News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your Eldar Army.  (Read 228198 times)

Offline Saim-Dann

Re: Your Eldar Army.
« Reply #440 on: November 1, 2017, 04:03:12 PM »
G'day Haunt!
That must have been one epic weekend, mate. A 15K Ghost army? Wow! That must have been a sight.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #441 on: November 1, 2017, 05:03:17 PM »
Nice! I remember scrapping money together just to get 10 of those dudes in metal. Legendary! My buddy Brian on the Splintermind Podcast still rocks his metal Wraithguard to this day. With some nice basing you almost can't tell the difference
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #442 on: November 1, 2017, 09:52:17 PM »
Luv it, when I was able to field 90 Wraithguards and wraithblades, 6 wraithlords, 5 wraithknights (Dreamwalker Formation), 2 shadow councils and more stuff just couldn't remember it off hand, have to find the list. :)
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
  • May Hoeth guide our ways...
  • Armies: Eldar (Saim-Hann), Space Wolves
« Reply #443 on: November 3, 2017, 06:29:14 AM »
Hi All!

Never posted to this thread before, mostly due to having nothing to post :) But it happened so that I had to take some pics of my models recently, which turned out pretty decent - so thought I might as well show them off  :P ;D

It's funny that I've been collecting and playing Eldar for well over 10 years, yet only got into some serious painting just a couple of years ago. The one most important factor that made this transition possible was an airbrush. Before that I never really tried to do anything better than the "minimum of three flat colours" paintjob (with the exception of a handful one-off models), simply because painting, say,a group of 5 infantry up to a decent quality would take me a minimum of 5-6 weeks, and that's if I spend at least 2-3 hours at my painting desk every day without a single break! Airbrush brought me two huge benefits: firstly, it made my painting at least 3 times faster (now I can do a squad of 5 guys or 1 vehicle in about 2 weeks, which is still horrendously slow but just within the boundaries of acceptable), and secondly it almost instantly enabled me to create some nice and smooth colour transitions between general shades and highlights. To me, smooth colour transitions is a must for a paintjob to qualify as "good" - but achieving it by applying hundreds of translucent layers of paint takes forever, and that "wet-blending" thing is simply beyond my comprehension :) Airbrush solved that problem for me, enabling me to finally become a proper hobbyist with a (hopefully) nicely painted force of my own making.

I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #444 on: November 3, 2017, 07:30:29 AM »
G'day SeekingOne!
Niiiiice!! With my painting ability out there, mate, there is no way that your skills are lackluster. Was going to post some of my Doggies, but after looking at your Eldar? NO-BLESSED-CHANCE! Looking good, mate... Be well!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #445 on: November 3, 2017, 07:36:47 AM »
Seriously man... this is some of the nicest looking work I've seen on the forums. Just incredible paint jobs. The Farseer is a thing of absolute beauty and those Spiders (you gotta love those Russian sculptors) are just gorgeous. Absolutely stunning work Seeking One. I'd love to see you down in the Project Logs with us. Seeing stuff like this always gives me a kick in the pants to up my game. Killer!

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline flatworldsedge

• Corners conceal treasures
    • flatworldsedge photography
  • Armies: Eldar
« Reply #446 on: November 3, 2017, 04:30:40 PM »
@SeekingOne
+1
Awesome work - especially the Farseer.  The helmet toning with that  handed touch of blended peach is magic.  So smooth.

Offline murgel

• Armies: CWE, Harlequins, SW, DA, BA, Vanilla SM
« Reply #447 on: November 3, 2017, 05:20:20 PM »
Absolutely stunning. I especially love the Farseer Skyrunner and the Spiders. Those casts are excellent and your painting is making them shine!
sure you have an opinion,
but my swordplay is better than your´s

Take my advice, I never use it.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #448 on: November 4, 2017, 03:38:51 AM »
Wow Seekingone...you kept that quiet man! Those are some of the best paint jobs I've seen on these forums; definitely the best work we've seen since the likes of Valar and Oink stopped posting.

