News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Grey Knights with Blood Angel Allies (1850)  (Read 1966 times)

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Grey Knights with Blood Angel Allies (1850)
« on: March 30, 2013, 10:31:25 PM »
Looking to combine two of my armies together and stick with the idea of a small elite force.

For the Space Marine section, I have...

Dante
Sanguinary Guard (powerfist, plasma and infernus pistol)
Sanguinary Guard (powerfist, plasma and infernus pistol)

(683 total)

These guys will drop in and cause a ruckus.

For the Grey Knight side, I'm still undecided.

I'm thinking for the core I'll have

Strike Squad (x2) (280pts each)
x10
x2 psycannons and x8 Halberds (due to my older models)

Two of these squads can be broken up and combined with the BA to give me a total of six scoring units and four psycannons for some dakka dakka.

The other elements are

Dreadknight with Teleporter (x2) (205pts each)

These guys will jump into the other guys face and be big ass (and fairly cheap-ish) distractions. Hopefully they can punch some things to death, or at least hold stuff for the Sanguinary Guard to kill.

Now, this leaves me with around 195ish points left. Thinking of adding a librarian for some powers, or a Grand Master, to make the Dread Knights scoring too, or maybe an inquisitor for 55pts and then a bunch of something else...I don't know. I like the idea of a grand master a lot though, but then I'll only have 20pts left to upgrade him with, which is not nearly enough. I think I could kill off some of the halberd upgrades to get a psycannon though (which would be nice).

How's it look? I've not played a single game of 6th yet and I don't expect to do so well against flyer dominated lists anyway. I hope however it'll not be utterly abysmal.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 10:32:51 PM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria