News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: worst person you had to play.  (Read 12708 times)

Daniel Brierton

Re:worst person you had to play.
« Reply #20 on: March 5, 2002, 06:20:36 PM »
If you read the rules CAREFULLY they arent. the JET PACK not to be confused with jump pack gets a six movement in move phase and assault phase and cannot charge. The shiled drone gives itself a 4+ save, it acts as a suicide target, taking hits for the squad.

I'm pretty sure on these rules as i have read em about 10 times.  >:( darn that wanna be goth tau player!

-Dan

Death_on_demand

« Reply #21 on: March 5, 2002, 06:33:10 PM »
an ork player. He cheated like crazy (grot riggers fix EVRYTHING on his vehicles) and rerolled dice out his ass, especially when he wasn't supposed to. he hasn't shown up at the shop since that game because I threatened(jokingly mind you) to cut his head off... a tad extreme i know, but I WAS JOKING

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #22 on: March 5, 2002, 08:21:25 PM »
 an ork guy i saw playin an eldar insisted that his tankbustas had a special rule to "whack out" and toss grenades at anyone behind them (warp spiders were there)
apparenty the s6 ap3 krak bombs blew em away
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Offline General Canderous Fayler

• Iron Fist
  • Iron Fist of Caldonia
« Reply #23 on: March 6, 2002, 10:36:41 AM »
wow.  There are a lot of sore losers that cant play the game right.

Offline eldar55ca

« Reply #24 on: March 6, 2002, 05:25:55 PM »
The worst person i played when i was when new he would give me optons  but make them sound the same but the one that gave him the advatige he made it sound like the best .After i foundout what he wes doing I got a adsitent (best player in our groupe) for advice . we end up betting him  ;D ;D ;D three times my adsitent left after the 1st game
So I'm a punk

Offline LockeIND

• Biel-Tan never rests...
« Reply #25 on: March 6, 2002, 05:35:26 PM »
we had a 3 vs 3 battle.

I (marines) was allied with TAU & Tyranids

I was against Chaos, Blood Angels, and Blood Angels

The Blood Angels had
2 10 man death companies
2 singuary high priests
3 tac squads each (about 50 troops)

all in rhinos.

It was the most frustrating thing known to man...

Offline Khaine621

• ...idiot
« Reply #26 on: March 6, 2002, 05:47:32 PM »
Once in a tournament i played this ork player who was a complete jerk.  He played very well and he offered a very challengeing game, but he was a total jerk.  When the round was over i ended up giving him a zero in the sportsmanship department.  He found out and went through the whole pile of evaluation sheets and got his back and gave me a zero too.  Personally, i think this just proves my point...

Offline MuGGzy

• Paintball, Human hunting at it's finest!
« Reply #27 on: March 6, 2002, 08:58:10 PM »
WoW, I have yet to even play my first game of WH40K. Even though I have a 1500 or so point Chaos army and at least 5000pts of Eldar. Right now I'm just diggin on painting and converting. However, the "human" factor is the single thing that keeps me from getting really into the gaming side of the hobby.
Reading some of your stories and having sat and talked with local game shop junkies and watched a few games I am not looking forward to the socially disfunctional types this (and most) games attract. I will qualify that with saying that ALOT of the people I have met were really kewl and could talk with mainstream people and *gasp* WOMEN just fine. It's just the nerdy, anally retentive, stinky/greasy, socially dysfunctional, faction that I would have a hard time enduring if I had to sit across a table from them for an hour or more. I would have a hard time not slugging some of the people you have described, this leads me to ask if anyone has ever had a physical confrontation occure during or after one of these games with the "loser faction"? Like that one story about the guy flicking dice at your figs during the game.. that would last about ONCE before I would kindly suggest to him to cease lest I knock the pi$$ out of him.

MuGGzy

PS. No, violence is not the solution but some morons just don't GET IT so a more direct approach is required.

Offline Krogoth0

« Reply #28 on: March 7, 2002, 03:01:18 AM »
A guy I know Khorne Bezerker army, I constantly whoop him, but he always questions ALL the rules and calls Eldar cheap. SO I agree not to play with my w/lord and he still calls me cheap, I know this is just stupid but it gets really annoying just because he cannot be sensable to take something with S high enough to hurt the lord

