News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Sixth Plane (Discussion Thread)  (Read 15408 times)

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
Re: The Sixth Plane (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2012, 08:06:50 PM »
It works at a distance or upon touch. You basically suck the life out of someone or something by forming an immaterial connection between yourself and them, using your knowledge of death and the way it takes hold to slowly kill them from the inside. Of course, you'll have to sustain it to actually make someone die, but it will weaken them and strengthen you the longer you maintain the connection.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2012, 03:03:16 PM »
Is the tendril cut, or not?  I would like to know before I act.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2012, 03:52:32 PM »
You have your answer.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2012, 06:22:40 AM »
Sorry for my absence guys. If I'm honest, I was losing interest a bit, but I realised it wasn't fair on the rest of you for me to drop out without a word. From now on I'll stick around and try to keep posting regularly.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2012, 06:47:50 AM »
Thanks for letting us know, Khemri. I'm glad you feel that way (about sticking around).

Is there something you feel the game is lacking?

I'll also take this time to ask everyone else how they are feeling about the game so far, as we have just passed our 100th post. I want to make it clear I have plenty planned for this and this won't be suddenly ending like my last game. If you're enjoying this and are willing to stick it out, I'm prepared to go the whole way. So let me know how you're all finding the game. You've all been doing a great job so far and I am liking your characters and their interactions.

For now though, I need sleep, so I will be updating in about 10 hours.

Offline Killskin

• Wise men wonder while strong men die.
  • Armies: Da Orks
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 06:08:55 PM »
This game is awesome! This is actually my first one and I`m having a great time. I`m going all the way!
"Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death."
    +++ Count Vlad von Carstein +++

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 06:40:20 PM »
It's certainly a fun RP, but I'm a bit listless because I don't really love my character.  I guess that's attributable either to my own failure or to the nature of the RP.  There wasn't much background built into it, and it feels more like I'm driving a robot than playing a role at times.  I mean, our characters have been working together for a few months (I think it was) but we know almost nothing about one another (possibly because the backgrounds of the characters are, by and large, glosses without much depth.

I guess at some level this is true of all RP's, I mean my character, based on what I know of her, would likely have collapsed into a puddle of fear and bewilderment by now.  This wouldn't make for an interesting game, though.  I'll certainly continue because the world seems fun and I enjoy abusing magic that's as vague as what we have (thus why I enjoy playing Mage: The Awakening), but with no prelude and no background in the character creation section I at least can't really play a role rather than a game (if you get what I'm saying).

So yeah, a fun game for sure, but I'm not as into the Roleplaying side of it.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 07:00:07 PM »
This game is awesome! This is actually my first one and I`m having a great time. I`m going all the way!

I'm glad to hear that, thank's Killskin :)

It's certainly a fun RP, but I'm a bit listless because I don't really love my character.  I guess that's attributable either to my own failure or to the nature of the RP.  There wasn't much background built into it, and it feels more like I'm driving a robot than playing a role at times.  I mean, our characters have been working together for a few months (I think it was) but we know almost nothing about one another (possibly because the backgrounds of the characters are, by and large, glosses without much depth.

I guess at some level this is true of all RP's, I mean my character, based on what I know of her, would likely have collapsed into a puddle of fear and bewilderment by now.  This wouldn't make for an interesting game, though.  I'll certainly continue because the world seems fun and I enjoy abusing magic that's as vague as what we have (thus why I enjoy playing Mage: The Awakening), but with no prelude and no background in the character creation section I at least can't really play a role rather than a game (if you get what I'm saying).

So yeah, a fun game for sure, but I'm not as into the Roleplaying side of it.

Azore of Ath-Ron

This I can understand. I am never quite sure how much to put into that side of things. The RPG I ran before my last (until it ended early) was quite heavy on background and resources for the players to work from. Since that didn't really work out too well I tried the opposite with my next two (the shortlived Ork game and this one). I guess its a matter of balance.

I have put a lot of work into this world (The Sixth Plane), but not so much the Earth you all came from. That's a fair complaint.

Well, I guess what I can do to help with that is offer more information. Ask me everything you'd like to know about the world you knew before this one, and over the next few days I'll give you more context to work from. Would that work?

Offline Killskin

« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2012, 08:23:22 PM »
We could always post more info about our characters in this thread for more info other than the short descriptions we gave when we signed up. We could also ask questions about each other`s character`s here.

Just a suggestion.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2012, 11:51:01 PM »
I have to say Saracenar, it is clear there is a whole lot of work into this game. It shows, and I'm enjoying your world.

The only drawback, is our characters. Though that is as much my fault as it is yours. I probably could have put a lot more effort into Shadow then I did. I think I'll spend some time tomorrow figuring out who he is, then the game should be endlessly more fun.

Edit: I spent some time in thought. I do believe I know how Odoacer thinks now. The guild rescued him as a child. Growing up among it's members, he feels that they are his family. He will do anything for the guild, and it return he feels they will do the same for him.

Also, he feels most other things not of the guild are bad. Petty crime, murder, ect. Outside the strict structure of the guild people run rampant. Doing whatever they please. Odoacer feels that is true evil.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 10:39:25 AM by The Nightwalker »

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #50 on: February 9, 2012, 11:12:22 PM »
Soooo, I hope no one has decided to leave 40kO alone for a while because of that period of inaccessibility. With any luck everyone will see this before long.

I'm going to put the game on hold until everyone posts here, to let me know they are back online.

Thanks guys.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2012, 12:41:01 AM »
Hello, I have returned!

Azore of Ath-Ron
"Esprit de Core," 2005

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2012, 12:57:07 AM »
I was actually a bit worried that I might have been the only one with the problems. I'm ready for this to get going!
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2012, 08:10:52 AM »
Nope I'm here. Just having trouble finding time to post more then a line or two from my phone.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2012, 03:49:50 PM »
Yep, still here.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2012, 04:19:40 AM »
Welcome back, all.

With Killskin's post in the game thread, we're ready to go. Updating now.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2012, 11:44:41 PM »
Guys, I'm having a bit of Internet trouble at the moment so I might not be on again for 1-3 days. Hopefully things will sort out sooner than later, but if I am not on, don't worry, I will be back as soon as I can.

Curse you, Big Pond (my Internet provider)!

Offline Killskin

« Reply #57 on: February 29, 2012, 03:52:06 PM »
What can Rascath do? What are his abilities/powers? What exactly does he look like?

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #58 on: February 29, 2012, 10:39:57 PM »
Rascath is an incorporeal fire demon capable of breathing ethereal flames, launching bolts of plasma from his mouth or claws and phasing through objects and entities. He is fast and has vicious claws for offence.

He looks like a large (standing on all fours, he can raise his head to be taller than the average human, and could easily support one as a rider if he wasn't incorporeal) saber-toothed tiger with hoofed feet. He's slightly transparent on account of his incorporeal nature, but has a red-orange tinge to his form.

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
« Reply #59 on: March 3, 2012, 06:10:38 PM »
So...guys, you have a decision to make. You can ask the spirits you've shackled to lead you to Pheth, or just start walking with no particular destination in mind. Either way I have an outcome planned.