News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2k with eldar allies  (Read 2891 times)

Offline m3talh3llth

• Ork Boy
  • Lando was a narc!
2k with eldar allies
« on: April 1, 2013, 05:27:16 PM »
Hi everyone, I haven't played my dark eldar much in 6th edition and i have a series of games coming up this week, so I'd like to be prepared. My opponents are going to be 2 Dark Angels (1 dual wing and 1 ravenwing) Chaos Marines with Necron allies (tons of flyers and loads of cheese) Chaos Marines with Daemon allies (probably 2 heldrakes) and Imperial Guard (boat loads of conscripts and lots of tanks). I'd like to stand a fighting chance so any advice or input would be helpful. I've played one game with a very similar list last week against dual wing dark angels and tabled my opponent by turn 3, that being said it was his first game with the new codex so I'm not really putting any stock into the win. So anyway, on to the list:

Archon, Shadowfield, Husk Blade, Drugs-135
Incubi (4) Venom, 2x SCannon-153
Trueborn (3) 3x Blaster, Venom, 2x SCannon-146
Warriors (10) Raider, Night Shields, Splinter Racks-170
Reavers (6) 2x Blaster-172
Ravager, Dissie Cannons, Night Shields-115
Ravager, Dark Lances, Night Shields-115
Void Raven-145
Farseer, Doom, Runes of Warding, Jetbike-125
Pathfinders (5)-120
Warp Spiders (5) Exarch, Dual Spinners-127
Dark Reapers (3) Exarch, Tempest Launcher, Crack Shot-147

Okay, so in 5th edition I ran a heavy wych cult (4 squads of 7 decked out) and have decided that with the addition of overwatch, open topped explosions strength increase, and the nerf to FNP, wyches are going to be hard pressed to actually make it to combat. That being said I decided its time to bring out the warriors. 3 squads twin-linked should be able to put a dent into any infantry or monstrous creature they come across. ravagers target heavy infantry and tanks respectively. I have no intention of winning the battle for air superiority but I figure 1 void raven will be enough to down at least 1 heldrake. I'd like to find the points for Flickerfields on the raven but I'm not sure where to trim. Farseer hops in with Reavers and they sit at 18 inches dooming and shooting stuff, then jump back in the assault phase. Pathfinders camp an objective, spiders drop in the backfield hopefully turn 2 or 3 to assist with the warriors push. Dark reapers hide out of sight and nuke the ever living amphetamine parrot out of anything not in termie armor. Trueborn act as a mini ravager, and Archon/Incubi hurtle towards termies or marines or generally anything that i want dead.

I'm not going for tournament style competitiveness (hence the reavers and incubi) but I would like to have a shot at winning.
Well thats about it, first game is on wednesday so any advice you have to give by then would be greatly appreciated  ;D
Nothing to lose, everything to gain

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
Re: 2k with eldar allies
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2013, 06:57:35 AM »
That list is a bit light on anti-tank for my tastes.  I would swap the Disintegrators for Dark Lances on your second Ravager, and deal with TEQ/MEQ by sheer weight of splinter fire - you've got plenty of that with your Warrior Gunboats.

I have no intention of winning the battle for air superiority but I figure 1 void raven will be enough to down at least 1 heldrake.
Good call on that one.  We just can't field enough numbers to take the air against flyer spam.  Voidraven is a great air-to-air choice though, provided you arrive second.  Against everything but the Heldrake you can really limit the effectiveness of flyers because you are so mobile - just get behind them and there's not much they can do.

I'd like to find the points for Flickerfields on the raven but I'm not sure where to trim.
It would also be worth finding points for a Phantasm Grenade Launcher for the Archon - otherwise you Incubi will have to strike at I1 if you charge anything in cover.

Dark reapers hide out of sight and nuke the ever living amphetamine parrot out of anything not in termie armor.
I don't quite understand this - if the Reapers can't be seen, they also can't see to shoot the enemy.  It's a while since I've played Eldar, but I don't recall them being able to shoot round corners.

Good luck!

Offline m3talh3llth

• Ork Boy
  • Lando was a narc!
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2013, 02:07:36 PM »
Thanks for your reply!

That list is a bit light on anti-tank for my tastes.  I would swap the Disintegrators for Dark Lances on your second Ravager, and deal with TEQ/MEQ by sheer weight of splinter fire - you've got plenty of that with your Warrior Gunboats.

I think this is more of a meta thing, where I play the amount of armor I face has significantly dropped as of late, I might find that you're right after a game though and swap them out.

I have no intention of winning the battle for air superiority but I figure 1 void raven will be enough to down at least 1 heldrake.
Good call on that one.  We just can't field enough numbers to take the air against flyer spam.  Voidraven is a great air-to-air choice though, provided you arrive second.  Against everything but the Heldrake you can really limit the effectiveness of flyers because you are so mobile - just get behind them and there's not much they can do.

Exactly, vendettas, scythes, and dark angels flyers are easy to out maneuver, but I need at least a chance to take down a drake.

I'd like to find the points for Flickerfields on the raven but I'm not sure where to trim.
It would also be worth finding points for a Phantasm Grenade Launcher for the Archon - otherwise you Incubi will have to strike at I1 if you charge anything in cover.

I completely forgot about that, I'll squeeze out some points

Dark reapers hide out of sight and nuke the ever living amphetamine parrot out of anything not in termie armor.
I don't quite understand this - if the Reapers can't be seen, they also can't see to shoot the enemy.  It's a while since I've played Eldar, but I don't recall them being able to shoot round corners.

[/quote]

just the tempest launcher, unless I'm mistaken, the old guess weapons were turned into barrage weapons (at least in 5th edition, although I could be mistaken, I really hope I'm not  :-\ )

Nothing to lose, everything to gain

Offline Joekle

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 03:58:05 PM »
i'd get rid of all those nightshields to save points

Offline Lord Laharl

• "Why? you ask... Why not?"
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2013, 03:58:18 AM »
i'd get rid of all those nightshields to save points

Agreed on that, Night shields have lost more than half of their effectiveness since 6TH came out... sadly, you could get the points for your archon's PGL from them.

Cheers