News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Exodite players/fluff question for a campaign.  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Algavinn of the Many Paths

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Stockholm syndrome is a great way to pickup chicks
Exodite players/fluff question for a campaign.
« on: February 10, 2007, 04:11:34 PM »
I'm working on making a campaign with the tyranids attacking a maiden world, that has a newly founded cadian outpost on it to link together some tyranid players and my cadian opponent.  I'm working on the motivation of the eldar (biel-tan) and was thinking a maiden world, possibly with an exodite settlement and was looking for fluff sources or a particular world, or exodite community, somewhere on the side of the galaxy of Biel-Tan though not neccesarily.  Also i know some of my friends may be interested in some additions from a web campaign contribution if there were an exodite player(s) interested.  I am making this campaign different than many of the worldwide campaigns GW does where the eldar have a 2ndary objective to the overall campaign, like closing a warp gate, killing a specific enemy, or collecting an artifact.  This world matters to the eldar.  And with the tyranids once it is gone, it is gone, not some trivial human colony that can be swept away like a host of suckling mosquitos.  If anyone has exodite info that is applicable, or any other ideas for a primary eldar objective in preserving the planet, as well as taking down the tyranid threat i'd love to hear it.
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Slaughtering Mon Keigh and reclaiming the galaxy since 1992

Offline Farseer Ari'Torcis

• Vengence is at hand.
Re: Exodite players/fluff question for a campaign.
« Reply #1 on: March 4, 2007, 03:34:22 AM »
One idea-if the nids start winning too much one could change the eldar goal to the evacuation of the souls in the world spirit (if it is an exodite world) to Biel-tan's infinity circut.
Other possible goals could also depend on what other opponents would be involved. 

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: March 4, 2007, 02:06:19 PM »
Looks like 2 nid players IG player SM player, and me as eldar so far, with possibly one other eldar player.  The soul transfer isnt a bad idea, but hopefully we wont have to go that route :)
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Offline Farseer Ari'Torcis

• Vengence is at hand.
« Reply #3 on: March 4, 2007, 03:20:41 PM »
It sounds like with the ammount of imperium forces they could be there defending a newly established colony that is of great value for some reason (minerals, reasearch facility, holy site,ect.)  things could have been escalating with the eldar until the nids arrive.  Sounds like you've got a good potential for a story here that could go a lot of different ways.

2 eldar v. 2 imperium v. 2 'nid possibly?
« Last Edit: March 4, 2007, 03:21:50 PM by Farseer Ari'Torcis »

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: March 4, 2007, 05:53:28 PM »
Well, one guy, zack, plays SM nids and eldar.  Nids primarily.  My fiancee plays nids only.  I play eldar mostly, and may pull in some SM for a battle here or there.  Jim plays IG and marines.  The planet will be of significant imporatnce to the imperium but i have not decided why yet, hence the presence of the marines.  i've talked it over with jim and he likes the idea, but i need to develop a few personalized terrain pieces like my imperial outpost (comms tower, landing pad, barracks, HQ building, vehicle depot, gun emplacements) all of them in progress but not finished. 

I appretiate the help generating ideas.  I think i will ask jim why he is there, so he can decide something he likes.