News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: DA List 1500, Fluffy and not optimized.  (Read 504 times)

Offline Bannok

• Following our Path is what leads us to Victory.
  • Armies: Eldar
DA List 1500, Fluffy and not optimized.
« on: January 4, 2012, 10:36:30 AM »
Hey Guys I wanted thoughts on this list Ive set up my list around Azrael and his Veterans. Or in my Chapters Fluff Azuriath and his Sword Wing. Or something along those lines. Ive converted my Azrael out of Sanguinary guard sword, Astoraths wings. The company master head and backpack and Cato's body.

Looks quite cool and im using sanguinary guard for the rest of his veterans.

Pretty much this list is fluffy and not really optimized. It's built around sticking close to Azrael and making sure he gets where he needs to go. Im not really interested in the "Just take Belial hes SO much better!" Ive played a really horrible 1000 point version of this list against DA and Azrael tore things up.

HQ: 225
Azrael - 225

Elites: 645
Company Veterans - Power Weapon (4) - Power Fist - Chainsword (5) - 285
Terminators - Cyclone Missile Launcher - 235
Dreadnought - Multi-Melta - 125

Troops:
Tactical Squad - Plasma Gun - Chainsword - 105
Razorback - Lascannons - 80

Tactical Squad - Meltagun - Chainsword - 100
Razorback - Lascannons - 80

Heavy: 265
Land Raider Crusader - Extra Armor - 265

I know the tactical squads are only 5 man teams but I really only want to use them as such as It never ends up working the way I want them too when I take 10 man and have to leave the heavy weapons behind.

It's a sub-optimal list. But has actually done somewhat decent so far and with 45 attacks on the charge the veterans have jumped out of the land raider assaulted and wiped out what ever they've needed to. Terminators coming down turn 1 if I need them too can really help.

So thoughts? :P
If a Farseer can truly predict their varied deaths. Would they not simply pick the one that appeals to them the most?