News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Conflict Vancouver: What did you think?  (Read 405 times)

Offline Warlock Mischel

• It's GO TIME!!!
Conflict Vancouver: What did you think?
« on: August 21, 2005, 12:09:07 AM »
Hey guys.  I went to conflict Vancouver today and it was pretty amazing.  I did not sign up in time for the ascension to power and mad grox, but it was still fun.  We managed to get my friends brother a 7 man squad of (old edition) nurgle marines from the painting table.  Now he has a sizable army due to buying the chaos battle force, a box of chaos spacemarines, the 7 man nurgle squad and his other heavy supports at home.  So... what did you guys think?

Warlock Mischel
Eldar: 1500 Points
Eldar Summary Battle Report:
Eldar: 3/0/1
Current Victory Over: Chaos (1000)
Mission: Seek & Destroy
Level: Gamma (without Nightfight)
Result: Victorius Slaughter (Opponent forfeited)
Quote of the battle:  How the **** did your Spiders kill my Rhino! 
2nd Quote of the Battle: You blew up my Dread and Pred in one turn...

Offline Xodiac

• Infinity Circuit
  • For there is nothing new under the sun
Re: Conflict Vancouver: What did you think?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 12:53:31 AM »
I've never been to a major event like that. In Brisbane the biggest thing is a bunch of gamers at a competition and there's some prizes for army winners or best painted army, etc...

What happens at these major events? There seems to be modelling and painting comps there on the spot and lots of other things other than just playing games.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread, I'm just hoping that when people reply, responding to what they thought of it, they could chuck in some details for those of us who have no clue.
What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.                      -Ecclesiastes 1:9

Offline Federal Hero

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 01:20:23 AM »
Conflict Van Cit was pretty ok. Didn't get to sign up for mad groz or whatever it was called either but it was still fun. Got some kick ass chaos space marine sprues and played a few games with some complete strangers. Made new friends, had a little chit chat, ate, looked, painted, fought.......all in all it wasn't bad at all. :) But for net year they have got to get more spaces (and more sprues  :D )for the mad grox. 
"Make Love, Not Babies"

Offline Kiarstill

• The Forgotten Heroes
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 08:02:09 PM »
I thought it was great. Ha, my eldar were dominating on that city fight board.

I didnt sign up for mad grox or ascention to power, but some people didnt show who did register so i got in anyway :). I made the best ascention to power model.... Cold one + Tyranid warrior body for torso, rending claws, and 3 WARRIOR HEADS! ;D. That thing rocked, I cant wait to give it rules using creature feature rules ;).

No Phoenix's in stock, so I didnt get one. Didnt want to pay for shipping. But I did get a new box of plastic Plaque Monks for my skaven... they will help me lots.

Definatly going next year... maybe convince our club to run a table as there was nothing but mega-battles. Gotta have something else too :). (or more than one Fantasy table lol)

Offline Warlock Mischel

• It's GO TIME!!!
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2005, 10:49:15 PM »
Oh hey.  I think I saw you playing cityfight.  You were playing with your yellow and black eldar.  Too bad your Warp Spiders got killed by a lictor.  How did your swooping hawks do?
Eldar: 1500 Points
Eldar Summary Battle Report:
Eldar: 3/0/1
Current Victory Over: Chaos (1000)
Mission: Seek & Destroy
Level: Gamma (without Nightfight)
Result: Victorius Slaughter (Opponent forfeited)
Quote of the battle:  How the **** did your Spiders kill my Rhino! 
2nd Quote of the Battle: You blew up my Dread and Pred in one turn...

Offline Kiarstill

• The Forgotten Heroes
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2005, 02:13:59 AM »
Heh, yup that was me ;D. Stupid lictor, I figured he would drop it by the hawks on the building and my exarch would execute it. That didn't quite work out... nothing ever does lol.

Yea those Hawks didnt do much, just sat up there. I flew up some aspect units and plugged up the building. Silly gaunts thought they could get by my scorpions. They wont do that again I'm sure.

The end was nerve racking though, the carnifex was storming up the building at my aspect warriors who were shaking in their boots, mostly cuz it would have caused the building to shake with every step ;). My falcon and waveserpents followed it up from outside shooting at it through the windows trying to bring it down. It didn't happen, but it never made it to the top so I ended up winning.

Lessons learned: City fight terrain rocks! ;D I want some... a lot of it.