News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000 points themed Armour.  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
  • Greased and good to go.
1000 points themed Armour.
« on: January 29, 2008, 01:58:48 PM »
This is the flood of vehicles and walkers that are hastily deployed from the Corpse Titan, a corrupted Battle Barge/hulk that crashlands on a planet, sprouts enormous ectoplasmic legs and walks around firing lance weapons in support of foot troops:

Demon Princess 'Annalisa' with MoS, wings and Lash of Submission: 155

Dread with extra CCW: 100
Dread with extra CCW: 100

5 CSM with Rhino :110
5 CSM with Rhino :110

Vindicator with Daemonic Possession: 145
Vindicator with Daemonic Possession: 145
Defiler with 2 extra CCW: 150

Total: 1015

Going for a tank-heavy, possessed-heavy list.
DP bunches things up for pie plates and the ever so choppy CC Defiler.
Coffins roll forward, protecting the weak side armour of the Vindicators and getting in the way of lascannons. The CSMs are only there for show really.
DP flies around and makes a nuisance of itself, the Dreads do their deathless march thing and eventually get into combat.

Dropping the Wings on the DP would bring me under 1000, but dropping both Dreads would allow me to pump up those CSM squads, but would mean less armour on the table. Making the DP a Sorceror brings me to 1005, but loses me a significant presence on the table.

Hmm. I really like this list, it's cheesy, it's fluffy, it'd be great fun to play with.
Can a few Chaos vets advise on the composition of it and my points problem?
I like what you're doing, but none the less... It's pretty freakin' messed up. Which is cool. Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin' messed up.
Lol.

Offline YuenglingDragon

• Lazerous Penguin
  • I'm a beer dragon!
Re: 1000 points themed Armour.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2008, 02:33:41 PM »
I'd drop one Dread for an extra Marine in each squad and some weapons/champions for them.
Proposition beslubber wins by a landslide!  I'm the 2008 Space Marine poster of the year.

Don't listen to the drunk dragon...

Offline Sanctjud

• No one cares about Sanctjud's post count | Infinity Circuit
  • Absolute Chaos and SOLAR PUPPY
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2008, 04:54:53 PM »
IMO, drop both dreads, the points saved, put it in the infantry... it's a more lethal unit.

Other than that... watch your side armor and you are good to go...

Preferably... Lash Prince is a little much at the 1000 point level...

I'd settle for a DP with MoN or MoT to add an additional 'tough' target for the opponents anti-tank weapons.

My 7 Cents.
If you meet a bear named Sanctjud in the tavern, don't get into his van for candy.  I did once....it's sticky, salty, and really not very nice. :(
Raptor Jesus will get you Tangi... oh he will.

Offline Osvossk

• Let them eat Chaos!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 04:58:42 PM »
Well as long as you're just playing for fun, I doubt anyone would care about the extra 15 points. The thing I spot is what are you gonna do for game types that require you to capture table quarters or markers or whatever? it only takes one immobilized roll to make a vehicle unable to capture something. I personally don't like lash. I think you might wanna swap that out for Gift of Chaos so you can do some spawn sniping on anything that can hurt your fairly short ranged vehicles from a distance.
Kills: 1 Solar Macharius, 6 Ratlings, 2 Sentinels, 1 Chimera, 2 Leman Russes, 1 Leman Russ Demolisher, 60 Guardsmen, 20 Storm Troopers, 5 Ogryn, 40 Conscripts, 3 Officers & bodyguards, 1 Priest, 1 Commissar, 8 Rough Riders

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 05:25:49 PM »
So 6 CSM with a melta in each squad, and either a combi melta or a havoc launcher on both Rhinos? Probably combi meltas. Though havoc launchers make Rhinos look far more dangerous than they really are, drawing fire away from the important stuff.
That leaves me with enough points for a heavy flamer on the one dread.

IMO, drop both dreads, the points saved, put it in the infantry... it's a more lethal unit.
Ahh... but I really love Dreads! Would 5 marines, 3 meltas (one a combi-weapon on a AC) and 2 Champions with powerfists really make up for the loss of 2 Dreads? You lose the impact of so much armour on the table for two almost-whole squads.
I like the symmetry of 2 dreads, but how will the 2 Rhino squads fare on the table?

It only takes one immobilized roll to make a vehicle unable to capture something
Something else will pick up quarters, like a Rhino full of marines, a Dread or the DP. As long as they aren't dead...

I'll put some thought into Gift, and drop a melta if I do use a revised list like the one suggested by Sancjud to keep under 1000 points.

Thank you, Chaos boards!
*goes to snort cocaine off a toddler while playing DDR. ALL GLORY TO SLAANESH!!*
I like what you're doing, but none the less... It's pretty freakin' messed up. Which is cool. Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin' messed up.
Lol.

Offline rightfire

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2008, 05:47:49 PM »
Cheese only exists in the eyes of the beholder.

No one else have the right to tell you what you put in your army.

If you're spending money assembling models, painting them, then you have the right to put whatever you want in your army. Simply ignore all cries of cheese.

Lash is essential to this army list because it's the best way to bunch things up for vindicator to destroy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My advise is to put a second lash prince into your army.

One lash is too few to gaureentee you bunch up enough enemy squads. Having a second lash allows you to pull 2 squads out of cover, and bunch them together for the vindicators to destroy.

You can get the points for the second lash prince by dropping one dreadnaught, the reason is that dreadnaughts don't shoot pie plates, and you want plenty of pie plates to take advantage of bunched up units.

Consider putting a flamer or a melta gun in those 5 men squads so they can threaten hordes or AV 14. Having a 5 men suicide melta squad is more useful than 5 men squad without any special weapons.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you have fought over 1000 battles, all you see is death

- Dawn of War

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008, 03:34:29 PM »
2 Lash Demon Princes are just cruel, particularly with this list and at 1000 points.
I might consider putting in a Sorceror with some manner of wings/jetpack and lash, as it would be incredibly fluffly not to mention slightly less power gamey..

e and Annalisa together, having just deployed from the Corpse Titan... It's nice.
But it means I have to drop a few Marines and meltas.

Can someone tell me what will do the more damage on the table?
2 Dreads with extra CCW OR a 8 man CSM squad in a Rhino, with an AC with a fist, a combi-melta and a melta in the squad. Another squad of 7, AC with a fist, a combi-melta and a melta in the squad. I could drop the combi-melta for another Marine.

Thanks.
Lol.

Offline tzeentchling

• Infinity Circuit
  • Cthulhu for Pres! Why vote for the lesser evil?
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2008, 04:21:09 PM »
I'd be willing to bet on the Marines.  They can handle units better on the whole, and can't be destroyed in one shot.  Plus, the 3-4 powerfist attacks from the champion are just as good as the 3-4 attacks from the dreadnought for most cases.  They're also a lot more mobile.  Here, the two dreads might be okay, though, but I do worry about them, and especially about model count.
"Every intelligent person, as you know, dreams of being a gangster and of ruling over society by force alone" - Albert Camus

My eldar record in 5th Edition: 3W-1D-1L (12/6/08)

Tactical Guide to CSM: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=148628.0