The work is sublime. Your skill with an airbrush is obvious, but there is some ridiculously good brush work on show too. The quality of your colour transitions is excellent. The faces. The Crystalline blades. The gems. Those death spinners. It really is hard to pick out the bits that I like best because the overall effect is so startling.

Just wow. Take a bow.
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #449 on: November 4, 2017, 03:36:04 PM »
He's always modest about his works. :)
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
« Reply #450 on: November 6, 2017, 08:50:00 AM »
You actually make me blush guys :) Thank you very much for all the kind words! Greatly appreciated  ;D

I'm about to embark on a new and (hopefully) fast-paced 4-month project of expanding my current army, which I have to complete by 8th of March 2018. Seriously considering starting a Project Blog for this on the Project Board :)
I fight against Chaos and for Order, because it means fighting for Life against Death. There is no other battle truly worth fighting.

"If it's not for a tournament then play whatever it is that you like. Without the pressure of having to utterly destroy your opponent it opens up alot more opportunity to have fun." - Lazarus

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #451 on: November 6, 2017, 08:45:35 PM »
Do or do not, there is no try.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #452 on: November 7, 2017, 12:33:54 AM »
Great job on those warp spiders, did they take long to get to you?

Offline SeekingOne

• Exarch
« Reply #453 on: November 7, 2017, 01:48:55 AM »
Great job on those warp spiders, did they take long to get to you?
Where I live there's a small retail store that collects orders from local hobbyists and then places a consolidated order with the models' creator. I was lucky to call in right after someone refusing to pick up a sizeable order, so I just went there, paid and got my models instantly.

From what I heard from the people who actually ordered the models remotely, it takes about 6 weeks for the order to arrive.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #454 on: November 7, 2017, 05:41:00 AM »
I actually ordered some just recently. I'll let you know how long it takes. They're currently processing through Russian customs.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #455 on: November 7, 2017, 07:46:02 AM »
Hell yeah! Get down in the Project Logs I'd love to see what you are cooking up! Your painting skills are epic I'd love to see your process.

Offline admironheart

• later
  • Armies: Eldar,Exodites,Harlequins.Squats,Dark Eldar&BA
« Reply #456 on: December 24, 2017, 10:48:33 PM »
you guys have some awesome paint work. And it is work!

I am more of a modeler and caster....wish I had those skills.  Cavalier, Haunt, SeekingOne and the others I did not go  back thru to see....I'm intimidated !!!

Keep em coming!
"Battles are decided by slaughter and maneuver.  The greater the general, the more he contributes in manuever, the less he demands in slaughter"...Winston Churchill

Offline Alexxk

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #457 on: July 25, 2018, 04:06:59 PM »
Hey guys!
Today I took some pictures of my aeldari collection. A lot is still in the work, a big motivation for painting is always a tournament and for that I try to finish the most competetive units (that I will field). But taking every model into my hands again I actually have some motivation to finish a lot of those that I allready started (the wraithblades just need their base and and some sealer, 2 shining spears need their helmets and weapons painted, ...). The guardians don't fit in because I bought them used some weeks ago, when I finished the rest of my collection I will strip them and paint them in my colors.
Currently I am working on the cobra and the dark eldar (man, I hate the name drukhari).
I am not the best painter but I try to finish my models in a reasonable time. Like SeekingOne wrote in his post at the top of the page: When I got an airbrush the fun started. Its a big time saver and you can get some really neat effects!

With the colorscheme I wanted to tie the Eldar and dark eldar together because I really enjoy the ynnari storyline. I have some harlequins aswells (just a troupe and a starweaver). I think those will be black with yellow and red diamonds (to tie them together, while still having some contrast. In the lore they still follow cegorach while helping yvraine, as I understood it).
Let me know what you think!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #458 on: July 25, 2018, 05:11:20 PM »
Hmmm Cobra :)

The green and yellow scheme looks great, and nice work on the hex patterns

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #459 on: July 25, 2018, 07:17:48 PM »
Very nice. Air brushes and hex patterns are our friends. Your use is perfect. Im big on the ynarri too only I built mine more around the Harliquins.  Keep posting.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword