News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Looshkin's Terrorgheist Diorama  (Read 4855 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Looshkin's Terrorgheist Diorama
« Reply #20 on: February 5, 2016, 12:34:25 PM »
This thing is legendary! Awesome job man I love your color application its so smooth and the colors are really vibrant. All the little touches like the busted up wood, the map, presents and all the gore are just phenomenal. Really nailed this thing man congrats!

Sucks about the voting procedures, it really makes no sense. If you're gonna have a competition get some proper judges its really not that hard to get a handful of people not participating to vote. Its especially important to do so when people are really putting in the effort like you did Loosh.

Anyway man congrats on a killer piece. Can't wait to see what you've cooked up next. Cheers man and good luck I hope you win!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #21 on: February 5, 2016, 09:21:47 PM »
Well in my eyes you've created a master piece. In modeling, painting cohesion, conversion work and the idea is a majorly fantastic concept. So, I will remain very optimistic that you will do great in the comp. Good luck to you.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #22 on: February 6, 2016, 12:22:29 PM »
Well, I have news.

Disappointingly, only 6 people presented their models at the store. 1 of the staff members hadn't been able to complete his minis due to a bad neck, and the others had decided that they wouldn't enter unless more people attended. As such, it was a sparse showing. Fortunately, the edict that you had to letterbox each mini into 1 category was lifted, and you were able to vote on which mini should win each category.

And...I won Best Painted and Most Gory.

Whoop whoop!

Most gory was a nice bonus, but it was the Best Painted that I was after.

Best converted went to some chaos Tau with tentacle faces and the like, whilst funniest went to a guy that wasn't going to enter, but was a good sport and therefore entered his 5 legged, bright orange, very unfinished Arachnarok.

I totally forgot to get any photos of the other entrants, but my mini is in the display cabinet at GW with the other entrants, so when I pick it up, I'll see if any of the others are there.

First thing that I've won since 1990 (Year 7 English Prize. Boom.)

Thank you everyone for your support and interest in this thread. This project has definitely compelled me to hobby more in 2016. I'll probably being doing a lot of simple models, getting some basing done and things like that, but I'll probably have one or two bigger projects as the year goes on.

Thanks everyone for following this thread!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #23 on: February 7, 2016, 08:07:39 AM »
Hey congrats man! You definitely deserved it. Despite the wonky voting system winning best painted is always very nice. Way to go man, glory is forever!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/