News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: PoC: Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors  (Read 1160 times)

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
PoC: Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors
« on: February 28, 2008, 12:03:19 PM »
I've been asked by Gwaihir to help breathe some new life into the Iyanden PoC and get them running again. Hopefully we can get all you guys organised with a proper command structure and get the Ghost Warriors back in action.

I've locked the previous Iyanden PoC (found here) and once things are sorted I will lock this thread so that the new Spiritseer of Iyanden can start afresh.

Starrakatt has compiled a list of active members of the PoC. If you're on the list please can you post in this thread to show your continued support please. Or if you're not on this list but wish to be a part of Iyanden please also post a reply. (For those of you new to this go read this thread).

*f.desrochers (unranked) - Active
*Gwaihir (unranked) - Active
*BrathaLir (Wraithguard) - Active
*Starrakatt (unranked) - Active
*echo34 (unranked) - Active
*BloatedToad (unranked) - Active
*Wraith (unranked) - Active
*Kubrick54 (unranked) - Active
*Blue Corporaptor (unranked) - Active
*Kiefatar (unranked) - Active
*Eothen (unranked) - Semi-Active
*cabie22 (unranked) - Semi-Active
*Mellchia (unranked) - Semi-Active
*Naikee (DE: Warrior, Ulthwé/Iyanden Free Agent) - Active
-Broono (unranked) - Active
-Valar (unranked) - Active
-Wraithlord Saunders (unranked) - Active
-The Vanquisher (unranked) - Active
-The-One-Tree (unranked) - Active
-Fireforce5 (unranked) - Active
*Irandrura Former Autarch - Active
-Lord_Drazhar (unranked) - Active (somewhat)
-Roizo (unranked) - Active (somewhat)
-Mon_Keigh (unranked) - Active (somewhat)

The current ranks agreed by the Iyanden members are:
Guardian
Wraithguard
Bonesinger
Wraithlord
Spiritseer

So to start us off we need to appoint a Spiritseer. From reading through the old PoC thread I would be inclined to give the position to either Gwaihir or Starrakatt.
If you as a group can decide between you amicably then that's great. if not then I could choose for you as an impartial.
Once that is done then the Spiritseer will need to start filling in the command structure. It makes sense that other nominees for Spiritseer who do not get the position should become second and third in commands and will help decide who should get which rank.

Ok, I think that's it for now. Post in this thread or pm me if you need anything else or have any questions.

Offline Gwaihir

• Infinity Circuit
Re: PoC: Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2008, 12:40:07 PM »
Thanks Lorizael for taking the time to help the craftworld reform and reorganize.  Lets get moving people, we finally can have our POC put back together.  Who do you want as the leader?  I am happy with Lorizael picking and don't really think that I should be picking since I sort of have a bias.  I am happy to take the helm if others agree though.

Read the story behind custom titles and tell us about yours.

"You cannot win tommorow, for you do not know why we fight today."  --Farseer Fa'alorath, Craftworld Fa'alnor-The Fate Weavers.

Offline f.desrochers

• Wraithlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2008, 01:46:38 PM »
So to start us off we need to appoint a Spiritseer. From reading through the old PoC thread I would be inclined to give the position to either Gwaihir or Starrakatt

I know there was a number of people who volunteered to take the helm, myself included. Unfortunately work took over my life and that was that. The following was the unconfirmed Command Structure schema:

Moving Up The Ranks

Drawing on the schemes of the other POCs, I suggest we keep our schema relatively similar to the others. This will promote some legitimacy, even if the actual throughput of some of the members are not as vigorous as the other Craftworlds. I suggest the following (drawing in BrathaLir's suggestions):

Farseer: Not available.

Spiritseer (in place of Autarch): As per other POCs, there should just be the one. This person would be the overall coordinator/project lead of all POC: Iyanden efforts.

Wraithlord (in place of Exarch): Have dedicated much of their time to the Craftworld, through posts on these boards and real-life games. Contributors of materially significant information, observations and write-ups. Players who have won/placed (proven) in RTT/GTs would qualify (though not a sole qualifier for this rank). There would probably be relatively few of these members, as befits the fluff. Their post-count should be reflective (750+)

Bonesinger (in place of Warlock): Contributors who actually step up and produce an article or posts that help materially advance the overall scheme of the projects being conducted (in-depth articles, icons, graphics, webspace, etc). There will be several who receive the notice and attention for their posts that will receive this rank. Their post-count should be reflective (500+)

Wraithguard (in place of Aspect Warrior): Normal contributors who participate in the discussions to add their weight to the wisdom collected (fluff, history, play guides, etc) but do not wish or have not the experience to produce significant articles. Their post-count should be reflective (200+)

Guardian: Those who have just started with the Craftworld and contribute their experiences and try to advance Iyanden's cause in their own way. Their post-count should be reflective (up to 200 posts)

I had made an initial list run of the rankings, if anyone would like to have a look. One of the problems faced with the previous run was getting the Mods to recognize the Spiritseer. I tried a few times but received no replies. Of course that doesn't stop us from unofficially nominating one fo our distinguished members to the top.

;francois
;f.desrochers

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2008, 02:06:16 PM »
I have no problem with having Spirit Seer as the top rank. I've already included it (along with the other suggested ranks) in the main PoC thread.
I can't see there being any issue from any of the other mods either.