Offline StevenSwayze

• You know what I say when it's miller time?
« Reply #29 on: March 7, 2002, 05:22:34 AM »
Muggzy your question regarding physical violence breaking out brings to stories to mind. There was a game stor I used to play at(it went out of business) and at that store there was this ultra marines player who was always painting. For like the first year I never saw him play a game. He had this huge gun case he kept his figures in and was waitng till they were all painted to play the first game with them. Anyways the last figure in the army to be finished was this heavily converted character on a bike. It was pretty cool to say the least and he spent three weeks on that figure alone. This guy was kind of a dink though as he was always braggin about how great his army was going to be and how he was to be so invincible blahblahblah. So finally they are all done and he is setting up to play against a buddy of mine who also played marines. Anyways I think it was turn three when the Ultras player flanked my buds army with his uber character on a bike. On my buds turn he had a very inexpensive character with a jumppack and a vortex grenade jump next to the biker and self detonated(this was second edition and there were vortex grenedes and vortex detonators, which is why my bud hand delivered the vortex grenades) anyways the biker died without having fired a single shot as it had been too busy maneuvering to out flank my bud. The ultra player who had just spent 3 weeks on the model picked it up, looked at it and over hand pitched it into the wall behind my bud at about 75 miles an hour! There was marine bits every where, it was like it was blown up by a firecracker. We sat totally stunned than most of us just started laughing.

I also had one other story about the same place, but it does'nt involve 40k but is totally true I kid you not.  I was playing a game of 40k there and these 2 bozos where playing Magic the Gathering  and were getting all animated(Sad to say but the one of the guys is playing the magic game was the same guy who made the Ultramarines guy spaz) so anyways I have no idea what they were getting so heated about but Jim(the one I know) said "Hey just chill out" and the other guys said "CHILL OUT,OH YEAH I"LL CHILL OUT!!!" and stormed out leaving his stuff on the table. Well Jim and the store owner were cleaning up the sore losers cards when out of nowhere this car drives though the front window! Luckily there was a counter and a big display shelf full of merchandise that got under the car and prevented the wheels from touching the ground hence not killing somebody! It was that punk sore loser of the magic game smashing through the window to get revenge. The store owner was ex military(navy) and totally flipped put punched throught the driverside window and pulled the pasty custard farm out of the car and would have beaten the daylights out of the guy bu the guys started to blubber and beg for his life "Please don't kill me!" he squeeled like a little girl as though he had not just ried to kill us! I never did find out what the police charged him with. I miss that store(sigh). On another note it was not the first time we the patrons of the store had heard somebody beg the store owner not to kill them lol(ah the memories I could go on forever)
"We really shook the pillars of heaven this time, did'nt we Wang." Jack Burton

Offline Maugan-Ra

• Bow to the Harvester of Souls !!
« Reply #30 on: March 7, 2002, 05:42:27 AM »
Those guys who always move their troops 6.5" or more when you're not looking at them, always say that their bolters are in range at 24.5" (or who "forget" to estimate or roll the scatter dice as they place their ordnance templates)... And who then always check your every single move, check your 2" unit coherency, ask you twice to check range.

The kind of guy who realize they made a mistake in their turn and, when you're shooting their commander with Pathfinders, tell you something: " Oh I didn't mean to do that, let me place him there behind that cover instead".

Those who tell me my old war walkers lascannons and heavy plasmas are not bright lances and star cannons, who pretend to have been confused in their strategy and keep on whinning because their lost a game beause I cheated them with fake weapons or non WYSIWYG models... while they were using a Rhino themselves and telling as it comes into Range: "Oh, by the way, this is a Vindicator,I just didn't glue the cannon"...

And more...

I really hate those guys (and most times it's a concentration of all this)...

;D
War is my Master - Death is my Mistress

Offline Revasser

• Yerf, yerf, yerf!
« Reply #31 on: March 7, 2002, 07:46:42 AM »
Ahh yes, i know that sort well.
This guy i played a few times uses Crimson Fist SM but he uses Black Templar rules, i have no problems with this, as i was using my Saim-Hann painted Crafties as Biel-Tan.

Anyway, we rolled the D6 and he got the first turn, he decided that he was quite safe behind his wall, and did nothing that turn. So i sent my falcon up and started blasting stuff, he destroyed in his next turn with the missile launcher in his tac squad (which somehow moved 4 inches into range and still fired.. hmm)

After another turn he flew his assault squad over some woods in (damn jumppacks) and into my Scorps, now usually i wouldnt have any problem with this, since i have faith in my scorps, except when the marines assault they were 14 inches away, not 12. I pointed this out to him and his reply was "Its done now, ive started the assault (no dice had yet been rolled) and cant go back" and he also extended the range of his bolters rather substantially, from 2 shots at 12, to 2 at shots at 14..

Also, like one that was previously mentioned, he got all depressed and pissed off when i finally got 2 Wraithlords up there and started winning, and started flicking dice into my models... all that sort of irritating stuff. Bah.. I did eventually win, although my Dire Avenger Exarch needed his arm glued back on after a die hit him... and he made out that there was no way he could have won because Eldar are unfair... blaerg...  ::)

The best opponent ive faced was a World Eaters cult player, he used his army in a very fluffy way, not even firing his berserkers bolt pistols. He took his losses well, and didnt make a big deal out of an easy victory (i admit, i played *very* badly that game, made idiotic mistakes) and the game ended in a duel between my DE Lord and his Termie Lord, it had no effect on the game, i had already lost, but it was cool that he let me take his Lord as a slave as a consulation prize.

