News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: New Codex: First Impressions  (Read 12090 times)

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: New Codex: First Impressions
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2017, 11:13:55 PM »
Don't appear on mobile ;)

Edit: it seems quotes show the time stamps but not the post itself. It also doesn't show a post was edited (or it's time stamp)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:16:34 PM by Partninja »

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
Re: New Codex: First Impressions
« Reply #61 on: October 24, 2017, 08:48:53 AM »
Okay, just to clarify one final time what GrimSqueaker and I are saying, I believe it should go like this:

1) Issue First Order
2) Order is resolved (so, if you were issued a Bring It Down, you shoot your guns and re-roll certain numbers of to-wound rolls).
3) Second order is issued (if possible).
4) Resolve second order. If you already shot with your first order, you can't shoot again.

Therefore, shooting orders cannot stack. Indeed, I think you're also right that you can't stack a shooting order with a Move Move Move. Therefore, the only order that can be stacked is Get Back in the Fight along with whatever else. Or, I guess if you were playing Vostroyans, you could do a Fix Bayonets and then a Repel the Enemy, though the times you'd want to do this are sufficiently rare that it'll probably never come up.

If you don't want to agree with me, that's fine--you do what you want. I don't really care enough to argue further. I will say, though, that I can't see what "resolve" would mean in this context besides what I've laid out. Conflating "Issue" with "Resolve" makes no sense, as then they wouldn't have FAQed anything in the first place.