News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 list for casual game  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
1500 list for casual game
« on: March 2, 2015, 07:52:46 AM »
Well hello every one I'm showing here today to speak about a list I'm trying to put together.

I just bought a falcon a viper and a razorwing (ebay bundle yeah !) i intend to use those well viper as viper, razorwing as crimson hunter for now (may be as a razor wing if i someday transform my eldar host into corsair host), and the falcon as a wave serpent, cause i don't have one yet so I'm trying to get one in my list. And as i have a rather proxy friendly player base around me i think i can pull this off.
So we are going with a 1500 point base but this is subject to change.

I would like to try optimise this list against blood angels for now as it the opponent I am most likely going to face.

So there we go :

HQ :
1 x Farseer
   Singing spear, Runes of warding,
1 x Autarch
   Mandiblaster, Warp jump generator, Fusion gun, Scorpion chainsword
2 x Warlock
   Singing spear x 1
   Witch blades x 1

Troops :
1 x Guardian squad
   11 guardians
 Wave Serpent (falcon proxy) scatter, holo, shurican
1 x Guardian squad
   20 guardians
      2 x Weapon plateform, scatter, starcannon (subject to change here i was not sure).

Fast Attack :
1 x Crimson hunter
   Exarch, Bright lance.
1 x Warp spider squad
   8 Warp spider
   1 Exarch, Fast shot, Spinneret Rifle

Heavy Support :
1 x Fire prism
   Shurican, holo field.
1 x Dark reaper Squad
   4 reaper with starshot
   1 Exarch with reaper launcher and starshot. ( I have no dedicated model yet so tell me what weapon would generally be the best for this guy so that i can try to convert one :D )

The total of this come for a perfect 1500 points.
I do believe that for the objective secured thing you need one HQ and 2 troops which is done, and as far as i know but i may be miss guided adding one other HQ choice does not make it an unbound list, even if you don't had 2 more troops choice.

So to say to you i have some extra model right and left :
One or 2 guardians, one warlock witchblade, one farseer witchblade, 2 viper, one Avatar ( as far as i love the avatar for this game I'm preferring the autarch, for the crimson hunter and the extra punch in the warp spider squad ), one wraithlord, one extra warp spider exarch, 6 swooping hawk no exarch in here well i can proxy one if needed though, 6 banshee (but do i really need to say i have them ?), and one extra reaper. I think thats all i have.

So let me explain the train of though behind this list.

I'm going to be facing against blood angel, probably since that's a friend of mine. I know he have one of those nasty flyers that do transport, here is why the crimson hunter + it will give me some extra needed Punch against heavy tank ( landraider crusader etc.)

The first guardian squad will be joined by a warlock and will try to zip across the field graping point and if I'm lucky enough casting some good spell on the enemy. The second guardian squad however is here to sit in the back a bit, advancing slowly, tyring to give support fire where needed, and if they can get some catapult shot in that would be gorgeous. Before get charged that is. They would be joined by the last warlock and probably the farseer, don't know yet if he should be here or with the reaper.

I hope to be able to get my autarch with the warp spider to try to get some damage in his back line, light tank hunting and/or warlord hunting.

Reaper and fire prism doing suppport fire right and left. I know he have some termi so I'm looking to take them out with a combo or reaper  + the spoil spell from warlock. But that's heavily reliant into me being able to get that spell and then being able to cast it on the right target >< .

An other thing i like random fluff things out the blue that's why you will be able to find an exarch in every unit i am fielding, don't try to take them out i won't do it. The point of a game is to have fun and having this Guy's here make it more fun for me. I'm quite the idiot I know but that's who i am ^^ .

There you go please guide me.

The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: 1500 list for casual game
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2015, 09:46:22 AM »
Looks good to me. Only thing I might suggest is splitting the large squad of Guardians into two 10-man squads for the extra scoring and targeting options. The weapon is really up to you, however I prefer bright lances, or even the higher priced Eldar Missile Launcher so that they can sit back and shoot vehicles until they need to move up (if needed) later in the game.

I also suggest taking the heavy weapon even on the serpent bound squad.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2015, 07:16:48 AM by Partninja »

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2015, 11:04:13 AM »
the reason i did not take one on the serpent unit is because i don't enought plateform >< only two model.

ok for the second squad tho i will see what the other think of that but i'm starting to think you are aboslutly right on that one. that way i can have one with the warlock and have the farseer in the other :) thank for the tips

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline volatilegaz

• Aspect Warrior
  • I'm dead inside.
  • Armies: Eldar, Just starting Necrons
« Reply #3 on: March 3, 2015, 02:58:22 AM »
I also suggest taking the heavy weapon even on the serpent bound squad. Remember, it can be fired on the move so a scatter laser works really well here, twin-linking their catapult fire.

I'm AFB, but pretty sure scatter lasers only twinlink other weapons on the model, not the whole unit
The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: March 3, 2015, 07:22:21 AM »
You're absolutely right....I've been out of the game for a while and completely forgot.

