w/ multilaser and heavy bolter

Troops-2 Leman Russes, Hull mounted HBs, and I think I gave one HB sponsons

Fast Attack-

3x Armored Fist squads, grenade launcher, missle launcher, chimera w/ multilaser and heavy bolter

Heavy support

3 Basilisks, indirect fire (I think...don't remember if I could squeeze in the points).

Basically, the storm troopers and Armored fists would form my line, advancing while the LRs hold the flanks, pounding the enemy, and the Basilisks stay back and pound the enemy. After a few turns of said pounding, the main line moves in, and mops up.

So ok, it's still a little cheap, but it's more like an awesome mechanized list, rather than an armored company. A jump pack army would still do really good against it, but against footsloggers and other mechanized lists, I see it doing ok. On a big board, the enemy should just give up  ;D

5 pie plates in 2k points is nothing compared to other AC lists, and I have a hefty pack of meat in my infantry squads. 60 men and 12 vehicles sounds pretty nice to me.

Oh, and another reason for the salamder; I wanted to do a General Grizmund conversion, and the best way to show it off would be in an open topped vehicle. CHARGE!

Life is not measured by the moments in which we breath. Life is measured by the moments that take our breath away. -Carlin

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
Re: 1850 NON-CHEAP Armored Company
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 01:16:53 AM »
You might want to think about using an Armoured Battallion list rather than an AC, if you were thinking of using this for tournaments or whatever. That way your AF squads become troops, and it'ld do wonders for your army comp score.

Apart from that, it looks like it;s a pretty decent army. Probably suits an AB list better than an AC, but I don't see any big holes in it.

Eller
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline General Siegler

• General, Nobody knows who I am!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Retired member of the 40konline Commissariate.
    • Imperial Guard Message Board
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 01:31:28 AM »
the commander cannot be put into a slamander scout
General of the Imperial Guard's Special Operations and Airborne division.

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 01:55:23 PM »
Why don't you just use a mechanized infantry list?  With IAv1 you could get your salamander, And you could still have 3 pie plates, but more infantry.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 06:18:13 PM »
Lorence, the list in IAV is the Armoured Battallion list I was talking about. Mech Inf is what you get in the Guard 'dex when you use the Mechanised doctrine.

Eller
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 06:23:19 PM »
I realize that.  But it seems Yggdrisil could do most of what he wanted to accomplish with the guard 'dex mechanised list.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005, 06:28:41 PM »
But with the AB list he could do everything there. The Russes would still count as troops, he could still take the bassies, and the AF squads would be troops. So he'ld get better army comp scores in tournaments and stuff.

Eller

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2005, 12:03:16 AM »
Um, it says right in my CA2004 book, that the commander can take a sallie.

Life is not measured by the moments in which we breath. Life is measured by the moments that take our breath away. -Carlin

Offline Aesir Yggdrasil

• The Twisted Haemonculus
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Serious as a hemophiliac in a razor blade factory.
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2005, 12:07:13 AM »
But in the newest rendering of the AC rules, that sallie got sloted to FA only. Which is why my AC doesn't have any (That and I hate them. Stupid tanks thinking they can be a raider. My Exterminators will exterminate that wanna be tank...). I think these rules are in USWD294, though I could be wrong...

EDIT::

I was close. both had a 2 and a 4. Stupid 8.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 11:49:58 PM by Aesir Yggdrasil »
People ask how come I play such a twisted army. I reply that I have the heart of a young boy; in a jar right next to his brain.

Now with Extra Lung!

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2005, 12:17:26 AM »
I have that issue, but remember, I cooked this up at 2am  :-\

Offline Karl Eller

• Ancient
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2005, 01:12:54 AM »
The latest rules for Armoured Company is in WD #294 US, or WD #295 UK/Aust/whatever.

Eller