News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: River Trolls  (Read 1334 times)

Offline USCGME1

• I Like Eggs
River Trolls
« on: July 4, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
Finally started on my trolls.  Let me know what you think.  Thinking about putting them up in stages if anyone is interested.  Anyway here is the first one painted but not based as yet.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."  -Attributed to George Orwell

Offline Lachdonin

• Warlock
  • Education is no substitute for Intelligence.
Re: River Trolls
« Reply #1 on: July 4, 2011, 04:13:25 PM »
I rather like them (And by them, i mean it). Their darker and more muted than most of the River Trolls i see, more appropriate for a creature that, i imagine, spends most of its time in the mud.
Remember, you can make yourself a Hero, but only others can make you a God.

Offline USCGME1

• I Like Eggs
« Reply #2 on: July 4, 2011, 06:23:58 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I am using them as Chaos Trolls so i wanted them to look more on the troll side then then the river side.
"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."  -Attributed to George Orwell

Offline Ends_Mouth

• By using the steaming piles of their own dead...
« Reply #3 on: July 5, 2011, 06:19:22 AM »
I'm using them as Chaos Trolls too actually. He looks pretty awesome, how did you do his scales?

Offline USCGME1

• I Like Eggs
« Reply #4 on: July 5, 2011, 08:11:12 PM »
Grey primer.  Dark Angel green as base coat almost a wash.  Two coats devlan mud on the scales.  Dry brushed dark flesh over the mud.  Light dry brush bleached bone.  Took me some fiddeling with the first one but, I like the dark flesh.