News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New codex speculation, wants, needs and comments!  (Read 43360 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: New codex speculation, wants, needs and comments!
« Reply #180 on: April 17, 2015, 08:18:33 PM »
Spiders actually got a nerf by wounding on Initiative....

It sounds like a nerf, but it is mostly the same, some high T targets have a low I :) You will need to be more careful with target selection though. I just think it makes it overly complicated for no real reason.

Tanks in squads, nice idea but wildly expensive point wise. The falcon bomb role I can see being done better and more cheaply with Wave+Archon(webportal)+FD or even WG.

Guardian really should have got a point drop, that many point to try and correct a 1/6 bad roll is not worth it.

Vypers and Walkers are not just EML/BL platforms, if I want to lay down S6 Jetbikes are cheaper point wise.

Banshee's are less broken but not enough to get back on the field.

LAAAAAAMME! Shining spears and autarch are stuck on the old bikes! like what?
And they got a price rise!

GW are making a little extra from the Aussie's again.

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2015, 03:33:11 AM »
I'm in 2 minds about the shining spears. I am disappointed they are old and finecast sculpts but I also think the easy rider style suits them. They look more like a knight on horseback to me sitting upright. On the bright side this will be a cheap release for me.

Wonder if the banshee mask will do anything besides act like assault grenades.

I'm pretty excited for my warriors they seem to be getting some sweet buffs based on the rumours.

Also why are people excited for vehicle squadrons again? If my understanding is correct you can field over 10 heavy support vehicles in the new decurion host.

Very excited!!

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2015, 04:58:27 AM »
Well the vehicule squadron is for those who will be playing a cad that allow you to field numerous falcon for one heavy slot wich is huge whe you concider how our heavy slot are pretty much with intresting units everywhere :D
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2015, 05:21:18 AM »
@Rx8Speed: The hemlock already had psychic shriek (as psychic focus) where I play, but now I thnk it can get the new Eldritch storm or the sanctic vortex.

@magenb: Guardians gets some free weapon upgrades.

I read that the reapers would be cheaper pointwise (cost the same as a shining spear) and will be able to hit fast things even more reliably, but I still have my fingers crossed for unit wide flakk option.

I still haven't read anything about the rangers, I think they really deserve a buff, not like the 3rd ed craftworld codex; delay your opponents unit's buff, I'm thinking a -1 to LoS-rolls or something.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2015, 08:09:18 AM »
Good point Grizzly I didnt think of that.

Hopefully this is ok to post (sorry Iri if not) looking at the Itunes preview pictures it seems Dire Avengers lost Counter Attack but gain Defence Tactics and Exarchs don't get to buy powers any more (unless they have their own special entry?).

iTunes - Books - Codex: Craftworlds (Enhanced Edition) by Games Workshop

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2015, 01:20:08 PM »
Isn't the special entry defence tactics and the battle fortune? It's in the preview of the ibook i believe we can talk about it can't  we?

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline murgel

• Armies: CWE, Harlequins, SW, DA, BA, Vanilla SM
« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2015, 02:03:19 PM »
Isn't the special entry defence tactics and the battle fortune? It's in the preview of the ibook i believe we can talk about it can't  we?

I think we can. Rumour says the defence tactic will give the unit a bonus in specific defensive situations and the battle fortune is a bonus defense for the exarch alone.
sure you have an opinion,
but my swordplay is better than your´s

Take my advice, I never use it.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #187 on: April 20, 2015, 08:25:34 AM »
With the new war host formation bonuses, and the aspect formation bonuses, I am very excited to get Banshees (Who have no negatives by themselves anymore!) and Scorpions (Who are much more durable now) back on the table to see how they fair.

Offline Rx8Speed

« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2015, 01:16:31 PM »
How is that new rule going to get banshees into combat? They still get eaten by small arms fire which is something you'll have to weather before getting into combat and they still cant assault out of CWE transports. And how are scorpions more durable?

Removed description of rule.  Please make sure that when you are discussing the changes you are not actually elaborating on the rules. --- GML
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 04:57:16 PM by Grand Master Lomandalis »

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2015, 01:38:05 PM »
How is an extra run move going to get banshees into combat? They still get eaten by small arms fire which is something you'll have to weather before getting into combat and they still cant assault out of CWE transports. And how are scorpions more durable?

We can't really post the rumors, but Scorps are more durable due to almost always getting the best cover save possible. This can allow them to walk into combats more reliably.

Banshees get a lot of extra movement thanks to a new bonus from the overall warhost bonus. This can allow them to cover ground more quickly (meaning, less time not in combat). With proper target saturation, cover, and their faster speed they might be usable again. I'm not saying they will, but I'm going to try.

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #190 on: April 20, 2015, 06:51:42 PM »
Well, at least we'd use Warp Spiders v Giant Bugs or slow units.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2015, 02:30:39 AM »
I'm pretty sure that spyder used to wound like the rumor says in the past but i might be mistaking

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2015, 02:58:28 AM »
Yes, back in 2nd ed warp spiders had a flamer template that wounded against initiative. The computer game Dawn of war started the idea that spiders should be good against vehicles.
AFAIK spiders still wound MEQ on a 2+, but most eldar will only be wounded on 3+.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2015, 03:14:34 AM »
I remember that's why i didn't want to play spyder back in this days.

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2015, 09:43:34 AM »
It looks like that the Wraithknight will be one of the best units for anti-anything. Gargantuan with a sword of OMFG don't hit me with that. This will be a crazy codex.

So far minimum of 2 Destroyer class weapons in our arsenal?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:48:01 AM by haunt »
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2015, 09:56:11 AM »
It looks like that the Wraithknight will be one of the best units for anti-anything. Gargantuan with a sword of OMFG don't hit me with that. This will be a crazy codex.

So far minimum of 2 Destroyer class weapons in our arsenal?

More than that - all weapons that are currently distort have been changed to destroyer. Wraith cannons, heavy wraith cannon, D-scythe (though with a "penalty"), heavy D-scythe, Knight sword, and The support battery.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 10:21:40 AM by Partninja »

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2015, 10:17:33 AM »
Destroyer... destroyer every where!

Offline Mr Draken

• Armies: Saim-Hann, White Scars, Space Wolves, Catachans.
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2015, 10:39:46 AM »
I am actually looking at splitting my army up... keeping my saim hann list, but doing an aspect army.... the aspect rules sing, and considering the looks ill get if i bring my current army (26 jetbikes, 3 vipers and the rest) to the table....... I think a change in play style is in order!
Carpe Diem Baby...

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2015, 12:11:21 PM »
I am actually looking at splitting my army up... keeping my saim hann list, but doing an aspect army.... the aspect rules sing, and considering the looks ill get if i bring my current army (26 jetbikes, 3 vipers and the rest) to the table....... I think a change in play style is in order!

26 bikes shouldn't cause anyone not to play you. Bike armies have always been a thing. That is not a crazy amount of bikes, even if they all have a heavy weapon. Plenty of things can still kill Eldar bikes just fine. If they don't want to play you, they wouldn't have been a fun game anyway.

Offline Wyldhunt

« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2015, 12:28:48 PM »

Just don't go to the extra effort putting a ton of heavy weapons in the squad. Keep it 1 per 3 like it was before, and you'll still have a solid unit that moves fast, is reasonably durable, and hits hard. Not to keep you from starting an aspect list. :)