News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: What is your favorite CC unit?  (Read 23774 times)

Offline Grand Master Rex Nihilo

• Victory is one part planning and nine parts Faith
Re: What is your favorite CC unit?
« Reply #220 on: January 1, 2009, 09:23:34 PM »
Another favorite CC unit I have is the Avatar. Nearly indestructible with fortune, and deals his damage on the charge, he's fairly good. Core of my Ulthwe Assault.

I charged one with my Eversor assassin, took him down! :)

7000 points of Grey Knights
6000 points of Fire Drakes Space Marines

Offline Fafnir

• Ork Boy
  • tied and gagged in the back of your car
« Reply #221 on: January 1, 2009, 11:13:44 PM »
Yeah, but he's a freaking Eversor. They're on like... meth, acid, and steroids at the same time. How can you NOT die against that?

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
« Reply #222 on: January 1, 2009, 11:14:46 PM »
i once double teamed a bloodthirster with an eversor and a solitaire. all three died, when the thirster was dropped down to 1 wound, then killed both attckers, only to die to the bio-meltdown.

Poetry on a battlefield.
However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.

Offline General Canderous Fayler

• Iron Fist
  • Iron Fist of Caldonia
« Reply #223 on: January 2, 2009, 03:35:49 AM »
I rather like Rough Riders when they are able to get a charge off.  I ran an 8 man unit of these with hunting lances.  Nothing ruins a SM payer's day when his 5 man assault terminator squad gets charged by horses, wielding 16 I5, S5, armor ignoring attacks.  Mmmmmm, tasty.

Offline Raktra (So long, I guess)

• Skarboy | Ripper | Princess of Baal
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Armies: Grey Knights
« Reply #224 on: January 2, 2009, 01:59:28 PM »
Not my favourites, but two of my best...

Burna Boyz, full 15, on the charge, using burnaz as power weapons. Such an Orky sight, such a crazy freakin' unit.

Nobz, 10, cybork, painboy, 3 power klaws, 3 big choppas, WAAAGH! Banner. 20 S5 I4 attacks, 12 S7 I4 attacks, 12 S9 I1 attacks on the charge, WS5, all good. All good.

Offline Archaon

• Headshot, double kill, makes a man go *whistle* :D
« Reply #225 on: January 2, 2009, 02:25:07 PM »
You can get 50 power weapon attacks with re rolls to wound with 10 khornate termie champions with lightning claws.
[This sig contains whatever you imagine it to contain]

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #226 on: January 2, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »
You can get 50 power weapon attacks with re rolls to wound with 10 khornate termie champions with lightning claws.
I've always wanted to do this :D

Offline Thalandir

• Adam's Myspace
« Reply #227 on: January 2, 2009, 02:34:09 PM »

That's.....that's.......horrible... ...*shudders*

If that isn't evil then I don't know what is.............

Surrounded by your glory, what will my heart feel? Will I dance for you Jesus, or in awe of you be still?
Will I stand in your presence, or to my knees will I fall?
Will I sing, 'Hallelujah'? Will I be able to speak at all?
I can only imagine...

Offline Daedalus_Mk_V

• God from a machine.
« Reply #228 on: January 2, 2009, 02:48:13 PM »

That's.....that's.......horrible... ...*shudders*

If that isn't evil then I don't know what is.............
The 600 odd points they cost?
Slaaneshi terminators are just plain better when it comes to LCs. I5>+1A any day of the week when it comes to Lighning Claws. Add in the fact that it's significantly cheaper to go Slaanesh than Khorne... Hell, take the Khorny doom unit and charge the Slaaneshi one. Slaanesh kills the Khornates before they get a chance to attack :o.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #229 on: January 2, 2009, 02:55:36 PM »
(Grumbles) No Orky people liking my unit today (grumbles)

I'll have to test both of those units, the Slaanesh and the Khorne ones. The lack of attacks may hurt the Slaanesh unit, but then again, that Initiative is pretty tempting...

Actually, now come to think of it, Enhanced marines with IOS is a pretty good unit, and not to pricey. Comes with the Enhanced Table risk, but it's pretty cool.

Offline Fafnir

• Ork Boy
  • tied and gagged in the back of your car
« Reply #230 on: January 2, 2009, 04:30:22 PM »
Burna boyz assaulting is great and all, but I'd rather use their burnas to do the job, unless against TEqs or very low model count units or something like that.

