News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Final Game of Thrones Seasons speculation *** Spoilers... duh! ***  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
So, we're two episodes in to the final season of Game of Thrones.  How does everyone think it is going to end?

Personally, with how they have the Army of the Dead already reaching Winterfell, I'm starting to think that they manage to defeat the White Walkers in the next episode or two, but then fall to infighting.  The first book is called A Song of Fire and Ice, and the Red Lady said that, by bringing John and Danaerys together, she has brought Ice and Fire together.

I am thinking that how this is going to end is, that once the dead are defeated, John and Danaerys start fighting to either rule the Seven Kingdoms, or to allow the Kingdoms the freedom to rule themselves.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
Re: Final Game of Thrones Seasons speculation *** Spoilers... duh! ***
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2019, 06:39:14 AM »
I think we're going to see a big battle next episode, and we'll have aftermath about mortal concerns afterwards. I see two potential paths forward:
1) Daenerys and Jon marry and unite the seven kingdoms, beating back various foes (Cersei, Euron, etc) in the process.
2) A civil war leaves Daenerys (and possibly Jon) dead, and the unified Westeros that has existed for hundreds of years since Aegon the conqueror goes back to being several independent nations.

I think #2 is more interesting! I like that the show seems to be gearing up not to end just when the White Walkers are dead, but to handle the political and military aftermath.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2019, 10:32:05 PM »
My guess is that they loose the battle of Winterfell, and the survivors have to retreat south and team up with the golden company and Kings landing to beat the night King.

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2019, 01:10:03 AM »
Many options.

Winterfell holds but at great cost (such death, much angst). Night King killed along with Jon (who's also been killed before) who assumes power over the deadites and uses that as a final bludgeon against King's Landing. Jon dies/goes out quietly leaving his Aunt to take over as the Deadites crumble into snowflakes.

Winterfell falls and now it's a case of all hands on deck (such death, much angst). Heroics everywhere, dragons, magic, and generally NOT GOING QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT (much death, lots of angst).

Option 3 - After much death, great angst, huge CGI - the Night King accepts that finally the Kingdoms have someone worthy to lead them and gives up willingly with his army collapsing as their duty has been done. This also works if the sense of betrayal is established and forgiven amongst the participants. Jamie, Night King, Dany, etc.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 01:11:45 AM by The GrimSqueaker »
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2019, 12:26:43 PM »
So that latest episode eh?  :o

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2019, 03:21:34 PM »
So that latest episode eh?  :o
I'm going to say.... Caaaaaaaallllllllllled it!
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.