News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: worst person you had to play.  (Read 12816 times)

MarzJesterOfDeath

Re:worst person you had to play.
« Reply #100 on: June 15, 2002, 09:14:35 PM »
this person i played against today.  he played sisters really well, but he had no concept of the rules of the game.  he kept arguing over everything i did, be it shooting or assaulting, or movement (ie through rough terrain).  everything.  the man was a clueless jerk.  after an hour, i couldn't take it and forefieted the game.  maybe cost me in the tournament, but i would've snapped soon if i hadn't.

Offline Nurgle

• uhm some random stuff in 'ere
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2002, 12:13:20 PM »
uhm dunno there is this guy well actually there are 2 of em 1 is just to cheap to buy models so ½his army consist of non W-40k models well all his bikers in his raven Wing are just plain plastic dudes riding on hondas or kawasakis armed with uzi's.. geeeez

And his orc's, loads of em have um "defective" body parts (one of em even have 2 freaking weels on him) some ladz even miss body parts, heads arms n stuff.

The worst one he cheats so much and still loses (doesn't matter what game it is, he will cheat and still lose) so i never play him he even claimed that there is no armour save vs Lasgun (not cannon, Lasguns!!), he always does "extra moves" and loves to roll the dice when you look away. >:(

i remember once when i played Epic against him (a long time ago) he hade moved all his stuff and he was in his shooting phase and his tanks failed to take out some big mean thing i hade so he did just -"nah wait i changed my mind i wont go here, my tanks will just go and take cover behind this hill"

but fortunatly we have a guy everyone wants to play with coz he never gets mad and well he "becomes one" with his IG army.  He always plays for fun, always have a new insane strategy heck he even mounted a 1500p IG army with no tanks.  What a massacer when my lord and his incubi got into close combat, but his freaking ratling snipers survived and defeted 10 Wyches!!!!
(it still haunts me)
GWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2002, 12:36:47 PM »
Oh, yes, that "i changed my mind" thing. I once played against someone who decided to move his HQ to somewhere else in my shooting phase, because he "did not see" a certain ravager. As he refused stay where it was and he even did not wait to see whether that ravager maybe misses, i took my models off the table.
I am very tolerant, but that guy was too bad. Before that he tried to shoot my raiders with bolters, and as he did not glance them he said: "Then i have hit models that are transported in it. It is a open topped transporter and i can see them."

nuff said.

jwu
« Last Edit: June 16, 2002, 12:38:02 PM by Archon Astaroth »

Offline Lokithwé Reialdar

« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2002, 01:33:56 PM »
I've faced alot of terrible people.

The first 'bad' play expeience I had was at a Warhammer tournement, back in the days of 5th Edition. In my first game, I ended up against a Khonate Deamon army. Now, I was fairly new to the hobby at this time, so under normal cirumstances I would have been a bit edgey to face this army.

Except my opponent was nine years old using an army his daddy had painted for him.

Throughout then entire game, he whined and was a poor sportsman. When my Grail Knights charged his Bloodletters, I asked him, "Ok, what's the WS on you Bloodthirster?"

"Oh, it's 10."

I said the name wrong, so he tried to claim his unit had WS 10. The game contiuned like this for 4 turns until it bacame a total mosh pit. Finally, I got my chance, and cast the old High Magic Spell, "Banishment" Naturally, he was very unhappy, as this little move took out most of his army, costing him the game.

He started to bawl, and his father came over asking me to throw the game and let him win. When I refused, he went to the GM to petetion this. Nothing doing, I'd won. I went on to win second place over all. The kid went on to get kicked out of the tournement after he pulled the same stunt on another person.

