News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Seeding Swarms and Deep Strike Clarification  (Read 2929 times)

Offline Remalis

• Million to One odds occur Nine times out of Ten...
Seeding Swarms and Deep Strike Clarification
« on: July 16, 2002, 12:14:10 AM »
Just have a couple of questions in regards to the topic.

Firstly, I understand that Seeding Swarms are the updated list to the Mycetic Spore rules in the BBB. I have found them on the web, but where do I find them in Literature??
(And if in WD, the # for AUS edition if anyone knows it.)

Second question is about Deep strike.

In the BBB,in terms of deployment, all it says is approx  "Land anywhere on the board, scatter 2D6 inches, units scattering off the board are destroyed."

Now reading some posts on EO, people have mentioned landing within 1" of the enemy(or on top of) means deep strike unit is also destroyed.

Can somone please point me in the right direction about this. Is there a further source for this info or is it something implicit or explicit in the rules I am missing.

Thanks.

By perfection of thine art,
pass'd for human
thine own heart

Offline RedTwo

• Conversion Exarch
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re:Seeding Swarms and Deep Strike Clarification
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2002, 01:02:29 AM »
Second question is about Deep strike.

In the BBB,in terms of deployment, all it says is approx  "Land anywhere on the board, scatter 2D6 inches, units scattering off the board are destroyed."

Now reading some posts on EO, people have mentioned landing within 1" of the enemy(or on top of) means deep strike unit is also destroyed.

Can somone please point me in the right direction about this. Is there a further source for this info or is it something implicit or explicit in the rules I am missing.

Thanks.

It's a combination of two rules.  The first rule is that models may not be closer than 1" to enemy models unless in the assault phase.  The second rule is that all deep striking models must be able to fit under the 5" template when they deep strike.  Any model that can not meet BOTH conditions is lost.  So, you do not neccessarily loose the whole unit.  Any models that can be placed under the template and still be 1" any from all enemy models deploys with out incident.
Over specialization builds in weakness.

Offline Remalis

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2002, 01:15:15 AM »
Ahh!!  Thank you. That clears it up.

I guess the 5" template  also limits the size of broods to "reasonable" numbers (also more smaller broods have a better chance of coming out of reseves then 1 big one)

Thanks again Red Two, tis appreciated.
pass'd for human
thine own heart

Offline Hivemind

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2002, 01:01:48 AM »
The seedling swarm rules can be found in WD 255 (US).  Its the first of the 2 WD issues with the vampire counts on the cover.
The Tyranids are the most rapidly evolving race in the galaxy.  They are super-predators destined to hunt all others to extinction.

Offline Remalis

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2002, 09:40:14 PM »

Thank you Hivemind. I should be able to track down the US copy here, or at the  least, I know roughly where to look for the Aus issue.  

Thanks again.  :D
pass'd for human
thine own heart