Offline Achron of the scorpion king

• um...hold on.....no....no...that wont do.....um...
« Reply #32 on: March 7, 2002, 08:29:48 AM »
chaos
go  to  -  cummunity  -  suggestions  -  campian thred  

and post about your gaming group for a MASSIVE EO CAMPAIN

come on ppl we need your help!

Offline Tachyix

• The Tachyix was here.
« Reply #33 on: March 9, 2002, 01:10:56 AM »
Eldar.  Nastily effictive army.  I'm play space marines (for now) and have discovered that any point value under 1,000 will end up with me dying.  So I have a respectful grude against all people who use Striking Scorpions and Wraithlords.

Offline Anaris

• Behold my shuriken power!
« Reply #34 on: March 9, 2002, 02:00:44 AM »
Ugghh... At my local hobbey shop and there is this grouchy hippe guy with his hair dyed pink and dark blue.

The first time I played him he pulled out and studied it for about an hour. I asked him what he was doing and he said " waiting for you ". I was preety pissed off because it was preety obvious I was ready and I had been waiting.  So I said I was ready and he said hold on and kept reading. No .. big... deal, though I didn't start to freak out untill he pulled out a second editon codex. ( Marines ) I asked him what he was doing and he insisted it was legal. I was tired and board, and he argued to much so I said whatever. That was a weird battle and he ended up just saying " I have to leave " so he gathered his models and left. I don't really understand who was winning because we couldn't agree on any of the rules.

A much more annoying player was my freind who is a moron. They played the tao and invented or imagined they heard so many rules, such as-

1. They refused to believe an eldar missle launcher could select from 2 different rounds. When I showed them the entry for a missle launcher in the rulebook        ( keep in mind I didn't have my codex with me, but used army builder ) they THEN insisted that maybe eldar missle launcher were different. He kept assaulting then saying whoops and moving his troops. His response? " I forgot" 5 times in a row??? Anyways, he also said that the Farseer could not move and use psycick powers in the same turn. He claimed tau drone units had to be destroyed before I could shoot at anything else. ( come on ) He also finnaly stated rangers can't have ap 1. He also insisted that kroot had a special ability that let them jump over nearly 25 foot high walls.

Its people like this that just ... AUGH. >:(

Offline The Sheer One

• He comes. He goes.
« Reply #35 on: March 9, 2002, 11:58:05 AM »
You guys play against quite weird opponents. I don't consider a WH40k game as a real war, but some kind of a story. A victory achieved with cheating would be useless for me. Well, don't know what those people have in mind...

I have so far only played against trustworthy opponents (well, I have no idea what they are doing when I'm visiting the fridge :)

Offline Galadhrion

« Reply #36 on: March 9, 2002, 12:27:17 PM »
Good for you sheer - It's refreshing to hear that!
I've played GW wargames for over 10 years now and most of the pettiness and cheating stopped when me and my mates got past the age of 15.  We all have a laugh and enjoy the game whther we win or lose.  However, there is one guy at my club who doesn't seem to have left that phase.  The best thing is to make sure you play gamers like that with with the audience of an objective player who really knows the rules and won't be brow-beaten - some bad players only play younger kids so that they can bully them.

Needless to say, by playing by the rules and enforcing correct movement and ranges (not 2 inches extra every time grrrrr.) I wiped the floor with the offending player.  ;)  
Los answerd furious, "Art thou one of those who when most complacent
Mean mischief most? If you are such Lo! I am also such
One must be master. try thy Arts I also will try mine
For I percieve Thou hast Abundance which I claim as mine"

Urizen startled stood but not Long soon he cried:
"Obey my voice young Demon; I am God from Eternity to Eternity"

Blake, The Four Zoas

Offline Moloch

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #37 on: March 9, 2002, 04:58:36 PM »
playing against 14 year olds who get so excited when they have a good roll, they forget the rules.

Offline TheMightyPikachu

• Pi-Ka-Chu!
  • Ancient
  • The Mightiest
« Reply #38 on: March 9, 2002, 05:59:10 PM »
hey, we cant help it if all our rangers rolled 6's to hit!

then rolled 1-3's to wound.... :'(
www.andylc.deviantart.com
did you know I can draw?

Ender12

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2002, 01:35:24 PM »
The old guys for the most part are OK from time to time you get a bad seed. It's the young ones that screem that I have too many dark Lances or this or that is unfair even though my army is of less points then there SM, then cry that it's not fair that I am cutting them down with lots of fire power because they are running right at me like pickets charge and not using cover. Note to the young ones. if you stop to ask for help on cover and movement most of use would love to help you get better at the game. As for the older guys that are bad seeds well there is simply no hope for you.