News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 pt army, help, info  (Read 475 times)

Offline JD

• Newest
1500 pt army, help, info
« on: April 14, 2006, 07:35:52 PM »
here is my idea of a 1500 pt army, i dont have all the models yet, so some input would be nice

HQ
Shas'el plasma rifle, fusion blaster, targetting array, stimulant injector, iridium armor, multi tracker
target lock- 138 pts
Sahs'vre target lock, target array, plasma rifle, missile pod, multi tracker, 2 gundrones- 78
Shas'vre target lock, target array, plasma rifle, burst cannon, multi tracked, 2 gundrones- 74

Troops

12 firewarriors- pulse rifles- 120
Devilfish- disruption pod, decoy launchers, fletchet discharge- 100
12 firewarriors- pulse carbine, emp- 156
16 kroot- 112

Fast attack
3 piranha dp, ta, 1 fusion blaster, 2 tl- 220

Heavy support
Ion Head- 135 pts, srry, i added some stuff, cant find what though
Rail head- 170 same as above

Elite
240 pts unit of crisis suits w/ 6 gundrones total

sorry its a bit vauge at the end, i dont have all the stuff with me, please tell me what ya'll think

Offline lord_guru32

• Life is but a gateway to eternity
Re: 1500 pt army, help, info
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2006, 07:57:40 PM »
dont give your commander a bodyguard unless you really have to, hes better as a IC (and you can attach him to a squad if you must). you should give all the piranhas fusions and give them dl's instead of dp's. dont give firewarriors emps, you wont want them close to anything, let alone a tank. you could also consider having an independant drone squadron instead of sticking them on the suits. also the carbine warriors should be in the fish instead of the rifles due to their shorter ranger. will probably add more later, hope this helps.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with countless aeons even death may die"

Ninja Kirby (>'')>* * * *

Offline The Orange

Re: 1500 pt army, help, info
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2006, 01:13:37 AM »
To much on the HQ.  The Armor on the IC will slow down the whole squad, making them a shooting magnet, which only he is likely to survieve.  and your IC will only be really good up close.   The drones will overall make it easier to wound the squad.  Plus thiere are too many goodies on the bodyguard, they will be expensive and in-effective.

With the elites, remember its best to specialize them for one specific purpose, thier BS3 is bad, so they wont be great for multi-purpose, and drones will only make it easier to wound them. 

I'm not really sure about the rest, but you have mostly mobile elements, leaving one squad of FWs and Kroot pretty immobile.  I'm not sure how the tatics will work with that.