News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Da Krooked Toof Waaagh!!!!  (Read 2282 times)

Offline Radec

• Armies: Chaos Daemons, Genestealer Cults (soon, yess soon)
Da Krooked Toof Waaagh!!!!
« on: March 7, 2015, 10:25:53 AM »
 So, I be startin' me own Waaagh!!! (ah, it's so funny writing this way). Currently I've got (around) 750pts. For this army I plan on getting mostly units that I like fluffwise (which, with orks, is pretty much everything) and ultimately join Waaagh!!! Ghazghkull at 1500 and above. Here's the list:

HQ
1. Boss Badbreff - cybork boy, 'eavy armor, gut shoota + scorcha (combi-scorcha or whatever is is called), attack squig, 'Eadwhoppa's Killchoppa

Elites
1. 7 Tanbustaz - nob, 1xTankhammer, 2 attack squigs, Nob
 Trukk
Troops
1. Boyz - 19 boyz with shootas, 2 big shootas, Nob with powerklaw, gut shoota (twin linked shoota) and bosspole

2. Less but choppier and fastier boyz - 10 slugga boyz, rokkit launcha, Nob with powerklaw
 Trukk - Boarding plankz

Fast Attack
1. Storm boyz - 9 boyz, Nob with powerklaw

749 pts

I plan on getting at least one big unit of Kommandoes with Boss Snikrot and from there expand with sum more regular boyz (the heart and soul of every Waaagh!!!) and eventually a unit of Meganobz in a Wagon. I like the Waaagh!!! Ghazghkull formations so I'll try and make use of them wherever I can (I'm doing the Council of Waaagh!!! at the very least)

I've written (and shouted) Waaagh!!! a total of 9 times in the process of writing this post. WAAAGH!!!

P.S. Fixed the truck entry - it should be tied to the 'bustaz
« Last Edit: March 7, 2015, 02:11:59 PM by Radec »

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: Da Krooked Toof Waaagh!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 7, 2015, 10:29:25 AM »
to me there is not enought Waaagh!!! in this post.

yep that's a totally pointless post, but who cares right? because Waaaght!!!
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 09:43:47 AM »
Let me welcome you to the Way of The Waaagh. The best Ork forum on the www. Let me warn you that I am a card carrying member of the KoS, and am always looking for new members of the kult.

Now that looks like a good and propa start to a good speed freak list  ;D However that large batch of boys needs a ride...  ;)

Now a few pointers for you:
I like the boss, keep him cheap and killy, but I suggest that you just give him a twin link shoota. It is cheaper and twin link is an orks best friend. (unless you already modeled him with something else, then never mind)

As for the trucks, drop the boarding planks, they are worthless in this edition, instead give the truck the reinforced ram. You will find it way more useful to go through terrain instead of around it. If you want to have your trucks do more than just shoot their big shoota, then add in a wreaking ball. This allows your truck to essentially make a CC attack in the shooting phase to kill off those pesky rhinos and chimeras and etc. etc. etc.

AS for the stormboys, I have not used them in this edition, and in last edition I had a very poor opinion of them. Sure, they are some cool looking models, but they don't perform well at all. If you already have the models, then go ahead and use them, let us know you fare. If you haven't got the models, then I suggest buggies converted a little to have rockits instead of big shootas (known as the rockit buggy) these guys are the best. Twin link rockits that are strong enough to kill most armor in the game and can even be used as anti air (twin link 6's are better than just shaking a fist). Not to mention that they don't take LD tests, can outflank, and are fast.

Give that large group of boys a ride, like a Battle Wagon with four rockit launchas and ram (just to keep it cheep) and then your army will be a propa mounted speed freak army. I know you will expand soon, so I suggest the BW to be your next purchase.

As for expanding, make a few pain boys. (pick a boy model, convert the slugga and the choppa to look like docs tools and urty syringe) then paint the clothes white with specks of splattered red and presto pain boy. A pain boy in a big mob of boys is way cheaper and better than eavy armor.

Here is a pic of my bikers. Can you tell which one is the pain boy?

Lastly but most definitely not least:

I invite you to join the Way of The Waagh. Just go to THIS LINK and post that you would like to join. You will be our first new member since the great crash.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:11:22 PM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Radec

• Armies: Chaos Daemons, Genestealer Cults (soon, yess soon)
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 03:30:07 PM »
 Ha! I knew wrekin' balls were a good idea.

I actually own all the models and have just assembled them. Concerning the storm boyz - I could imagine them under-performing due to the exact same problem that I think the entire army is vulnerable to - forcing multiple morale check. I can imagine a scenario when, for example, 7 make it to the enemy squad , 2 die from overwatch, they fail their morale, 2 more die from the nob bashing heads and if someone survives the melee may after wall die from the nob bashing his head. I guess this is not that common, but I think every ork player has had nightmares about this ( or an exploding trukk) at some point in time ;) .

I see your point about the BW - i could make it my next purchase along some more storm boys as I'm planning on getting it sooner or later. The link above is not working, but I'll find the thread and take a look.

Btw, my boss, which I converted slightly on I did a very easy conversion fo the 'eadchoppa's killwhoppa

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 09:28:19 PM »
OK, fixed the link.

As for the mob rules of this latest codex, they "have no gravity"... It can indeed ruin your day. BTW; overwatch does not cause a moral check, but it definitely lessens the number of boys that make it in to CC.  :'(

As for the BW, your shoota boys can still shoot, if it moves only 6" then they hit with regular ballistic skill, and if it moves further then they only fire snap shots, a loss of only one point on the die roll. So it is not that big of a difference. You can still do drive by shootings, and have moving cover as the enemy has to kill the BW before the boys take any casualties. If you take the grot upgrade for the BW it has the "it will not die" rule, (as long as you remember to make the rolls at the end of the turn) and that makes it very hard to kill.

As for the exploding truck, your right. I have found that in most games, turn three is the turn of exploding trucks. So, make sure your dismounted before then. Just remember everything in the ork army is expendable. If they are blowing up your trucks then they are not shooting your boys.

A good strategy is to take on half of their army with all of your army, then wipe out the rest of their army at your leisure. The reason I lose the game (but not the battle) a lot of times is I fail to play to the scenario. Often more concentrated on killing off their entire army. I once lost a game where my opponent had only three models left on the table, (three marines, one of them a sarge) but they were on an objective while I was all over the board but not close enough to contest the objective, with over half my army still functional... DOH! I still like to go for the throat, but often times it costs me the game. Just remember orks never lose.

I look forward to seeing your list develop into a full fledged speed freak army. Just go out and buy lots of red paint now, so you don't run out later. ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak