News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Need a 1500 point Necron army list...  (Read 3844 times)

Offline Destroyer

• I'm a llama!
Need a 1500 point Necron army list...
« on: January 8, 2003, 11:09:41 PM »
read the title.i was thinkin

necron lord(all that stuff thats good with warsyth)

24 warriors

6 scarb swarms

3 destroyers

1 h. destroyer

6 immortals

1 night bringer

well what do u think?

Offline klardom

• Coffee: That which gives substance to life.
Re:Need a 1500 point Necron army list...
« Reply #1 on: January 8, 2003, 11:34:06 PM »
try posting in the Necron forum here

http://www.40k.ca/community/index.php?board=31

you'll probly get better results that way, and thats where it goes anyways.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Offline Moonsinger

• The Cause of Priapism | Meanie!
  • Ancient
    • KFD-Comics
« Reply #2 on: January 9, 2003, 03:40:00 PM »
Necron armies should always be at 2000 or higher.
Put in like 2 Troop choices more (twelve in each and disruption feilds but i think you have done that with your other troops) and some more wargear about 20 or some other stuffs and you get a healthy 2000 pts army *smiles*
Dwarf Females <3
Priapism is considered a medical emergency, which should receive proper treatment by qualified medical people

Callidus

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2003, 01:00:40 AM »
Why should Necrons always be in 2000pts games or higher? I have fielded many 1000pt and 700pts armies in tournies and have won many battles with them.
And, the only thing i can think of to change in that list is more Warriors, but that my personal prefence.  Give the Lord a R orb and VoD and stick him with the Immortals. Give your Scarbs D fields, but don't give your Warriors D fields. They already have Gauss weapons, and they will very rarely get into CC with a vehicle so they don't need them.

Offline Samdan

• Cowboy, baby!
  • Ancient
  • Head... hurts... OH GOD! THE IDIOCY!
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2003, 09:13:44 AM »
go with C'tan man... also id say ditch the NB.  he is way too many pts for only 1500.  for the cost of JUST the NB, you can field 20 warriors.  also the warriors will prevent you from phasing out... the NB wont.  there is a very famous anti necron saying:
"in games under 2000 pts, necrons will always fall due to the necrons using a C'tan."  not many people ive seen actually USE C'tan, but the whole point is that if your playing 1500, even the deciever would be 1/5 of your army.  as i said before, the NB might help you win in certain situations, but more warriors will help you not lose.  and there IS a big difference between the two.
Quote from: Barr'El O'Rum
You'd be a good man Lom, if it weren't for the dead kittens and shrunken heads of the elderly that you keep in the glovebox of your car.

Offline Fuegan

• Death to those who oppose us!
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2003, 10:04:15 AM »
heres my list

HQ
lord destroyer body, SoL, res orb, phylactery, GoFlame
nightbringer

Troops
10 warriors
10 warriors

Fast attack
4 destroyers
2 wraiths
5 scarab bases

Heavy support
Monolith

Tactics
have the wraiths accompany the lord and put them on one flank and the 4 destroyers on the other flank and put the nightbringer in the middle.  As the nightbringer mover up the table your opponent will concentrate on it and forget about the lord and wraiths and destroyers until its too late and there in assault range.  Have the scarabs race up the middle and one squad of troops move and get the other squad of warriors to hide.  The monolith should deepstrike in the middle of the table so that if the destroyers and the lord and wraiths get into alot of trouble they can be pulled back and also be covered by the monoliths firing so they can group together and charge up the middle cause its likely your opponents main forces will be in combat with the nightbringer or out at the flanks so it will take them 2 moves to regroup with the rest of there force.

hope this helps.
over the white cliffs of Dover there is a lovely beach 300 meters below which can be reached in 3.2 seconds.

Ulthwe Strike force   wins:7    draws:0    loss:1

Wood Elves             wins:7    draws:1     loss:4

Chaos                     win:1     draws:0     loss:3

Please visit my site at www.craftworld.s5.c om

Callidus

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2003, 07:04:32 PM »
Have you ever played with that list Fuegan? I think you would loose quite easily. You would phase out after the enemy takes out your Warriors, Destroyers, Wraiths and Lord. That is quite an easy task in 1500pt games, maybe 4 turns for an experianced player. Also if the enmey is really manuverable, like Eldar, they could just avoid you for most of the time and then get into HtH with you Warriors, and you'd be messed.

Offline Samdan

• Cowboy, baby!
  • Ancient
  • Head... hurts... OH GOD! THE IDIOCY!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2003, 08:25:28 PM »
C'tan man is right... in 1500 pts you need more than 20 warriors.  right now if you were to lose your warriors you would lose by phase out.  unless i missed my count, you have 27 necrons.  divide that by 24 and you get 6.75, which im pretty sure would get rounded up to 7, your phase out number.  this is what i would do if i were you:
i would ditch the nightbringer... listen to me on this one.  the NB may seem good but he is known by another name: the black hole of pts.  he sucks up nearly 1/4 of your army.  ditch him and heres what you should do with the remaining 360:  i would take 6 immortals and 11 more warriors.  this would raise your necron count to 44 necrons.  which takes your phase out number to 11.  thats not too bad at all.  sure doing this will take you 6 pts over, but you are currently 3 pts under, so you will only be 3 pts over 1500.
Quote from: Barr'El O'Rum
You'd be a good man Lom, if it weren't for the dead kittens and shrunken heads of the elderly that you keep in the glovebox of your car.

Offline ShadowX

• Life is a privilege. Death is your right.
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2003, 01:10:44 AM »
His tactics were to hide one of those 10 man warrior squads behind a hill/bunker/etc.  Which means he wouldn't ever phase out, unless someone got some troops around behind him, or deepstrikes in (not likely).

I agree with the fact that it's not a good list at all, and built to take advantage of the rules as they stand.  This is a person I'd only play once.

Xhadow
Aegis insubstantial; before the deluge.

We are already Dead.

Only the Insane have the strength to prosper.  Only those who prosper truly judge what is sane.

I shall become a Blight upon the land.  And everything I touch shall wither and die.

Offline Pinhead

• [Smart statement that changes your view on life]
    • Pinhead's Warhammer 40k Models
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2003, 03:49:21 AM »
You can't give your lord more than 100 points of wargear. Therefore he can't cost more than 200 points.

Remove the nightbringer, IT IS THE DEVIL.

Offline Fuegan

• Death to those who oppose us!
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2003, 06:51:23 AM »
I would never take immortals cause they suck so much ass and I said I would put the monolith in the middle of the table so the squad of warriors that are hiding ever get into combat by a unit that deepstrikes or somethin they teleport up to the monolith.  I might switch the nightbringer for another 20 troops.
over the white cliffs of Dover there is a lovely beach 300 meters below which can be reached in 3.2 seconds.

Ulthwe Strike force   wins:7    draws:0    loss:1

Wood Elves             wins:7    draws:1     loss:4

Chaos                     win:1     draws:0     loss:3

Please visit my site at www.craftworld.s5.c om

Offline Anubis

• Necron Wraiths are sooooooo cool!!!
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2003, 02:41:03 PM »
You can't give your lord more than 100 points of wargear. Therefore he can't cost more than 200 points.

Yes you can... The Warscythe doesn't count towards your 100 points on wargear maximum.  

Anyway, everyone else is correct: more Necron units will win you the game, not a single Nightbringer. I've seen already quite some players out there who use sniperrifles to take him out turn one or two...

Cheers!