Then, there is my friend, who is the only 40k player I really have games with often. He plays Vanilla Marines, and constantly is trying to bend the rules. He crys "Cheese" constantly, even though he has tried to shoot a lascannon on a Landspeeder through a 1 cm wide window (that had was 2 feet away from) at a Vyper that had moved 12" in the last turn. I can't stand him. Not only does he question EVERY RULE, resulting in huge arguements in the middle of the game, when I show him my models, he looks for the tinest flaw, that one little splosh that is in the least visible part of the model. Meanwhile, he primes his marines in black and gives them one layer of white paint on certian parts, and leaves his bases black, yet he still believes his painting is superior to mine.
rain on my frustration stake my claim now break this wash me down my station makes more rain forsaken in between the sky and every piece of the earth running through the mud I got a feeling of worth

Offline Arcas

• Aksho Tzeeneth Phaos
  • Ancient
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2002, 02:33:34 PM »
I watched a game where a space marine player claimed that grotz could not block access points because they are grots. The other player had no nuts and wanted to accept it, but i told this guy that it doesn't matter whether they are dreadnoughts or grotz. They simply wait in front of that door and throw a grenade into the vehicle once it is opened, the size of the blocker does not matter (fluffy explaination). He still refused, then i told him, hey man, this is third edition 40k, we do not simulate everything anymore for some good reasons. The game would become somewhat too complex if you get a list with which special rules every unit of the game can use and which not.

jwu

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
    • Lord of the Universe's Website
« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2002, 10:10:58 PM »
/ooc By request of Archon_Astaroth, I am going to share my stories of the "First Earth Batallion".

OK, this is the second worst guy I have had to play against.  The first thing I don't like about him is what he named his army, the "First Earth Batallion".  He says that they were the very first Imperial Guard to serve the emperor, and blah blah blah.  Now, at least he has fluff for his army, but creating an army that says it is the very first of something is about as bad as doing the lost 2nd and 13th (?) space marine legions.

Next his army practically has the maximum amount of heavy weapons possible.  He takes minimum platoons just to get full heavy weapons squads.  Now I do not know the rules for IG, but he has 15 pairs of guys with Heavy Mortars in the average 2000 point game.  He also has 5 tanks, 2 of which are Basilisks which sit opposite of each other on the board.  He is a nice guy, but when you play against him he is an abomination.  He complains about someone accidently moving a single model in a 20 guy squad a tenth of an inch over 6".  His army doesn't move whatsoever.  He sits there using S10 ordnance and 15 S8 ordnance all game long.  He is also like the BA guy I mentioned earlier.  He claims that IG gets all these upgrades that he has never proven.  He says that all his tanks have "Siege Armor" which improved their AV by 2, and for whatever reason all his tanks have a front armor of 16 and side armor of 14 and rear armor of 12 because of this.  It, of course, all still looks like AV 12 to an Eldar player, but it still sounds ridiculous.  He says that the Lasguns all have an upgrade which makes them S4 AP5 Rng 24" Assault 2, and can shoot an Executioner round (like the Arbites) which is S5 AP4 Rng 30" Assault 1 and can reroll misses.  He also says that there was a CA that states that guardsman can roll a d6 and on a roll of 4+ they get "heroism" and can detach off and become Independant characters.  He also makes up all these lame stories like, "one time I was playing and my guys fell back and my comissar shot and killed every one of them," or "one time I was playing against Space Marines and I tried Heroism with all my guys and they all made it so I spread them out so none of them could be shot at cause they were within 12" of each other (he thinks the range for ICs to not be shot is 12") and then by 3 S10 ordnance guns I can't remember their name blew up his 10 Force Commanders and then the SM player said they get a 1+ invul save from chapter approved that can't be ignored and only way to fail it is by rolling a 0.  Then I called tournament guys over and they cut off his head."   >:(  Here's another one, "One time I was playing at the GW headquarters and I was playing against a new race they were making and they told me not to tell anyone and his E'Kib guys had a 8+ invul save and I said why and they said cause they are making it so that you roll 6d6 for armor saves, 5d6 for invul saves, 2d6+10 for cover saves, and 10d6 for ultimate saves which are only for E'Kib guys.  So I said no and they said look at the codex and I said o.  so then I blew everything they had up with orbital ordnance a new rule that they are testing for IG where you pay 500 points and if you roll a 6 on turn 3 at the end of the turn then you win.  So then they said wow you are the best player in the world we tried making the cheeziest army possible and your perfectly painted and composed and non-cheezy at all army list beat us.  Then they gave me this award (then he pulls out a slip of paper that says Best player in the world from andy chambers).  So then they ask me to paint something for them and I say ok and they tell me to paint all the models in the workshop really good in 5 minutes so I say okay and paint them all in 4.  So then they say wow and give me a free white dwarf and say go home now we are jealous and wish we were as good as you"

>:(  >:(  >:(
"The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal."