Offline davethemadorc

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: March 3, 2015, 10:43:38 AM »
the only major flaw - not that your list is overly vicious - is the witch-blades. back in 2nd ed. codex witch-spears were defined as 2h - they no longer are, so for xpts you get the same number of attacks - and the decent anti-tank stx  - well worth it ! [they can still be chucked 12"]

Edited for points value (posting upgrade/weapon costs isn't allowed by GW), and other stats - Iris.
« Last Edit: March 3, 2015, 10:48:44 AM by Irisado »

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #6 on: March 3, 2015, 12:15:55 PM »
Huuuuum intresting  the way you say it my list is vicious, may i know where you find it vicious? I tried to build it with the model i had to make something effective against a bit of everything. But i did not expected you to find it vicious. :/ that's defenetly not the aim as i'm playing vs a friend, i don't want to lose but that does not make me wanting to win at all cost, does this list sound like this?

Ok for the warlock i will see in my mind if I want to play them singing spear, if so do you think i should shove the extra point in the shurican for the prisme or take one guardian out of the guardian squad of 11 and adk my friend for a rise of the point limit to 1501?

That still leaves the question of weapon plateform un settled, should i go double bl to have some extra punch vs tank? should i go starcannon to have some extra punch vs big dude from a bit further away than the bl? Or should i go for scatter in ordrr to have more things fired at the enemy, + if i get the armor save reduction for the power of a warlock i could just destroy base marines with a scatter...

I don't know... what do you guy's think?

Offline davethemadorc

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: March 4, 2015, 06:31:37 AM »
sorry - i did say your list "isnt overly vicious" - ie its not to WAAC at 1500pts - and will be fun to play for both sides.

i really wouldnt rely on ANY warlock powers - you could use one of the models as  a spirit seer - they have much more 'depth' !
{the real benefit of warlocks is the extra warp charge points they allow you to use for a three or four spell farseer}

obviously you want to use the lovely fighter model - but its a bit points heavy at 1500 - so keep it basic - and watch out for anti-air or you will be forced to jink - the 'DE flyers at least have IV5+ -

and if you are popping your warp-tarch  into the spiderz - i really would just give him a death spinner - the fusion gun sounds great but its mixing up the roles and as long as you are lucky a decent size squad of spiderz will always get a reasonable amount of AP2 - which is all you need v even heavy infantry

even with the figures youve got  - an 'extra' detachment of a spirit-seer and a 10 man guardian unit will let you squeeze an extra hq in without being too cheesy !

if you go fire prism as your tank then id go scatlaz on your other weapons mounts, if you go night-spinner - then i think id get as many more lances in there as you can just to threaten A13+ - or to get ID when you need it !

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #8 on: March 5, 2015, 08:51:32 AM »
So ... regarding the spirit seer they sure are better than warlock in many way maybe because they can get 3 power if you go for psychic focus yet i have a hard time including one fluff wise as i don't have any wraith dude in my list. but for sure that's something i would probably think to pick up at some point.

well my fighter.. i know i'm not good with dice so i will keep it as an exarch aswell would garanti more hit.
same reason for the fusion gun on the  and i believe it might actually scare my oponnent a bit and take the focus on the warptarch and the spyder rather than the other things.

i'm going fire prism i love the idea of adaptable shot. So i'm gonna go scatter everywhere else.  i just hope i won't have to hard time dealling with tank if my hunter is down. that's also why i would like to keep the fusion gun, some kind of safety net if i may say.

so  the new list might be something like this

HQ :
1 x Farseer
   Singing spear
1 x Autarch
   Mandiblaster, Warp jump generator, Fusion gun, Scorpion chainsword
2 x Warlock
   Singing spear x 2

Troops :
1 x Guardian squad
   11 guardians
 Wave Serpent (falcon proxy) scatter, holo, shurican
1 x Guardian squad
   10 guardians
      1 x Weapon plateform, scatter
1 x Guardian squad
   10 guardians
      1 x Weapon plateform, scatter

Fast Attack :
1 x Crimson hunter
   Exarch, Bright lance.
1 x Warp spider squad
   8 Warp spider
   1 Exarch, Fast shot, Spinneret Rifle

Heavy Support :
1 x Fire prism
   Shurican, holo field.
1 x Dark reaper Squad
   4 reaper with starshot
   1 Exarch with reaper launcher and starshot.

that leave me with 1495 points, therefore i have 5 extra point to toy with
th only real change in this is the  warlock singing spear for the rune of warding of the seer.

I was wondering does having warlock and farseer in different detachement make the farseer unable to use the warp charge from the warlock ?

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2015, 09:04:58 AM »
Banshee mask on your Autarch instead of the mandiblasters. It will help the squad out a lot if they need to assault.

Offline davethemadorc

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #10 on: March 5, 2015, 09:07:54 AM »
warp charge points all go in a pool. your farseer will get far better powers and can risk 3 or 4 dice on a casting.
imo . most of the time warlock dice are just bonus dice for your warp charge pool .

and i know you are restricted for figures - but your autarch might be better on a bike than with the spider pack - its the same points and improves his toughness

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #11 on: March 7, 2015, 09:48:20 AM »
ok for the jetbikes, i might do something like this once i get a few jetbikes in the armie wich is not for now that's for sure.

I agree with the banshee mask suggestion but i don't have the model like this so just for look reason i will keep it like this for this game.

I will keep in mind the warp charge pool ty for the info.

everything will be remembered but i'm going to be sturnborn and keep the list as it is right know. i will keep you udated on how it work  ;D