News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: vs triple chaos vindies  (Read 628 times)

Offline dalaran1991

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
vs triple chaos vindies
« on: February 15, 2012, 02:51:40 PM »
So I met a new gamer near my place who plays chaos. After a brief discussion he decided we will have a game and he will try running khorn list with deamon prince and 3 possessed vindies. I didn't know what he meant till I came back and re-read the chaos dex. Demonic possession allow chaos vindis to ignore stun and shaken results with a reduced BS.

Seriously? I once fielded a triple vindies in 1.5k game and they roll over stuff together with my landraider. Now how in the emperor's name am I gonna stop a triple vindies which can not be stunned/shaken? Especially when they are backed with crazy berserkers.

I don't believe in tailored list. My all-comer list generally has a landraider and termies, 2 vindies/preds, 2 tacticals in rhinos, sternies with libbie in pod, pair of speeder with HF/MM. I could however switch the gear on tactical to be all meltas but I doubt it will do much.

Has anyone tried fighting 3 possessed vindies? Are they really powerful or I'm just psyched out?

Offline XavianBlacksoul

• Oh well, worse things happen at sea.
Re: vs triple chaos vindies
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 05:56:00 AM »
It's a little rough, i play a friend who does this and if not put in check can be the end of you. It's not all doom and gloom though, your only looking for weapon destroyed and they are practically useless. Against most Chaos lists it's not like you want to get too close early doors anyway, so play defensively to begin with. Their range is pretty poor so getting immobilized results help a lot too. Just try to knock them out first thing and a major part of his battle plan will falter. Standard lascannons shots will do just fine.
Have faith and all the best. 
90 percent of sci-fi is crud, but then 90 percent of everything is crud.
Thoedore Sturgeon.

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 09:35:43 AM »
You have 3 units there that are capable of deep striking with heavy weapons/assualt weapons into the rear/sides of his tanks. You have lascannons. You have 2 vindis of your own. Whats the problem?

Getting meltas/combi meltas to them seems a no brainer. You can use your pod to block movement and swoop your MM speeder into position.

If you tempt him forward with your own tanks. More than likely playing a khorne list he will not have the weapons to deal with the land raider so will use the vindis to deal with this. tempt him out with your tough tank/ smoke cover etc. and then do what needs to be done.
However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.

Offline KJQ

• Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 12:38:12 PM »
I haven't played against 3 vindis before, never mind Chaos ones, but I have faced a line of 13 IG tanks/transports in a tournament and managed a draw. My lists have lots of meltas and combi-melta sarges in my tacticals, and combi-meltas on my Sternguard.   I also go with meltabombs on all sarges for insurance.  You didn't mention HQ but Vulkan makes all those melta shots twin-linked.  Consider putting the Sternguard and one tactical in DPs instead of rhinos for a nice alpha strike on two of his vindis.  I also love ironclads in Lucius drops pods for certain vehicle death.

PS: In the IG game I DP'd on his flanks and took out two tanks turn one. I then used the wrecks for cover and managed to take out over half his tanks in the game.
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. " - Albert Einstein