News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 'Nids screwed out of EoT!!!!!  (Read 1679 times)

Offline LukeMilk

• I am the stomach of the devourer of worlds.
'Nids screwed out of EoT!!!!!
« on: June 20, 2003, 02:46:48 AM »
The Tyraninds, the race that has served my malicious, blood tristy mind for over a year, have been screwed out of the first major 40k event I am to take part in! :o WE CAN'T FIGHT IN HALF OF THE WARZONES!! And I can see no reason. Certainly NOT fluff. Thier excuse is we can't approce the system because of increased security. What kind of crap is that? We come out of nowhere and then we surround the planet with warp storms and disturbances and stuff so no one gets in or out. WE CAN'T DEAL WITH INCREASED SECURITY? What about orks? They don't get penalized. Thier spaceships are practically glued together. WE'DE better be getting some killer fluff (Like perhaps about our origins or something, have you ever noticed there's no fluff?) or somebody's going to get cut. Meh. It's sad, maybe well get some cool stuff in the proccess of the campaign... Your thoughts on this atrocity people?

P.S. Because of this, Ive joined the forces of Slaanesh ;D.
By the way, I'd suggest you help Chaos in their efforts because a dead Imperium means lots of brains..... mmmm, mmm.... And when revolt breaks out on planets because of chaos, and planetary defences are weakened to quell infighting, you guys can come on in and mop up the lot of them.
I'm not going to let you walk all over me like this! ... the pavers aren't finished.

Offline Arzetch

• "Fear the Stone Crawler"
Re:'Nids screwed out of EoT!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2003, 03:29:26 AM »
it make perfectly sense that we can't attack the major systems or the webway. tyranid lack warp drive which mean that we cant just sneak up into a system. we have to take the long way. and that will be trough the most of the imperial worlds, through all armies in the campaing and so on.

orks on the other hand has warp drive (their space hulks)
and since they are allies with chaos, abbadon gave them guns, their fleets don't need to wory about chaos armies.

and nids has always (exepte for ultramarines and iyanden) attackted isolated planets cuase of the lack of defence.

a hive fleet is quite big and I don't think it can just march right trough the imperial defence fleets and so to attack cadia.

but I admit that we have been pretty screwd on this. but after all we are tyranids who come from another galaxy...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 03:33:54 AM by Arzetch »

Offline TheHiveMind

• The Giant Jelly Sandwich
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2003, 10:19:29 AM »
Don't complain - whatever happens in this campaign the nids will be stronger for it - the imperium is going to lose men giving the nids an easier time (fluffwise anyway) I wouldn't be surprised if the Nids were a far more potent force in 4th edition...

Offline LukeMilk

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2003, 11:50:23 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if the Nids were a far more potent force in 4th edition...

I don't really care about that, I like them the way they are. But I don't like that we can't fight in half the zones (all the good ones). And lack of warp drive still doesn't convince me. Besides if a chaos fleet saw a far away tyranid fleet hi-tailing it to cadia, would they really bother them? I mean a hoard of tyranids is sure imperial disorder, and we are after all, The Forces of Disorder. It would be a waste of resources (boltgun shots, so on) to attack thier enemy (sortof) that is going to attack thier other, more important enemy (Cadia). Wouldn't Abbadon take all the blood thirsty help he could get? And I know we can't fight in the webway, and that makes perfect sence.

Even with such fluff that you posted Arzetch, GW could have let us fight anywhere(not webway of course) and no player would be howling "Wait a minute I can't be overrun by bugs! My "Increased security is too great". Get away from me, I fight chaos." ::)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2003, 11:53:25 AM by LukeMilk »
I'm not going to let you walk all over me like this! ... the pavers aren't finished.

Offline Hivemind

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2003, 12:31:18 PM »
I'm wondering if this isn't a way to plug BFG.  Who knows, maybe with sufficient BFG successes the 'security' of those systems will be lowered to the point where we could attack.  

It does make some sense though.  Think of it this way, without a hivefleet to support it this is the likely result of a Tyranid incursion on a heavily defended planet.

"The 3rd company that we sent to investigate that meteor fall two hours ago has not returned."
"Hmm, could be Tyranids... Send the 43rd and 22nd infantry battallions supported by the 422nd armored company to investigate"

Another budding Tyranid colony destroyed.   :'(
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.

Offline The Hive Custodian (Retired)

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
  • Perfection Within; Perfection Without
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 01:01:53 PM »
Maybe they're afraid of our #1 ranking in Chapter Approved I: we won 54.4% of our games!

Seriously, though... I'm kinda pissed about this, too. Still, I'll do what I can, where I can. Either that, or create a secondary account under my imaginary brother's name...

Unfortunately, nobody I know plays BFG or =][=. Perhaps if we capture enough sectors, GW will let us in...
Calculus is an art, but algebra is attrition.

Offline Jester

• The Mouthy One
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Life is a bet at horrible odds.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2003, 06:51:35 PM »
nids lose out because Chaos is being pushed right now *Shrugs* if it was nids being pushed right now, we'd be fighitng everywhere, and some other poor race would be getting screwed. *Srhugs*

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2003, 05:33:22 PM »
you know what you can do? pick on the tau, their weenie empire is ripe for the pickings!
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline LukeMilk

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2003, 10:02:14 PM »
BAH! TAU! Not worth my planetary digestive enzimes....
The humans taste better....

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2003, 12:45:16 AM »
Tau should be a target of opportunity. Don't seek them out, but if you play them, by all means report the battle.

You can now change your army and commander name and so on.

Offline LukeMilk

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2003, 04:40:52 PM »
You can now change your army and commander name and so on.

Eh? You mean on the Eot website?

Offline Dark Exodus

« Reply #11 on: July 5, 2003, 10:44:34 AM »
What good would that be too a tyranid ;)

Offline HellCrY

• "My arrogance is matched only by my firepower"
« Reply #12 on: July 7, 2003, 09:44:20 PM »
lol u think nids get screwed out? tau can fight in ONE area. nids at least can participate....

Offline LukeMilk

« Reply #13 on: July 8, 2003, 10:29:29 PM »
Again I must re-itterate, BAH TAU!
GW has a good, fluffy excuse for the TAU. Not like we. Besides, with Tau having thier own zone, thier the star of thier own show, we're just chewing on the leftovers of the big picture.

Offline Azazel

• 666+1337=2003
    • Blogger.
« Reply #14 on: July 9, 2003, 04:45:37 PM »
I agree with you guys...
I've already gotten two victories (out of 2 games), but I can't even register on the darned site! :P
They say you are put on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now, I'm so far behind I'll never die.

• Primojanitor Paragon
  • Ancient
« Reply #15 on: July 9, 2003, 09:02:16 PM »
lol u think nids get screwed out? tau can fight in ONE area. nids at least can participate....

At least you're winning.