News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Your Eldar Army.  (Read 246112 times)

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
Re: Your Eldar Army.
« Reply #240 on: February 26, 2010, 08:35:30 AM »
I'm really having troubles with these pictures they always turn out crap.  :-\ At any rate heres some of my force.

Autarch:

The little flags he comes with were too heavy so I made my own  :)

He's modular! With an assortment of 10 different arms and he can swap his flags for a WJG.

WJG from behind - I finished painting his gemstones tonight but in this picture theyre still only in step 1.

Here is my second Farseer - I first attempted NMM on his staff but Im not there yet. Since taking this picture Ive added some Scorpion Green onto his robes. Ive also touched up the red gemstones all over.

From behind - Im not overly happy with him though the Scorpion Green I have since added does help the colour a lot.

Fire Dragons - The flash on the camera makes them look really bright  :-\ at least the blue gemstones show up.

I need to add more details to their eyes atm I'm just trying to get all the more obvious details done to get the whole army on the table. All the Fire Dragons have this 'smoke' effect on their helms around the black flames coming from the mask. Also the Fusion Guns are meant to be painted up like dragon scales (you'll notice this on the Autarch as well).

My second most fielded elite choice is my Howling Banshees, here is a larger picture of my avatar:

I tried to take a group picture but photography isn't one of my strong points

This is some early pictures of my Exarchs before I started blending them so these will look very flat.
Inspiration for this little conversion came from the intro vid to DoW 2 the scene with 2 Howling Banshees running and the dread busts through the rock and kills them, you'll notice the Exarch is running in a similar fasion to how Ive posed this model. Besides I think the original looked like she was skipping.  :P

I prefer the older style executioner so heres a new attempt at being old. You can see the glitter on the blades in this picture, all the power weapons in my army have glitter and then water effects over the top.

The mainstay of my army my Dire Avengers. This is a earlier picture (you can see Jain Zar in the background I got her second hand and she was missing her right hand so I improvised  :P Dire Avengers hand + Tau vehicle command sprue ftw).

This is what my Dire Avengers look like now you can see Ive inked and highlighted the hair and changed the bases. The red gems arent looking very detailed in this  >:(

Thats all for now I need to go make a lightbox and learn to use my sisters camera properly. Also I've decided to repaint all my grav tanks so none are pictured as currently I really dont like the pure metalic paint schemes.

Online Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #241 on: February 28, 2010, 02:08:08 AM »
Love the color comp. It all looks good together. Love the back ground pics of the autarch  too. LOL  Keep up the good work.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Aoitora

• Aspect Warrior
« Reply #242 on: March 1, 2010, 07:03:31 AM »
Really nice work there, love the avengers in particular - plus it's obvious you really like basing your models (who doesn't eh?! ;) ) great detail and composition on them IMO

It started off with the idea of having all my aspects on different bases to show them on different parts of the battlefield so the Avengers started off on a grass field, Banshees in some ruins, Scorpions in a forest etc and I planned on making a display board for all of this. Over time I felt the Avengers looked too plain so I grabbed some pebbles and such from the backyard and gave them more of a black/charred world look (dont ask why there is grass growing on a charred world there just is  :P). I did cheat on the Banshee's bases though they're a product from www.back2base-ix.com.
I'm glad you like the Avengers they normally look pretty dull in normal shop light so it's normally my dragons or banshees that get all the attention.  :)

Love the color comp. It all looks good together. Love the back ground pics of the autarch  too. LOL  Keep up the good work.

I didn't even notice my Stepdad in the background when I uploaded these pictures it wasn't till afterwards when I had to crop some to fit them on my blog that I noticed. At least he's wearing shorts right!  :P

Offline Avatar of the Eldar

« Reply #243 on: March 1, 2010, 11:35:40 PM »
Okay, most of these are still WIP-y, but I'll post up anyway...

And these in Saim Hann, just because my 4 yr old boy "wanted red ones".

Now if I could get the rest of the army painted! Too many enticing projects and way too little hobby time with my grown up responsibilities.

Offline mcewan7

« Reply #244 on: March 3, 2010, 06:53:18 PM »

Offline Aiacos

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2010, 05:33:39 PM »
hi everyone, i actually dont know if i am doing right posting this as my first post but here it goes. My army is far from being all painted but here i have pictures of my farseer and my own asurmen (which i am very proud of) btw excuse my writing if a make mistakes because english is not my first language...

the farseer's mask now is painted yellow

I took the miniature to a friend that works at games-worldshop and he helped me assemble it. He posted some pictures and now some of his bosses have asked him to paint it so he asked me if he could do it... as soon as he paints it, I'll post some pictures
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 05:38:59 PM by Aiacos »

Offline Jedediah

« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2010, 01:36:15 PM »
I've been playing Eldar for about a year and I've finally finished my first squad (I know its unforgiveable) of guardians minus basing.

One reason It's taken so long is that despite my poor painting skills I'm particularly particular about color choices.  Anyway here are my guardians.

My idea was Eldar who built their weapons and armor out of precious metals and gems.  So i tried to paint the armor a jade green accented with plenty of gold and jewels.

Here's a WIP Warwalker painted the same way

I'd love some feedback, but be gentle I'm new to this.

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2010, 07:24:52 PM »
The colour scheme is very nice; it's a sweet shade of green. And the painting is neat and kept within the lines which is a lways a good thing!

