News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Biel-Tan Army List 1000pts Please Critique!!!  (Read 640 times)

Offline Brother_Captain

Eldar Biel-Tan Army List 1000pts Please Critique!!!
« on: December 2, 2009, 01:59:43 AM »
Farseer w/ fortune = 80

12 Guardians w shuriken cannon and spiritseer =132

8 Dire Avengers w/ Exarch, Diresword and Bladestorm = 133
Wave Serpent w/ Shuriken Cannons and Spirit Stones = 110

8 Scorpions w/ Exarch and Shadowstrike, Scorpions Claw = 175
Wave Serpent w/ Shuriken Cannons and Spirit Stones = 110

Wraithlord W/Brightlance =130
Wraithlord w/Brightlance =130

total 1000pts

Just would like your input, this list is partially based on what I already have and would like to get shortly. I also have many Farseers (5), Warlocks(5), Dark Reapers(5), Guardians (20), Shining Spears (3), Rangers (8)... But I don't really see any place for these units mentioned... Basically the plan would be to send in the Avengers to help with the Scorpions, farseer w fortune go with scorps, wraithlords and guardians hang back Eventually making the lines with the rest of the army

Anyways let me know what ya thinks!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 2, 2009, 04:16:24 AM by Brother_Captain »
IG wins-3 loses-0 draws-0
Space Marines wins-8 loses-0 draws-0
Necrons wins-1 loses-0 draws-0

Offline Adrastos

• Infinity Circuit
  • Echoes in the void...Death your guide.
Re: Eldar Biel-Tan Army List 1000pts Please Critique!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 2, 2009, 03:29:07 AM »
A few things I notice right off the bat;

1. You need TWO troops choices, minimum, and one HQ minimum in order to field a legal list. I suggest maybe utilizing some Guardians with attached Spirit Seer for wraith sight.

2. First the farseer is, if I understand you correctly, just going to be sitting back with the Wraithlords. On his own. Alone. In the open.. . . this is a very bad idea, he needs to be riding with a squad. I suggest either running him with Fortune and the Scorps or DAs, keeping doom if you can find the points. Or dropping him with the aforementioned guardians in place of the warlock.

3. I don't really see the need for the Fire Dragons in this list, when you have two Wraithlords already filling AT at a decent level, and are likely not to encounter TONS of armor, though you might. If you do encounter gobs of armor, the best bet any way is to just try to eliminate his troops. Dropping the dragons gets you close to some Guardians.

4. You do not need to have maxed aspect squads for them to be effective. 8 Scorps with an exarch and claw has typically proved very effective for me, and frees you up some points. Likewise you can run between 8-10 DAs and be pretty effective.

5. I think you have the Serpents kitted right, but you might consider running the scorps FROM that serpent, which will not be transporting dragons any more. I find this to be very handy if utilized properly, and it is how I typically run them.

Just my thoughts for you.
I do not need to kill you Mon-Keigh, you will kill yourself.

Offline Brother_Captain

« Reply #2 on: December 2, 2009, 04:01:21 AM »
A few things I notice right off the bat;

1. You need TWO troops choices, minimum, and one HQ minimum in order to field a legal list. I suggest maybe utilizing some Guardians with attached Spirit Seer for wraith sight.

2. First the farseer is, if I understand you correctly, just going to be sitting back with the Wraithlords. On his own. Alone. In the open.. . . this is a very bad idea, he needs to be riding with a squad. I suggest either running him with Fortune and the Scorps or DAs, keeping doom if you can find the points. Or dropping him with the aforementioned guardians in place of the warlock.

3. I don't really see the need for the Fire Dragons in this list, when you have two Wraithlords already filling AT at a decent level, and are likely not to encounter TONS of armor, though you might. If you do encounter gobs of armor, the best bet any way is to just try to eliminate his troops. Dropping the dragons gets you close to some Guardians.

4. You do not need to have maxed aspect squads for them to be effective. 8 Scorps with an exarch and claw has typically proved very effective for me, and frees you up some points. Likewise you can run between 8-10 DAs and be pretty effective.

5. I think you have the Serpents kitted right, but you might consider running the scorps FROM that serpent, which will not be transporting dragons any more. I find this to be very handy if utilized properly, and it is how I typically run them.

Just my thoughts for you.

List has been edited...

Right my bad on the troops, ill likely use guardians , drop dragons, add spiritseer and a shuricannon w guardians from freed up points from dropping squad numbers
« Last Edit: December 2, 2009, 04:18:53 AM by Brother_Captain »

Online Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #3 on: December 2, 2009, 10:32:14 AM »
Mixed lists are very difficult to balance in a 1000 point game, but if you want to field one, I feel you are going to have to field the Striking Scorpions on foot as assault protection for the Guardians, unless you know that you will only face gun line armies.

Guardian squads also work much better when fielded in pairs in my experience, and if you give them a Scatter Laser.  The Shuriken Cannon doesn't have a long enough range for Guardians on foot, and forces them to walk into range of rapid fire weapons to be able to fire, which is not a good idea in the early stages of the game (i.e. before you have had a chance to thin the numbers of such models), as Guardians are very vulnerable to basic weaponry.

The Dire Avengers look good on the whole, but I think would be better that eight if you can find the points, and the Dual Avenger Catapults would be a substantial improvement over the Diresword.

The second Wave Serpent would need another unit to fill it if you field the Striking Scorpions on foot.  Storm Guardians with Flamers and a Warlock with Destructor would be one option, Fire Dragons another.

Wraithlords only threaten tanks with AV12 or more when equipped with an EML and Brightlance in my experience, so if you cannot afford, or do not want to field the Wraithlords with this configuration, I suggest dropping both of them, and finding other anti-tank options, such as the Fire Dragons, although the Wraithlords would help to draw fire away from your other ground units to a certain extent in my experience.

The Farseer may also be better off taking Doom than Fortune, as both the Dire Avengers and Striking Scorpions really do benefit a lot from the effects of this power in my experience.

Overall, the edited list seems to be heading in the right direction, but I feel you need a better balance between the infantry and mechanised elements.

I hope that helps.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Brother_Captain

« Reply #4 on: December 2, 2009, 07:06:19 PM »
Yea that sounds good, thanks for the help guys... Regardless though I really like Wraithlords so I'd atleast like to field one, dropping one would give me an extra 130pts that I could use to add firedragons, an EML to the one Wraithlord (I only have 1 EML in all my gear) switch the farseer power back to doom and also likely afford the twin cats but not sure if I have it in my gear (maybe take em from guardians?? I don't really know lol) and should still have a few points left over maybe to switch to a scatter laser with the guardians...I don't really want to have to buy too many more things than I already need to get, this hobby is quite $$$. Also I'm new to using Eldar I've mostly been using IG and marines but the marines were too boring and my IG was too intense powergaming wise, I had way too many Heavy Weapons nothing was much of a challenge.

Anyways once again thanks for the input :D

Online Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #5 on: December 2, 2009, 07:32:15 PM »
Why not just add EMLs to the existing Wraithlords, so that they both have an EML and Brightlance, as I suggested above?  This can be done, but it would mean cutting back on other elements of your infantry, and not increasing the size of the Dire Avenger squad in the Wave Serpent.

On the Defender Guardians, only the Scatter Laser is a viable choice for them on foot in my experience, as the EML is too inaccurate by comparison, and the Plasma Missile is less effective than the Scatter Laser against infantry.

I hope that helps.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente