News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Clan Saim-Lucster (1750pts - competitive Craftworld) (new Battle 26 May 09)  (Read 14516 times)

Offline ImmortalHunter

• Fear the Psyker, kill the mutant!
Hrmmm maybe some bikers instead, scout bikers have the wonderful cluster mines rule that is nasty as hell...

Offline SMVaughn

• "I am and always shall be your friend." - LN
  • Armies: Space Marines, Dark Angels, Eldar, Chaos Marines
The biker models never really impressed me. And my conversion skills are still quite low to take on a conversion biker team project. Although the prospect does intrigue me I have investigated some possibilities.

Cheers

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
Get a couple flamers for the ass-marines... use them better... and they are a solid choice...

I will play you using my Space Marines some time, and show you how they work better, or watch a couple games where others use them, and you will see.

30+ attacks on the charge, after some flamer and pistol action... is actually very brutal vs almost anything you face.... the key is to learn how to move 12... shoot... and still be in a good assault possition.

Cheers.
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline SMVaughn

• "I am and always shall be your friend." - LN
  • Armies: Space Marines, Dark Angels, Eldar, Chaos Marines
Moving them 12, shooting and still assaulting is my problem with them. Hence the need to sideline them to better learn how to use the terrain better.

Flammers you say, well I did consider it for the game, however as also mentioned my ability to get more then a turn of moving with them is my problem. That and using terrain effectivly to slow my opponent and keep my speed.

I do agree that they are solid. Just not by me. But... it is all learning and finding what works for me. In time I shall. Need more beatings and more time to receive beatings to get the "knack" of it down.

Offline Tauir - "The Shadow"

• Infinity Circuit
  • I'm back
Very good report (as always Moc), and very solid gameplay on both sides. Being a bit too agressive on your first few turns Vaughn may have made you a bit open to Wildrider reprisals, but still, it's a very nasty list Moc runs (as many have found out to their dismay).

Still, not sure what else you coulda done, so if that's comforting.

Oh yes, did you really need to post the casualty counts at the end Moc?  ;)
Whoa there.

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
Its part of the brutality of the Saim-Hann; but I guess that I could have skipped rubbing his nose in it.. Oh wait, he said that his main goal was to go 5 full turns without being wiped out... And he did that... He even kept the score close for most of the game.... as a 5th turn ending would have made it pretty close....

CaHG

Offline Amaya

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Nice batreps.  Any chance of facing a Sisters player sometime?

Offline moc065

• Ancient
    • klucas.piczo.com
I can usually scoot and shoot SOB's but I'll try and get a proper Batrep for you.

On a side note, the list I used has had a second rating done... so here it is

1.5-redundancy. Every unit in this list is capable of at least glancing armor 14. In addition they can all cause damage to infantry units. With flamers, blast weapons, or twin linked shots, many units having multiple of the above. Finally it has just enough high ap to put a dent in nidzilla type lists. The only thing it lacks is truly effective ranged firepower.

1.0-Hand to hand ability. This list features a jet council, one of the best hand to hand units in the game. But that’s it. There is nothing else in this army capable of threatening MEQs in hand to hand. However a death star unit like that can kill just about anything.

1.5-Ranged ability. A list like this could win the ranged war just by staying out of hand to hand as long as possible. So while the firepower is average it has a lot of it across the army, and multiple units are capable of hurting different things. Rhino rush would have trouble getting to grips with this army. Finally the council can tarpit a decent portion of the army long enough for the other parts to get shot up.

2.0-Speed. Not much needs to be said here. Everything is either in a fast skimmer or on a bike.

1.0-toughness. This list relies strictly on speed and fortune to stay alive. I can see it working theoretically, but on the table top I cant see this list surviving many games without decent losses. The reserve game is its best bet for not getting shot to hell quickly. And that council isn’t very tough without fortune. Without an alpha strike working I cant see this list doing well, and it will struggle to stand up in an attrition game. Once again speed is its best asset.

1.5-disruption. Fast armies are always difficult to play against, as its hard to dictate where the battles will be fought. The ability of the bike units to do the tau shuffle is another advantage. While not a true disruption list I feel that there would be little you could plan against when playing against this army. In addition the reserve game gives this list an advantage. Finally RoWard are a great way to shut down psykers, either preventing powers and causing wounds or making people scared to cast powers. 
Overall

3.0-objectives. This army has the speed to be able to contest all kinds of objectives. It also has the ability to play the flank rush game. I can see someone using this army to decimate one flank, and then simply contest the other. Finally it can relocate quickly, causing your opponent to dedicate everything to one part of the table, and then it flies over to the other bits and takes the objectives there. The good old 4 objectives contested 1 taken trick comes to mind with this list. However many of its troops are rather squishy. Once on an objective they better either be out of range of getting hurt or pray for bad dice rolls.

2.5-Killing. A lot of this armies killing power comes from that council. It is not an aggressive list by design, and not what you play for tabling with. Its best strength in killing is the ability to stop and enemy by busting up their transports and then staying at range. But if you play for wipe out with this list you are doing something wrong.

14/20-this army will be solid in the hands of a very skilled player, but a beginner either to the list or the game would be amphetamine parrot stomped for running this. Finally I think it might struggle against some of the faster marine type lists, or horde armies.

Thanks Eidolon for that honest rating, and I hope you know that your rating system (and you) will be getting used in the future (thanks in advance)...

Cheers
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 01:33:33 PM by moc065 »