News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ok, can I just say something?  (Read 961 times)

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
Re: Ok, can I just say something?
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2003, 09:53:00 PM »
I like teh fact that it's like this:

*mothe walks in and finds 5 year old son watching Pulp Fiction*
Mother: HOLY SH*T!"
*changes channel to CNN*
TV: And today in Iraq American soldiers opened fire on a large group of Iraqi protesters killing 2 and wounding many more
*pictures of people lying dead on street and wounded being dragged away*
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Helmed Horror

• Let the sunshine In!
  • It appears I can't escape
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2003, 06:53:34 AM »
I like teh fact that it's like this:

*mothe walks in and finds 5 year old son watching Pulp Fiction*
Mother: HOLY SH*T!"
*changes channel to CNN*
TV: And today in Iraq American soldiers opened fire on a large group of Iraqi protesters killing 2 and wounding many more
*pictures of people lying dead on street and wounded being dragged away*

That's America for you...

Just a thought, one could say taht they do teach people to kill. I mean the U.S (and probably others) army uses games to help teach the soldiers (and I could now go on to do a whole sales pitch about the up coming game, Full Spectrum Warrior, for XBox but I have a Gamecube. Nuff said). But then of course these just teach tactics...
Formerly Dark Sun, a long time ago.

Offline Seer Fox

• The Cause of Cancer, Chernobyl and Multiple Orgasms
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • No. I'm not keeping the girl.
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2003, 11:56:26 PM »
Meh, I suppose its a good idea using computer games to teach the military to use tactics and so forth; the only real problems would probably be:

a) Make them think active warfare was just a game (Only the idiots really apply) and so it de-sensitises them greatly too masacring everyone, maybe it won't even teach them tactics as that can be done through other methods; someone already must have a mind capable of understanding tactics in order to use them.

b) If they cheat in the game.

(They're in the warzone, Private Biggs runs into all the enemy)

Private Wedge: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING BIGGS?!!!!!

Private Biggs: It's okay, I've fixed it so I'm Invunerable and have infinte ammo! *BLAM!* *Thunk*
Well I'm not going to quote anything, so...I'll have to hunt down my old sig again.

How bothersome.

Offline Helmed Horror

• Let the sunshine In!
  • It appears I can't escape
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2003, 05:35:41 AM »
Meh, I suppose its a good idea using computer games to teach the military to use tactics and so forth; the only real problems would probably be:

a) Make them think active warfare was just a game (Only the idiots really apply) and so it de-sensitises them greatly too masacring everyone, maybe it won't even teach them tactics as that can be done through other methods; someone already must have a mind capable of understanding tactics in order to use them.

b) If they cheat in the game.

(They're in the warzone, Private Biggs runs into all the enemy)

Private Wedge: WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING BIGGS?!!!!!

Private Biggs: It's okay, I've fixed it so I'm Invunerable and have infinte ammo! *BLAM!* *Thunk*

Yeah. That and they could also just kill as many people as they wanted, as it wouldn't matter (however no doubt they could get anybody that did it off the hook). However anybody that plays games has to go around killing people (in teh game mind) at least once. Great stress reliever.
Formerly Dark Sun, a long time ago.

Offline Adkjfhaskljdgflaksj

• With me, it's instant chummy.
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2003, 08:05:20 PM »
All those people that go out and do killing sprees and what-not wouldn't be able to kill all those people unless they could dehumanize the ones they are killing. If they started to think about the person's friends and family they could never do it. you've heard the thing in I think it was the columbine shooting where one of the shooters told all the jocks to stand up then opened fire. He did that because he was teased by them which made the shooter not think of them as people anymore. Also there is evidence how the american army called the enemy gooks and what-not, just another way to keep your mind off of the person you have to kill.