News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: DA 500 points vs eldar?  (Read 353 times)

Offline DA08

• B-A-N-N-E-D
DA 500 points vs eldar?
« on: April 2, 2008, 01:56:43 PM »
Ive been doing dark angels for a while and have 2,500pts but i have a friend that just started eldar and has 500pts and wants a game against me it will be his 1st game so i don't want to go too heavy on him.
here is my army list:

HQ: company master with powersword  115pts
troops: 2 5-man tactical squads          165pts
fast attack: 1 3-man ravenwing squad  120pts
razerback with twin-linked lasconnon      80pts

please tell me what you think ;D

let the Galaxy burn and with it all homework

A warrior's faith in his commander is his best armour and his strongest weapon.
                                                                       -tactica imperium

a wise man once said: Sin is not in the act but the thought behind it. To kill in defense is not, to kill in anger is.

;D MY NAME IS SMILEY ;D

Offline Marine In Training

• If at first you dont succeed, hit it with a hammer
Re: DA 500 points vs eldar?
« Reply #1 on: April 2, 2008, 02:11:28 PM »
doesnt that add to 480 pts?

if it does, then maybe you should add some weaponry to the tac squads (heavy bolter if you want to shoot with them, plasmagun if you want to move with them).  just a suggestion.  its good to see (when you are eldar) that other armies are more flexible.  (to this end, i'd suggest 1 with a heavy bolter and 1 with a plasma gun)

a master is a poor use of points in a small game, a chaplain would be better, but hey, this is his first game.

i like the razorback in this list, since your opponant is new, he might have a difficult time killing it, or he'll spend too much firepower killing it and not killing your marines.  either way, it's not a difficult tank to kill, but it will give him a taste of what it's like to face a vehicle.

you're not troop heavy, so you must be trying to give him a chance, right?

the ravenwing squad is nice.

overall, if you dont want to pound him into the ground, this is a good list to face as a first game.  it has a vehicle, and a unit of bikes, some things he will definately face again later.

now, if he's played 40k as other armies before, all of this advice goes right out the window.  try to wipe the board clear of him.  i'm sure you'll know how to do it.
Quote from: Mr.Peanut
Curses, the consequences of my evil powers are mocked and reviled!
Yuk, I disgust Myself...]
   Starky

Offline DA08

• B-A-N-N-E-D
Re: DA 500 points vs eldar?
« Reply #2 on: April 2, 2008, 03:02:56 PM »
doesnt that add to 480 pts?

yes

add some weaponry to the tac squads

how about a flamer and a missile launcher

you're not troop heavy, so you must be trying to give him a chance, right

yes

now, if he's played 40k as other armies before, all of this advice goes right out the window.  try to wipe the board clear of him.  i'm sure you'll know how to do it

lol
let the Galaxy burn and with it all homework

A warrior's faith in his commander is his best armour and his strongest weapon.
                                                                       -tactica imperium

a wise man once said: Sin is not in the act but the thought behind it. To kill in defense is not, to kill in anger is.

;D MY NAME IS SMILEY ;D