News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Alpha Legion and Renegade Project *Pic Heavy* Update: Moved to a New Location  (Read 17973 times)

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
Well I got some new forces finished and bought some reinforcements at the recent yard sale held at the Battle Bunker.......

First off I got some old metal Chaos Cultist models, and amassed enough to make a good size squad of 24 models. I plan on using them as Conscripts in my Rebel forces.

Here is an update on my Rebel Malcador. I am nearly done now, I am working on a few extra bits and details. I hope to have it done this week. Super Heavy Support for my rebel forces!

My newest Alpha Legion force completed! After reading LEGION, I started thinking about how to make a fun cool looking "Stealth Squad". Well I decided that the black/blue scheme was nice, but I needed something different, so I chose to put the squad in enemy disguise. The squad counts as a Chosen CSM Squad, and I disguised the unit as a Inq Ordo Xeno Deathwatch Salamanders Squad. So what do you think? Convincing? ;)

Another recently completed unit is my Alpha Legion Obliterators. This unit is made up of older edition Oblits, but its just as effective on the battlefield. I gave them a bit of a Borg/Servitor look and weathered their armor a lot to look very worn and old.

Finally the promised reinforcements! The Grey Death Legion is about to DOUBLE in size! One of the best deals I found at the bunker was gathering nearly 25 more Plague Marines for $25! Adding on some more PMs I got from a friend....here is the result of my dealings! The plan right now is to build up the GDL to a 2500 Point force and bring it to next years Ard'Boyz tourny! ;)

In addition to bringing up two of my current squads to 11 models deep, I am adding 2 new PM Squads to the army. 4 More Plasma Rifles for the 2 squads.
1st New PM Squad

2nd New PM Squad

Finally another fun experiment for the force will be a Nurgle Chosen Squad. While expensive in points, 2 Plasma Rifles and 3 Meltaguns will make the unit worthy of taking, and making them Nurgle Marked will fit the theme of the army! :)

Most of the models are now primed an ready for painting, I will post pics of the new forces when I have made some progress on them. I have also finished the troops from the 3rd Rebel Platoon, but I still need to work on the Heavy Bolter Teams. With the new IG codex coming, I want to get the whole army done soon, so I can have a finished force when the new dex hits the shelves.

That is all for now....See You Next Time!
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
A Small but BIG Update tonight! Santa Abaddon has seen me as worthy of owning a FW Greater Daemon.....I give you....

An'ggrath Has Arrived!

Meanwhile I have taken some time to start painting the Subjugator now....Soon the Forces of Chaos will have a new Scout Titan Daemon Engine on the battlefield! ;)

"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Offline Caveman

An'ggrath! Let the Blood start flowing, I can't wait to see him fully painted its going to be awesome, I really like the way your Subjugator is coming along.
"I have to be able to sacrifice what I am for the sake of what I will become.”

"When a warrior of light tries to extinguish the darkness, he becomes seduced by it, becoming the thing he despises, he becomes the hated."

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
With the help of the new washes An'ggrath is coming along real well. The Subjugator is WIP for the most part, I'm making up the color scheme as I go one color at the time, I don't really have a plan for it, and I still need to prime the legs.

Offline Meatshield

• Bloodpact+Civilians = Rivers of Blood
I've never seen a 40k scale subjugator titan before. Did you make that from only a defiler kit, a bit of plasticard, and some Leman russ parts? Whatever you did, its quite impressive and intimidating.

Every time that titan destroys something, you should yell out "SUBJUGATED!!!" or something like that.  ;D

I love your guard army as it is very well done. Its always a pleasure to see a chaos army that is not just a another chaos marine force. Don't get me wrong though, your chaos marines are cool as well.

Good luck on that Daemon Lord. May all of the damned releasing agent have been washed away.

-Meatshield   
When in deadly danger,
When beset by doubt,
Run in little circles,
Wave your arms and shout.

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
I've never seen a 40k scale subjugator titan before. Did you make that from only a defiler kit, a bit of plasticard, and some Leman russ parts? Whatever you did, its quite impressive and intimidating.

Yes that exactly what I used....1 Defiler Kits and a few bits. Did a little research on how to work the legs and I was off to building....It was a mad project that I got obsessed with over a weekend and it turned out real great. I'm thinking about building another version of the same mech in the future, the Slaanesh Questor I think its called. Although GW doesn't have a datasheet for it, I can work something out for it....

Every time that titan destroys something, you should yell out "SUBJUGATED!!!" or something like that.  ;D

Heh Heh Heh! Most of my friends know when the Subjugator pops a Baneblade class tank...although the last time I used her my friend got wise to my ways....and basically jammed the business end of the Baneblade cannon right into the Subjugator and blew it off the table....Man that hurt! :(

I love your guard army as it is very well done. Its always a pleasure to see a chaos army that is not just a another chaos marine force. Don't get me wrong though, your chaos marines are cool as well.

Heh! Thanks, I'm trying to make a force the encompass as much of chaos as I can into the whole army. Even the forces of Chaos are somewhat like the imperials when it comes to Marines and IG types....The 1 year anniversary of this blog is coming up, and I'm in the works with a member of another big time forum to have a full scale massive battle with my entire fully painted force soon....40KOnline vs Bell of Lost Souls Challenge! ;)

Offline WarpWhisperer

• I'm Alpharius
    • The Serpent's Lair - An Alpha Legion Forum
Nice to see your forces swell; looking forward to seeing some painting love for the cultists!

"I encourage my men to explore the philosophy of bloodshed; to understand the intellectual structure that informs their killing" 'Alpharius', Legion

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
With the new Blog System coming online. I think I'll save the new stuff I have finished for when I am able to get a new blog set up here. Along with all the stuff posted here, I have finished my Alpha Jump Lord recently, and have advanced the work on An'ggrath and the Subjugator. Since I have broken off the my Deathguard/Grey Death Legion force from this project I will be adding more pics to that other project post later on. I am work on my second DG Chosen Squad now, and a Predator for 3K goodness! ;)

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
Well its been a good while, and the Blog system is still being worked on....so I thought I would post a quick update to the army. Recently I've been busy with a lot of different projects, so I haven't had the chance to give my Chaos forces my full attention. I was still able to get my Slannesh Subjugator finished! WOO HOO!! So here are some pics of my finished Subjugator, a very cool and unique Apocalypse Titan......

If you don't know what a Subjugator is, check out Epic, or the GW Site in the Online Apocalypse Datasheet area, there is a file on this titan there....

Isn't that one Sexy Titan! ;)

Subjugator vs Stompa....Who do you think wins this?

Offline dakota

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
looking good and some really nice matched terain in the backgrounds too.

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
The Subjugator Project is complete! WOO HOO!! It's finally home on a base and ready to dish the damage out! I call this...."Who's Laughing Now Clown!"

Offline Chosen Man

• Ancient
Well after almost a year and a half of fun and games....I have chosen to move my project to a blog I created back in May....so if anyone is interested in following my further adventures feel free to check out my new blog....See you there!  :)

http://arkosalphalegion.blogspot.com/