News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Friendly Tourney list.  (Read 2137 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Friendly Tourney list.
« on: January 6, 2018, 04:09:34 PM »
So local store is hosting a tourney for the non-power gamers, just a friendly kick around.

Games being played are:

Kill Confirmed (pg 74 Chapter Approved) - Dawn of War deployment
Targets of Opportunity (pg 75 Chapter Approved) - Hammer and Anvil deployment
Sealed Orders (pg 78 Chapter Approved) - Search and Destroy deployment

This list is right on the point limit, hence the oddly equipped Troupe. So what do you guys think? Fun list or overpowered?

Battalion Detachment +3CP (Aeldari - Craftworlds)

Craftworld Attribute Alaitoc: Fieldcraft

HQ
Farseer
Selections: 1. Guide, 2. Doom, 4: Fate's Messenger, Shiftshroud of Alanssair, Shuriken Pistol, Warlord, Witchblade

Illic Nightspear

Troops
Dire Avengers
9x Dire Avenger + Dire Avenger Exarch + Two Avenger Shuriken Catapults
9x Dire Avenger + Dire Avenger Exarch + Two Avenger Shuriken Catapults
5x Rangers

Fast Attack
4x Windrider - Shuriken Cannon

Heavy Support
9x Dark Reaper + Dark Reaper Exarch

Flyer
Hemlock Wraithfighter + Reveal

Battalion Detachment (Aeldari - Harlequins)
HQ
Troupe Master: Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Caress
Troupe Master: Fusion Pistol, Harlequin's Caress

Troops
5 x Troupe with 5 Harlequin's Caress + 2 Fusion Pistol
5 x Troupe with 5 Harlequin's Caress + 1 Fusion Pistol
5 x Troupe with 4 Harlequin's Caress + 1 Embrace

Dedicated Transport
Starweaver
Starweaver

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
Re: Friendly Tourney list.
« Reply #1 on: January 6, 2018, 09:06:42 PM »
I'm not sure murderclowns and snipers are that friendly.
Grim Reapers that are deadly from afar and a flying undead sorcerer in a copter, actually seems quite nasty IMHO.
The friendliest things you have are trained ninjas and ninjas on bikes and a goofy magician standing in the back.

Edit: I'm sure your list would work well, the harlequins are not costed properly for 8th ed, but the hemlock and the full size unit o reapers is not really friendly.
« Last Edit: January 7, 2018, 05:07:03 AM by Fenris »
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: January 7, 2018, 03:37:52 PM »
Edit: I'm sure your list would work well, the harlequins are not costed properly for 8th ed,

Harlies too cheap or too expensive? They got a minor point drop in Chapter approved.

but the hemlock and the full size unit o reapers is not really friendly.

I figured 1 hemlock is easier to deal with than two crimson hunters and I merged the reapers into a single unit, less exarchs etc.

I'm thinking of changing the relic to the Wings... any one tried a flying farseer out lol.

Offline Fenris

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Aeldari
« Reply #3 on: January 7, 2018, 07:44:59 PM »
The harlequins are still too expensive to be worthwhile using competitively IMO.

I've only tried the flying Autarch and kamikaze Illic, not a flying farseer, but the teleporting farseer seems fun too though :)

I'm not certain which is most powerful a large unit of guided reapers or small ones with more Exarches. It probably comes down to (redundancy versus all eggs in one basked).

In friendly games however, I usually just take what is best painted, rather than most other concerns.
Ego in propria persona, non compos mentis.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #4 on: January 7, 2018, 07:50:06 PM »
I play harlequins competitively. They are pretty terrible right now. If you want to run them, don't take a squad on foot. It's as good as deal without a transport.

The points drops in Chapter approved didn't really do a lot. They desperately need a codex.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #5 on: January 7, 2018, 08:40:50 PM »

I play harlequins competitively. They are pretty terrible right now. If you want to run them, don't take a squad on foot. It's as good as deal without a transport.

The squad on foot is mainly a counter attack group and it also nets me some extra command points lol.

They desperately need a codex.

with any luck more models and unit types... They kind of still feel more like an allied force than a full army of their own.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #6 on: January 7, 2018, 09:58:27 PM »
If that's the case, use one CP to stick them in the webway, so they can come down late game and not get shot off the table.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 03:32:01 AM »
Turns out my friendly list was a bit too friendly lol.

still, learned skitarii is actually fairly well rounded and just how badly crawl sups them up.

Nids are really nasty and can bring some decent firepower to bear now.

Was good to see some other lists in action, while there was still a lot of marines, xenos technically outnumbered them lol.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:33:55 PM by magenb »

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2018, 06:43:29 AM »
G'day magenb!
As both an Eldar AND a Tyranid player, am very glad to hear your view of events... Be well!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2018, 02:57:35 PM »
Yeah an Exocrine combine that with a hive crone and another Monstrous flying creature is a nasty combo. Fly those two up in their face, so you have to deal with them, while the Exocrine pounds the reapers. Then its genestealers soaking up the fire while Zoanthropes get into their super smite range. There were still a bunch of other stuff and a coupe more MC's but they didn't do too much. Way too many high priority targets for my list, honestly I could see that list doing well in a normal tourney.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2018, 06:58:40 PM »
G'day Magenb!
My Nid lists always have a Swarmlord and a Tervigon Prime. The SL sends a 20 manned Genestealer unit into the opposing armies ranks first turn, and the TP also emerges amongst them, first turn, accompanied by 30 Termigants with devourers, (90 shots).

This always gives the Nids first blood and keeps my opponent busy so the rest of the Nids scatter up the table untouched.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2018, 03:50:31 PM »
G'day Magenb!
My Nid lists always have a Swarmlord and a Tervigon Prime. The SL sends a 20 manned Genestealer unit into the opposing armies ranks first turn, and the TP also emerges amongst them, first turn, accompanied by 30 Termigants with devourers, (90 shots).

This always gives the Nids first blood and keeps my opponent busy so the rest of the Nids scatter up the table untouched.

Both will do a similar thing, in that they force your opponent to deal with what's in their face. I liked their flying MC list as it works no matter the board config. In this case, first turn charge was actually impossible using foot troops.

The other thing was, the Exocrine could kill 3 Reapers a turn (on average) vs the Termagants would on average take out 1 reaper, assuming I kept them at 12" or more away.

Additionally in this case, Forewarned would have gone off and ripped into one of those DS units, where as I just have to sit back and take the flying MC and exocrine.