News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Heavy Grey Knight Marine List - Tips and Hints  (Read 2145 times)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Heavy Grey Knight Marine List - Tips and Hints
« on: May 12, 2013, 12:06:12 PM »
Been doing some trading and somehow I've ended up with the following for GK Marines

5 swords
4 hammers
28 halberds
1 falchions
7 psycannons
5 flamers

So I'm trying to think of interesting ways to use these guys.  Like 30 Interceptors shunt behind the enemy first turn and cause havoc while I move up the rest of my army.

Or Just lots of Strike squads setting up good gun positions while others teleport in.

Or take my two landraiders, fill em with purifiers and go run over the enemy.

How has purgation squads been working for everyone?  I have rhinos I could drive up and drop them in range.

Thoughts? Ideas? Suggestions? :D
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Azgard

Re: Heavy Grey Knight Marine List - Tips and Hints
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 01:21:28 PM »
It has been my experience that it is not worth giving strike squads or interceptors special melee weapons except for a single hammer on the justicar. They cost a lot of points and a strike squad's single attack is underwhelming. Psycannons however are awesome in those squads.

Halberds go really well on purifiers. The upgrade is cheap (and almost necessary) and purifiers are good at melee. the "problem" is that you have so many. 3 squads worth. At that point its worth grabbing the guy that makes purifiers troops and base your list around them.

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Re: Heavy Grey Knight Marine List - Tips and Hints
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2013, 10:29:25 PM »
Ah yes, add Crowe in for purifier troops.  Thanks, I really like that idea! A little grey knight pyromania! :D

Not sure how best to equip purifiers though, I'll have to do some digging for some crowe lists.  ANy suggestions?

Still not sure about purgation squads.  ???
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.