Offline NapalmXZero

• Here they come....
« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2002, 10:18:18 PM »
Well, we know he wont be getting many composition points now will he?
The history of Evolution is that Life escapes all Barriers. Life breaks free. Life expands to new Territories. Painfully, perhaps even Dangerously. But life finds a way.
-Ian Malcom -Jurassic Park

Offline EldarLictor

• And that's when I finally got sick of razor burn..
« Reply #107 on: June 16, 2002, 10:58:29 PM »
Well, it looks like you ave beaten my story of the 12 year old who could not stop bouncing up an dow up and down and said that there is a special rule that none of my orks can charge into hand to hand. they have to shoot. ::)
Did you know that cats purred when you were young?
-I didn't.
I did know that Cats says "All your base are belong to us." however.
All your base are belong to us

Offline Rliyen

• That blows righteous Mon-Keigh chunks under Heaven
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2002, 10:30:03 AM »

/ooc By request of Archon_Astaroth, I am going to share my stories of the "First Earth Batallion".

OK, this is the second worst guy I have had to play against.  The first thing I don't like about him is what he named his army, the "First Earth Batallion".  He says that they were the very first Imperial Guard to serve the emperor, and blah blah blah.  Now, at least he has fluff for his army, but creating an army that says it is the very first of something is about as bad as doing the lost 2nd and 13th (?) space marine legions.

Next his army practically has the maximum amount of heavy weapons possible.  He takes minimum platoons just to get full heavy weapons squads.  Now I do not know the rules for IG, but he has 15 pairs of guys with Heavy Mortars in the average 2000 point game.  He also has 5 tanks, 2 of which are Basilisks which sit opposite of each other on the board.  He is a nice guy, but when you play against him he is an abomination.  He complains about someone accidently moving a single model in a 20 guy squad a tenth of an inch over 6".  His army doesn't move whatsoever.  He sits there using S10 ordnance and 15 S8 ordnance all game long.  He is also like the BA guy I mentioned earlier.  He claims that IG gets all these upgrades that he has never proven.  He says that all his tanks have "Siege Armor" which improved their AV by 2, and for whatever reason all his tanks have a front armor of 16 and side armor of 14 and rear armor of 12 because of this.  It, of course, all still looks like AV 12 to an Eldar player, but it still sounds ridiculous.  He says that the Lasguns all have an upgrade which makes them S4 AP5 Rng 24" Assault 2, and can shoot an Executioner round (like the Arbites) which is S5 AP4 Rng 30" Assault 1 and can reroll misses.  He also says that there was a CA that states that guardsman can roll a d6 and on a roll of 4+ they get "heroism" and can detach off and become Independant characters.  He also makes up all these lame stories like, "one time I was playing and my guys fell back and my comissar shot and killed every one of them," or "one time I was playing against Space Marines and I tried Heroism with all my guys and they all made it so I spread them out so none of them could be shot at cause they were within 12" of each other (he thinks the range for ICs to not be shot is 12") and then by 3 S10 ordnance guns I can't remember their name blew up his 10 Force Commanders and then the SM player said they get a 1+ invul save from chapter approved that can't be ignored and only way to fail it is by rolling a 0.  Then I called tournament guys over and they cut off his head."   >:(  Here's another one, "One time I was playing at the GW headquarters and I was playing against a new race they were making and they told me not to tell anyone and his E'Kib guys had a 8+ invul save and I said why and they said cause they are making it so that you roll 6d6 for armor saves, 5d6 for invul saves, 2d6+10 for cover saves, and 10d6 for ultimate saves which are only for E'Kib guys.  So I said no and they said look at the codex and I said o.  so then I blew everything they had up with orbital ordnance a new rule that they are testing for IG where you pay 500 points and if you roll a 6 on turn 3 at the end of the turn then you win.  So then they said wow you are the best player in the world we tried making the cheeziest army possible and your perfectly painted and composed and non-cheezy at all army list beat us.  Then they gave me this award (then he pulls out a slip of paper that says Best player in the world from andy chambers).  So then they ask me to paint something for them and I say ok and they tell me to paint all the models in the workshop really good in 5 minutes so I say okay and paint them all in 4.  So then they say wow and give me a free white dwarf and say go home now we are jealous and wish we were as good as you"

Apparently, this kid (and I stress KID) wasn't held enough as a child to warrant such blatant falsehoods and attention seeking.

