News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The great paint!  (Read 7780 times)

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
  • Thousands of troops one goal.
  • Armies: IG, DKOK, TAU, SM
Re: The great paint! - DUST!
« Reply #20 on: June 6, 2012, 10:59:10 PM »
Days 13-14 6/6/2012

Last night I managed to get the rest of the GIs with some flesh and some green on them. The DUST figures have a lot of texture and was a pain to paint with a brush so out came the airbrush.

Most of the night was me trying to figure out how to taper a barrel to match the slugger for the hotdog flamer walker. I Originally thought I will just heat a plastic tube with a candle and stretch it like glass.... not a chance in hell. Then heck ill boil it and give it a try nope not hot enough. Finally I went with the dowel rod. And I figure I'll just sand it. Nope, when chucked in the drill it would wobble because I had too much pressure on one side. I finally got 2 files and sandwiched the dowel to taper it.

Today I managed to get my tokens that I printed from work home.

And now they are sitting under some hardening silicone. To be mass produced.

I finally got to give the game a single player walk thru and I will be needing lots of suppressed markers and reaction markers. The casting will be getting worked over well. The object to the right is a wall I have been wanting to cast that will be modular so I can make just about any form of entrenchment. I ran out of silicone for the eagle and fan.

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 07:54:37 PM »
Day 15 6/11/2012

I managed to get my first platoon with some paint on it. At just under 200 points I should be fine with this for a while until everyone else manages to catch up.

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 09:04:57 PM »
Day 14 6/12/2012

Last night I managed to get some more paint on the middle squad. I am trying to put on at least 1 color per squad per day.

I also detailed out the walkers a bit more.

I have to touch up the start on the hotdog's star. I didn't do a good job on it. But I think they are comming along nicely.

Offline crew4man

• I say, would anyone care for a scone?
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 09:52:36 PM »
Those are the strangest sentinels I've ever seen.

At the same time, something about them screams  ATAT, or perhaps War Elephant? Idk, I like them. Charmingly Archaic.
Victory- a delicious recipe of timing, confidence, audacity, intelligence... and having more warm bodies than the other guy.

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 10:40:09 PM »
Its an alternate reality WWII game called Dust Warfare. 
Fantasy Flight Games [Dust Warfare] - Leading publisher of board, card, and Warfare

US walkers are basically Stewart tanks with modified legs to catch up to some alien tech the Germans captured in Antarctica. Its a fun game that I would recommend to anyone.

Day 15 6/13/2012

Tonight I manged to get my 3rd main squad with some color on them and 1 of the spotters painted.

I also manged to get some red on the fuel tank for the hotdog. I didn't want the whole thing to be red but just enough to let people know its full of napalm.

I have also managed to cast plenty of tokens.

*edit* double photo post
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 08:47:36 AM by Lt_PliskinAJ »

Offline Lt_PliskinAJ

• Captain
Re: The great paint!
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2012, 09:34:09 AM »
Yesterday there was not painting as we were busy ordering a 3d printer. There also will be not painting today because I'm going to use the models. More progress should resume sunday.