Against MEq and lower, you're better off just using the template.

For example, 15 burnas on 10 MEqs, each one covers around 5. That's 75 hits, which goes down to 12.5 wounds with no loss to you.

Were you to charge with them, you'd take 11 attacks first, doing about two wounds to your burnas, leaving you with 13 burnas. The burnas use 39 attacks, inflicting 9.75 wounds.

Offline Skankin_Catachan

• Colonel
  • why?!why?!why was i programed to feel pain!?
« Reply #231 on: January 2, 2009, 06:57:16 PM »
10 chaos termie chosen champs w/ slannesh mark= a royal pain.
in a 2.5k tourny i just flatout avoided them!

Offline HectorVictorious

• The next sentence is true. This sentence is a lie.
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2009, 06:46:52 PM »
New favorite; Vulkan He'stan w/ 5 Assault Terminators that have Thunder Hammer/Storm Shields.  All master-crafted weapons, 3++ inv. saves.

The only thing to ever kill this unit was a combined force of 10 Pariahs and the Nightbringer.  The Pariahs came in the second round of assault to save the Nightbringer before he was almost certainly destroyed.
The next sentence is true.  This sentence is a lie.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2009, 06:51:23 PM »
How about 10 BT assault terminators, army Vow Accept Any Challenge, twin LC, furious charge. That's 40 S/I5 power weapon attacks that re-roll failed rolls to hit and wound. 430 points.

Offline Joshiantor 98

• Ork Boy
  • Gir now also dances better than you!
« Reply #234 on: January 26, 2009, 04:25:06 AM »
Not my favourites, but two of my best...

Burna Boyz, full 15, on the charge, using burnaz as power weapons. Such an Orky sight, such a crazy freakin' unit.

Never used an full 15 becuase of their tendancy to got shot up and run away but 12 in a trukk is always a good centre piece for any army especially cause of their ability to be power weapons but burn some before hand.

I have not seen one squad survive this charge even ten lightnign claw termies somehow fell to this.

Offline Mr.Tanks

• Grot
  • Lord Despot of Dakka.
  • Armies: The Brave & Noble Albion 212th Imperial Guard
« Reply #235 on: January 26, 2009, 08:33:27 PM »
Because power weapons ignore armour saves maybe? Lol.

Me, I'm a big fan of the Baneblade...oh wait, that just kills all you CC units before they get near...my bad. ::)
What I cannot crush with words, I shall crush with the tanks of the Imperial Guard!

Offline Tauir - "The Shadow"

• Infinity Circuit
  • I'm back
« Reply #236 on: January 26, 2009, 09:55:51 PM »
New favorite; Vulkan He'stan w/ 5 Assault Terminators that have Thunder Hammer/Storm Shields.  All master-crafted weapons, 3++ inv. saves.

The only thing to ever kill this unit was a combined force of 10 Pariahs and the Nightbringer.  The Pariahs came in the second round of assault to save the Nightbringer before he was almost certainly destroyed.
Now, exactly how did Assault terminators with 3++ invuls fight a guy who ignores invuls? Either his rolling was incredibly crappy, or your...welll...yeah .
Whoa there.

Offline TheBigBadPanda

• For the Dark Gods!
« Reply #237 on: January 28, 2009, 04:27:34 PM »
Of the things i can field as a daemon player i have to say a full 8 "man" unit of bloodcrushers. you get str, t and ws of 5, 2 wounds, power weapon, 3 attacks, furious charge, fearless, 3+ 5++... they hurt...

or a bloodthirster. he can bring down anything.

and my khorne herald on juggernaut with unholy might is a real bad ass as well with ws 6, str 6, t 5, 3 W, 4 attacks, power weapon, fearless, and 3+ 5++ saves. Stick him with said unit of bloodcrushers and you will do serious damage :P

and since they are daemons they all deepstrike and are immune to instant death!

If all else fails, hit it with a hammer.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #238 on: January 28, 2009, 05:39:50 PM »

Ok guys, just wanted to point this out...  this post dragged this thread from the depths of deathiness.  In regards to the 40k Online Rules and Netiquette section 4G, if a thread is older than 2 weeks old (this one is 3+ weeks old) than it is considered dead.  A good rule of thumb is that if it is not on the first page then do not post in it unless what you are posting is ground shakingly important (very very rare)!

*click*
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...