How you decide on your rankings is of course up to you, it doesn't have to be rigid with post counts and such.
Personally with the Swordwind PoC I take recommendations from other PoC members and other Autarch's or I can give a promotion based on good posts and work on the boards.

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 02:38:07 PM »
If you take a quick look at the Saim-Hann, we have many an altered title as well:

Farseer on Jetbike, (vacant at present) [I borrow Mr.Peanut]
Wild Rider Chief, - myself
Kinsmen, - currently 1 in possition (srintaur,  obvious reasons... at least to me)
Warlock, - currently 2 in possition (1 more soon enough based on contributions not post count)
Shining Spear, - currently 3 in position (2-3 soon based on posts count and contribution)
Wildrider, - 11 in position (based on 100+ posts) 
Civilian - for those 10 people that don't have 100 posts yet.

Each POC has its own feel to it (and rightly so).... I suggest that you guys go with your majority (or the coordinators thoughts) and simply impliment them.

CaHG
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Kiefatar

• ...and Margarita Shooters!
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 07:35:15 PM »
Though I welcome the entrance into the Iyanden POC, I allied only temporarily on the basis of the Campaign. Naturally, I feel I am more at home with the Eldar Online POC or even the Saim-Hann. Besides which, I don't play eldar as often as my multitude of other armies anyways.

As such, I resign all positions/nominations forthwith.
The Flan of Victory! Delicious!

For all your Ork Needs! -
http://www.40konline.com/mos/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=861&topic=155110.0

40K Online Campaign - Despoiler Organizer
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=162397.0

Offline f.desrochers

• Wraithlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2008, 08:01:34 AM »
Although not my place to say specifically, here was the breakdown I had come up with around Christmas. Note: names are alphabetized within each rank.

Spiritseer (in place of Autarch):

• Any of the Wraithlords could be nominated

Wraithlord (in place of Exarch):

• f.desrochers (contributor and editor to Craftworld Iyanden in 4th Edition article, assistant to Starrakatt for Iyanden Call to Arms campaign)
  • BrathaLir (contributor to Craftworld Iyanden in 4th Edition article)
  • Gwaihir
  • Starrakatt (lead organizer for Iyanden Call to Arms online campaign)

Bonesinger (in place of Warlock):

• Eothen (contributor to Craftworld Iyanden in 4th Edition article)
  • irandrura (contributor to Craftworld Iyanden in 4th Edition article)
  • sapphon (contributor to Craftworld Iyanden in 4th Edition article)

Wraithguard (in place of Aspect Warrior):

• Brierton
  • Broono
  • Fireforce5
  • Kubrick
  • The-One-Tree
  • The Vanquisher
  • Valar
  • Wraith
  • Wraithlord Saunders

Guardian:

• cabie22
  • Lord_Drazhar
  • Mellchia
  • Mon_Keigh
  • Naikee
  • Roizo

;francois
;f.desrochers

Offline Starrakatt

• Infinity Circuit
  • Bitter Vet
« Reply #7 on: March 1, 2008, 08:53:01 AM »
   Hi all!

Just noticed the new thread and I can say that I'm very happy to see some action for the Iyanden PoC. Thanks to Lorizael to put this up and for Gwaihir and f.desrochers who both pushed (if that's the word :D) for things to be done.

Thanks Lorizael for thinking I could possibly make it as an Autarch, however I do not believe I have the inspirational and writing skills that it takes for such a task (first and foremost, my skill in English are limiting the quality of my posts and it takes me forever to type).
   So as agreed earlier in the precedent PoC thread I believe the title should go to either Gwaihir or François as their are much better at elaborate writing.

If skills I have, is it more in organisational editing (although not so much when it comes sentence structure), putting stuff together, links, etcetera and I'll gladly contribute in every ways I can.
   Also, like Gwaihir, I think I'm not that bad for batreps writeup.

Now, about the PoC membership list: Sad for Kiefatar but hey! Also, although François did compile a list of ranking some of them may still don't qualifies due to number of posts.
   I know it is an artificial setting to keep things in order and encourage members to raise their post count (and hopefully quality posting) trough contributing in the forums, so it may be a good idea to stick to that framework for Rankings in the PoC (And as sad as it may be, a blatant example is Kubrick54 who didn't post in for year and as I know him probably won't much anymore - no offense Alex if you reading this - and only was included in Gutstikk's PoC Campaign because I pressured him to, lol).

However I like the "Civilian" entry proposed by Moc65 for the Saimm-Hann Poc. May be an incentive for members to at least get a minimal ranking with only a few post: I know, as I am more a lurker than a poster, so my post count rise only slowly. ;)

So, for the nominates I'd say either Gwaihir or f.desrochers.

Lets hear what others thinks about it (maybe letting this brewing for a little while), including people that feel concerned/interested on the outcome but not necessarily involved in the Iyanden Poc themselves.

Starky

Note: Just notice how the yellow now does justice (before it was unreadable) to Iyanden with the all new and shinny grey background. 8)

Join the POC: Craftworld Iyanden - The Ghost Warriors

Quote from: Farceseer Siranaul
Yes you are being dense.