News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Jetbikes  (Read 4655 times)

Offline Gal'rgae Neverborne

• Armies: Eldar, Deathwing, Daemons
Re: Eldar Jetbikes
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 05:31:59 PM »
You have enough small arms fire to deal with terminies very easily. Honestly they're just not worth firing your heavy weapons at. Take it from a Deathwing Player unless they're in combat those things are pushovers. But keep the dragons if you want to experiment.

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 06:03:04 PM »
OK so to sum up: a mix of bikes is good, but it comes down to preference, just try it out.

For an anecdotal story to put things in perspective, I played a tournament this weekend were Table 1 was:

Eldrad
Baharroth

3x3 scatbikes
2x2 war walkers with BL

Seer Council - 10 warlocks on bikes, 2 farseers

Allied Eldar
Farseer on jetbike
6 Fire Dragons + Exarch
3 scatbikes

It was a nasty list with literally bucketfuls of scatter laser shots and psychic dice, plus hit & run and all the mobility in the world.

Game 1 -- beaten by 72 fire warriors + 2x hammerhead, 2x devilfish, 2x fusion suit, 5x piranha, Ethereal + Fireblade pulse bomb.

Game 2 -- beaten by black templar battle company in razorbacks with bikes and a few drop pods.

Game 3 -- beaten by necrons with imotekh, 2x 5 immortal, 2x 5 wraiths, 9 scarabs, spyder, 3 heavy destroyers, doomsday ark, void shield.

Nobody wanted to face this list, but it lost every time, hah!

Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline Gal'rgae Neverborne

• Armies: Eldar, Deathwing, Daemons
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 06:25:45 PM »
This i really don't like

That player is trying to recreate the Jetseer council with Baharroth in Place of the Barron. If he doesn't get invisibility or at least fortune off he's going to loose.

....That list is like so 6th Edition  :P

Offline Lyonic

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 07:24:01 PM »
Its the crappy AP on dem' witchbladea i tell ye hehe. Yah seer council cost to much and too random for my liking. Icedancer really thanks for your help man. Ive saved this so i can look back at your comments. Ill let you know how the tourney goes!

Offline Ibushi

• Coming to a croneworld near you
  • Armies: PEW PEW spinny death
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2015, 07:31:34 PM »
Let us know what your final is and give us some batreps Lyonic!

Always fun to hear how things perform on the tabletop, and why.

Cheers
Ibushi
Check out my PLOG! Croneworld Koxinga Rises

Wet Coast GT 2015 Best Overall
TSHFT 08-15 3rd Place, Best Eldar
Guardian Cup 8.5 Best General
Attack-X Best Overall
WGWB 2015 Best Overall
Tanksgiving 2015 Best Overall

Samurai Eldar, Coming to a Croneworld Near You.

Offline gangrel767

• "What we do in life, echoes in eternity" - Maximus
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 01:20:32 PM »
I always felt eldar struggle with long range anti-tank. Bright lances are hot though.

No not in the slightest. Eldar have more D than anyone else. D-Cannon & Heavy D Cannons will put the fear of god, in friendly game most players i play don't even bother taking AV 14 as they know i'm penetrating on a 2+ and a 6  means "Please remove your model".

There's two ways to go Quality and Quantity. I prefer Quantity, Fire Dragons are a particularly poor choice in my opinion, very expensive, poor range and they need a delivery method, Falcon/Wave Serpent.

AV 14 really isn't that common, and the tanks that have them usually are quite expensive and you can deal with AV 14 with Str8 - 1 in 6 hits. If you  can kick out 24 shots per turn that should be enough. - See the reaper list i posted. - Quantity over Quality. - Unless it's a WK ;)

Crimson hunters a fine for dealing with Lehman Russ' as they can access their side amour value and they have enough to put some hurt into 14/14/14 tanks.

Regarding the WK it really does solve many of the problems you can get. I don't know why you're worried about an Alpha Strike? They're not really a good idea anymore if you opponent wants to do that, let him/her and sit on a bunch of objectives on the first turn. You do know poisoned and Snipers are on 6's to wound? And you have feel no pain and you can make the thing invisible too. If your opponent still takes in down on turn one, take your hat off to them, that's no easy feat.

Yes i know 50% of time them they'll get first turn but 50% of the time you will.

The WK is actually so good some tournaments/clubs have a no superheavy/gargantuan rule. Invis  is so good it's often disallowed/modified. 

Regarding catapults and MEQ vs Reapers. The best gun in the world isn't worth a damn if it's 1" out of  range you'd find the catapults short range is a problem on the 1st 2 turns (which are more often on not when the game is won or lost).

I disagree with a what is expressed here. While it is a valid opinion to say eldar do not lack range AV 13/14, the only recommendation given is the WK.

In my opinion, the Eldar do suffer with ranged AV 13/14, not because of choices, but because our most efficient choices are short ranged (with the exception of the WK).

Here is a breakdown of the units that could be effective against AV14:

Close Threats:
  • Fire Dragons
  • Wraithguard
  • Swooping Hawks
  • Shining Spears
  • Singing Spears on Farseers/Warlocks
  • Wraithknight

Ranged Threats:
  • Hornets
  • Crimson Hunters
  • Bright Lance Platforms
  • War Walkers/Wasps
  • Vypers
  • Falcons
  • Wraithlord
  • Fire Prism
  • Vaul's Wrath
  • Dark Reapers
  • Shadow Spectres
  • Wave Serpent
  • Wraithknight

I'm sure there are some other tricks such as allied web way portals or Craftworld auto running 6" with battle focus. but I think this covers most of the AV13/14 solutions. There are a lot of Ranged selections, beyond the Cheese-knight... but most of the efficient units are our short range threats.
"What we do in life, echoes in eternity" - Maximus Meridius

Check out Veterans of the Long War Podcast -
https://www.facebook.com/VeteransOfTheLongWar