News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1000p Vanilla vs mobile orks  (Read 485 times)

Offline spiny echidna

• "It might be the beer talking, but I love beer."
1000p Vanilla vs mobile orks
« on: July 14, 2011, 03:06:33 AM »
HQ: Chaplin w/jump pack
TROOP:(10) Scout w/SR, ML
TROOP:(5) Tactical w/Razorback
TROOP:(5) Tactical w/Razorback
FAST: (10) Assault Squad w/PF, 2 Flamer
ELITE: Dreadnought w/ 2 TL Autocannon
HEAVY: Vindicator
1000p even

3 Scoring units, 7 Kill Points

Fighting an apponent that uses very mobile ork force. Probably 3 or 4 12Boy squads with Nob (power claw, boss pole) in Trukks, maybe a bike squad, 19 grotts, probably burners in Wagon, war buggies or bike copter things, either warboss with bikes or Big Mech with burners...

Basic plan is to keep razorbacks and Vindi moving 12" all the time to avoid his powerclaws tearing them to pieces and to shoot up as much as possible. Dread pops trukks, Scouts shoot up and try to break 12Boy squads from as far away as possible. Chaplain and assault squad jump around cutting up anything out of a vehicle.

Thoughts?
Before you criticize someone you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them you are a mile away and you have their shoes.

Offline Explosivo111

• So what if my marines like gentle spanking?
Re: 1000p Vanilla vs mobile orks
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 02:34:49 PM »
Hi there, i play extremely mobile orks on a regular basis so i can offer a few tips ive learned :)

1st off drop the assault squad and chaplain, if your aiming to shoot his army to death these are the wrong way to go, i use 3 attack bikes with multimeltas as my fast attack so i can pop any transports ASAP.
Instead of the chaplain id take a librarian with GoI so you can keep a squad out the way of any encroaching ork units
The vindicator and dreadnought are absolutely perfect and will serve you well :)

Ive never used five man tacticals, so i cant really comment, but it seems to me like your wasting the chance to have the special weapons seeing as your taking 10 marines anyway.

Overall though a pretty solid ork killing list, i may just be being overly picky :P
Just my thoughts
Explosivo111

Offline Azash76

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 1000p Vanilla vs mobile orks
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 07:04:32 PM »
Try replacing the Vindicator with a Whirlwind. Orks thrive on cover saves whirlwinds ignore it and they don't need line of site and they have range over the vindicator.

Against anyone less than marine quality a whirlwind is a thing to be feared. Against Ork's with there 6+ sv and a large template that is St 4 AP 5 ignores cover it's a game changer.

Use your melta's to open up the can's of green goodness and the Whirlwind to pancake them.

I two would go with 10 man squads in Rhino's I think if your going against orks the versatility of combat squads and a couple of missile launchers will really pull there weight and then some.