News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: !500 - where do I put my Primes  (Read 1106 times)

Offline bebe

• In Canada no one hears you scream
!500 - where do I put my Primes
« on: January 6, 2012, 07:53:01 PM »

So I just picked up some Nids in trade and can easily make this list - disclaimer if costed wrong ...

+++Prime Time Nids+++

Tyranid Prime 105
- Lashwhip and Bonesword
- Deathspitter
- Regeneration

Tyranid Prime 105
- Lashwhip and Bonesword
- Deathspitter
- Regeneration

2 Venomthrope 110

3 Warrior Brood 160
- Dual Boneswords (3)
- Deathspitters (2)
- Venom Cannon

3 Warrior Brood 160
- Dual Boneswords (3)
- Deathspitters (2)
- Venom Cannon

10 Genestealers 170
- Toxin Sacs

6 Genestealers 150
- Adrenal Glands
- Broodlord, Scytals

20 Hormagants 160
- Toxin Sacs

1 Carnifex 190
- Dual TL Devourers

1 Carnifex 190
- Dual TL Devourers

I like the look of it but have not played anything like it in awhile. Would you put the primes with the crnifexen or with the warriors or with the venomthropes? At 1750 I plan on adding in two more venomthropes and another squad of stealers.
Big man, Pig man, Ha ha, charade you are

You well heeled big wheel, Ha ha, charade you are

Offline Pipipo

Re: !500 - where do I put my Primes
« Reply #1 on: January 7, 2012, 06:01:19 AM »
How fast do you want your primes and warriors to get into get to combat? If you're going to be adding deathspitters and venom cannons and losing the extra scything talons they may fall prey to being jack of all trades, master of none. They will of course throw out extra firepower but without running they will be attracting more firepower in later turns when unengaged in combat.

The warriors will need the primes to avoid insta-death from strength 8 and 9 weaponry as well as benefitting from the improved BS and WS. However, venomthropes would benefit from the same anti-insta-death cover from the prime. Have you thought about making the warriors into a brood of four or five and having one prime in with them and one prime in with three venomthropes. This will also allow you an extra elites slot (Ymgarl stealers and hive guard?)