What ruins it I think are the huuuge mold lines and flash. All those bits of plastic and lines that are not meant to be part of the model need to be scraped off with a modeling knife. Even the best golden daemon standard of painting is ruined by mold lines!

Also, washes on large areas is hard to pull off. Whereas on your guardians the wash has worked well, you can see an uneven mottled effect on the warwalker. If this is what you're going for then just ignore me!
Otherwise you need to refine how you use washes. A lot of people seem to think you can just bathe the model in wash and that's all good; instead it drowns the model and doesn't let the wash flow to the places where it's meant to go. This is doubly bad on large undecorated areas.
The ide is to actually paint the wash on; use your wash brush as if you were painting normally using proper brush strokes. This gives a much more even finish once dry. Also it's worth purposely painting the wash into the recesses and creases around prominant bits of armour as this makes sure it properly shades that area.

Otherwise it's all good they're very nice models. :)

Offline Mr. Mayhem

• Jesus Saves, Gretsky steals... HE SCORES!
« Reply #248 on: March 29, 2010, 05:29:59 AM »
I've been playing Eldar for about a year and I've finally finished my first squad (I know its unforgiveable) of guardians minus basing.

I think I've got you beat on the unforgivable scale. Though I only started playing them seriously (since 2nd ed.) in December, I've been sitting on my Eldar since the mid 90' with the only progress made (until recently) being some black primer on some plastic Guardians w/ lasguns  :P . Since I'm still not quite sure what colors I want for my craftworld stuff I've started painting my Aspect Warriors first, completing a squad of Fire Dragons this week and almost being done with a squad of Dire Avengers. Hope to post more in the not too distant future.

Offline KBelleau

• "Victory to the Saim-Hann"
    • Riders of the Cosmic Serpent
« Reply #249 on: May 11, 2010, 02:44:20 PM »
So many great models on site.... and armies!

Here is what I've got... so much is still WIP....
Infantry...

JetBikes...

Tanks...

Vypers...

Phoenix Bomber...

Phantom titan...

Guess I have to get a group shot of all my stuff....

Offline malicant

• "It is not blood that binds us..."
« Reply #250 on: May 12, 2010, 06:25:38 AM »
I took a few pics of some of my better models last night so I may as well share them :).

« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 06:27:26 AM by malicant »

Offline NightMoor

• Autarch of a dying race
    • Youtube channel: battle reports and painted figures
« Reply #251 on: May 30, 2010, 02:34:15 AM »
I've still got to take photos of my whole Eldar army which is 90% or so painted but for tonight I just finished my converted Jetbike Warlock so I just had to share him:

I hope you guys like it - some of you may remember him from a post I started a few months ago on strategies for cool character on jetbike conversions and I'm proud to be able to say I got this guy done!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:35:47 AM by NightMoor »
Check out my Youtube channel for battle reports and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/EldarCorsair

Online Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #252 on: June 1, 2010, 04:09:41 PM »
Here is my latest. Hope ya'll like.

« Last Edit: June 1, 2010, 04:12:37 PM by Dread »
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline NightMoor

« Reply #253 on: June 11, 2010, 01:13:55 AM »
Here's my recently finished Bike Council, led by a Farseer.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 08:36:13 AM by NightMoor »
Check out my Youtube channel for battle reports and other vids: http://www.youtube.com/user/EldarCorsair

Offline NightMoor

« Reply #254 on: June 12, 2010, 01:56:35 AM »
Here's some more of my army, gotta get around to taking pics of the rest of it. For the curious, the weapons are all magnetized, including the Dire Avenger Exarch arms, underslung Shuri-Cannons on the vehicles, etc.

Dire Avengers

Guardians

Fire Dragons

Fire Prism

Wave Serpent

Howling Banshees

Vypers

Warlock

Wraithlord

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 02:04:01 AM by NightMoor »

Offline Ebsolom Dhaark

« Reply #255 on: July 31, 2010, 01:49:11 PM »
Here is my painted Ulthwe to date. I started playing and collecting Eldar when their latest codex came out in 2006 (due an update I think :( ) and have been steadily adding units to it here and there. I still have a large chunk which is WIP.

The Warhost assembled;

The Guardians of Ulthwe;

Webway Portal;

Heavy Support and Striking Scorpions;

Offline murgel

• Armies: CWE, Harlequins, SW, DA, BA, Vanilla SM
« Reply #256 on: July 31, 2010, 07:34:15 PM »
This is a fantastic Ulthwe army!
I love it.
Would it be possible to see larger pictures?
sure you have an opinion,
but my swordplay is better than your´s

Take my advice, I never use it.

Offline Two Hawks

• Eldar "The Race" to be
« Reply #257 on: July 31, 2010, 11:07:29 PM »
Awesome work, we've got an apoc game coming up in mid - August. I was gathering my Eldar and was shocked to see I have over 10,500pts. when it's decked out :o. No super heavies, titans or flyers. Lot of it still WIP, I will try to get some new pics of it amassed.
"Insignificant are other races to thy ELDAR"

Offline GregBluhm

« Reply #258 on: August 2, 2010, 10:55:36 AM »
Ebsolom Dhaark - That is nice painting work.  I particularly like the all bone look for the Wraithguard and Wraithlord.

Offline Belching Drunkard Aspect

• Ulthwé Vikings?!
« Reply #259 on: August 6, 2010, 02:18:19 PM »
Ebsolom, as another Ulthwé amateur, gotta hand it to you: one of the better jobs I've seen.