Space Marines Are For Pansies.

Real Men play Eldar

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2002, 11:06:43 AM »

I've faced alot of terrible people.

The first 'bad' play expeience I had was at a Warhammer tournement, back in the days of 5th Edition. In my first game, I ended up against a Khonate Deamon army. Now, I was fairly new to the hobby at this time, so under normal cirumstances I would have been a bit edgey to face this army.

Except my opponent was nine years old using an army his daddy had painted for him.

Throughout then entire game, he whined and was a poor sportsman. When my Grail Knights charged his Bloodletters, I asked him, "Ok, what's the WS on you Bloodthirster?"

"Oh, it's 10."

I said the name wrong, so he tried to claim his unit had WS 10. The game contiuned like this for 4 turns until it bacame a total mosh pit. Finally, I got my chance, and cast the old High Magic Spell, "Banishment" Naturally, he was very unhappy, as this little move took out most of his army, costing him the game.

He started to bawl, and his father came over asking me to throw the game and let him win. When I refused, he went to the GM to petetion this. Nothing doing, I'd won. I went on to win second place over all. The kid went on to get kicked out of the tournement after he pulled the same stunt on another person.

for teh record bloodthirsters do have Ws10 in 5th ed.

another story not about gaming but painting:
I had slaved over my nurgle army for months (about 6) using massive amounts of greenstuff sculpting fungus on tanks, marines etc etc etc. The painting wasn't amazing but average. This kid shows up he was 9 or 10, AMAZING black templar army. Daddy painted it for him. I plyed him and he was fine, he knew the rules etc etc. but he won the best painted. that was the thing that pissed me off. Here's me with an army with every model converted that I painted and this little kid wins the best painted with an army daddy did. grrrrrr
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2002, 04:19:14 PM »

Apparently, this kid (and I stress KID) wasn't held enough as a child to warrant such blatant falsehoods and attention seeking.

I dunno how old he is, but I know he is older than me (13).  I don't really mind people calling me a kid but I am sure he would get POed.

Offline CyKo

• Me and my friend..the Harlequin Kiss...
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2002, 02:22:51 AM »
I know this guy...I hate him..he plays marines, and now necrons, just to try to beat me.  Once, I went to his house.  He pulled out a list, and I pulled out a list (I have a book of army lists tucked away in my case)..His min troops, librarian, and dreadnought and whirlwind...I didn't even bother to check his points.  I pull my my list...Vyper, Shining Spears, and generally Saim Hann style with Jetbikes.  I start to whip his @$$, and he's like "I find that incredilbly unfair that you made the list after I made mine...you knew I was going to take a Librarian, so you didn't take a seer..." on and on.  It went on until turn 5, when i wiped him off the board.  So, I was like.."good game" and stuck my hand out....all he did was finger me.  What a ****er!

Ok, another time....everytime I go to my local store to play, I get treated like amphetamine parrot..they never concentrate....I'm 14, and I think I can win against you fairly.  It's not rite..

Now, let's get back to the same guy...he thinks he's all good...I've never lost to the guy, even when I play him with 500pts against 750.  The guy's a sore loser, I don't think other than that battle, he's never actually not use his LR.  It sucks playing him.  I haven't played him again...come to think about it, I haven't played after that game....(and that was like....10 months ago)

Offline wolfsbane21

« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2002, 09:51:29 AM »
A guy that keeps up making up rules that are totally wack and gives the starting players at my store the wrong ideas.
He tries to do this while playing me , but I play according to the rules and then he gets angry and says that I cheat until I take the rule book and show him the rule
"Hold still pretty thing, I want to make your death as artistic as possible." A wych to her craft-world prey in the Arena.

Offline Halberd-Blue

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Long Live C'Nesha
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2002, 01:00:38 PM »
/ooc When I lived near a GW the same misleading beginning players happened.

For example:  He told this one person that Dark Eldar are the easiest army to start with.  He told him to start by buying Codex: CRAFTWORLD ELDAR and then buy a Land Raider.  The person did what he said (he was pretty young, I think probably 9) and his parents bought it for him and then they got soooo POed at him that the kids parents made him pay for the Craftworld Eldar Codex, since the kid ended out playing Space Marines anyway...

Offline Rliyen

• That blows righteous Mon-Keigh chunks under Heaven
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2002, 02:11:55 PM »
C'Nesha, do me a favor...

BEAT THAT RETARDED PERSON WITHIN AN INCH OF HIS LIFE FOR ME.

Thanks!

Seriously, I can't stand it when people confuse new players like that.  It's stupid! Beyond belief!
Space Marines Are For Pansies.

Real Men play Eldar

Offline ender12

• I *Love* EldarOnline!
« Reply #115 on: June 23, 2002, 11:49:37 PM »
I never thought this post would do so well. I love all the stories and I started it just to get the tast of a bad sport of my chest. It feels great getting it out. I have now gotten to the point that I will say no to someone I know I would not have a good time with. here are things that I look for.
1. Under 12
2. People that talkabout how they have never been beat
3. Know it alls
4. Large people that smell
5. Small people that smell
6. People that like the sounds that come out of them see 4 and 5
7. Unpainted armys

on the othere hand here is how to spot someone to play
1. painted army
2. play for the fun of it
3. works on there list before hand
4. all girls
5. people that can  ;D
6. people who put some fluff work into there army
7. girls all of them (we need more girls that play)
8. people that do not smell of kid swet
9. people who do not smell

that's it for now so as we post the worst person you had to play. add what you look for to help us all spot the wronge types

Offline Wargamer

• Codex King, Field Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Guess what I've been doing!
« Reply #116 on: June 24, 2002, 09:04:03 AM »
Threats are always good. You'd be amazed how many times my Eldar opponents have said "Well, I guess I don't need that Wraithlord... I won't take it." when I assure them that, although I'm only deploying one non-ordnance tank, I have a second army list containing tanks with enough ordnance to mop the floor with a Warlord...

Was a General of the Imperial Guard, now more of a freelance Captain sort of thing. Ish. Keeping the rank pins though, they look nice.

EOdex Harlequin Player, now and always.
Death to the fake Harlequins!

"Let's make some mischief!"
-175th Galetonian.

Offline Cptkillerx01

• we are strong,we are many,we are Tau,we shall win!
Re: worst person you had to play.
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2010, 11:43:50 AM »
i feel sorry for all you guys i only ever played 1 stupid player it was tau v orks and he had to have a big rant about my tau AP because he was losing 7 guys per squad all i could respectifully say in return was that he could reconsider his list which i will say was not very good in all respects!, 1 not many viechles he had 2 troop truks which he never even used he just sent them ahead i think to create a screening against me for his guys to run up behind without being shot oviously not a working idea when your opponent (me!) is on a hill! the points was a normal 2000p so  for a shooty army i took some hard hitting units eg crisis teams, hammerhead gunships and a unit of kroot in infiltrate just to be annoying a hold up a  unit for 2-3 turns a good few tau fire warrior squads while he took mainly a warboss the truks and a couple of killer cans and then a hell lot of boy squads with no nobs i am not familiar with new roky lists now because i not used them for 6-7 years so i didnt question i jsut stuck to my list but mainly because i dont like to argue with fellow players because its all about the fun!, anyway i think some people take the hobby just a bit too seriously i love wahammer and will never give it up but dont some people take things a bit too far???? what do u think
warriors of the young
and young of the soul
give to me your lives
for the greater good make them whole
the elemental caste strike you
now you shall bow
enemies before me feel the might of the TAU!!!!

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
Re: worst person you had to play.
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2010, 01:53:16 PM »
The last time this thread had a post in it was 2002, please let the dead rest.

*click*
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...