News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Star Wars RPG III [Game thread]  (Read 15534 times)

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Death is no respite from War"
    • Behind the lines gaming blog
  • Armies: Tau (Jar'kai Sept);Tanith 1st;Phantine Skyborne IG
Star Wars RPG III [Game thread]
« on: September 13, 2011, 01:48:37 PM »
Hey guys,

Starting up a new semester means a new change at running a star wars RPG. My first one was a fair success and the second one Died down due to the plot never really taking off and troubles in real life. For this game im hoping to use my experience from the first 2 to make this one my best one yet.

Im hoping for around 4-5 players and have decided on one of 2 plots to be determined by popular vote.

First plot:

It is 3 years after the battle of Yavin. Hoth has just happened and the galaxy is entering its darkest time yet. You work for the Twin suns transport services, a small shipping company owned by the Azzameen family. Since becoming a member of their trading family, you along with your crew has started noticing the Azzameen's drive towards the rebellion going from neutral to helpful. Asked to make runs and deliver supplies to various people (as well as the rebellion) throughout the galaxy, you return back to Syned system only to discover the empire has declared you all tratiors and issued warrents for your arrest.....

Second plot:

9 years after the battle of Yavin. Zsinj has fallen and the empire is on the retreat, but from the unknown regions a imperial Grand Adrimal by the name of Thrawn has returned to lead the Empire to victory. Now as the New republic falls on all fronts against this imperial genius, You find yourself stationed on the World of Bystire, a world in the inner rim between the Imperial and New republic lines and the home to a large starfighter base for the New Republic. When Thrawn starts his invasion of the planet, you know that there is no way the base will be able to hold, evacuation is the only way to escape, but at what cost and sacrifice will determine whom lives and whom dies as you make you way to warn the Republic of what is to come and learn a secret that could alter the course of the war...

Past Games

game #1 : The Taglios Campgain
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=207590.0

game #2:  The Cyrus  Campgain
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=211736.0

Players (all slots taken) 

WisdomLS
Khemri.    (depending on plot chosen?, message me if you dont care)
Gunner1116
Jobob
Cortez
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 08:06:13 PM by SwampyTurtle »

Record:                                    W/L/D
Jar'kia Sept:                                  5/6/3
Tanith 1st:                                    2/0/2

my blog:  Behind the Lines gaming

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
  • BLOOD FOR THE ..... emperor?
  • Armies: SM (BA, BT, DA), Orks, Daemons, CSM, GK, IG
Re: Star Wars RPG III interest thread
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 02:14:42 PM »
I enjoyed the other two so put my name down :D

I vote (if we get votes ???) for the second idea as Thrawn is one of the best bad guys ever.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 06:50:35 PM »
I'm interested as well.

My vote goes to the first option, mainly because I'm not all that familiar with the EU but also because I love the concept.

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 07:04:19 PM »
I am definately up for it.

I am fine with either of the two plots, the both seem really interesting.
"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive."

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2011, 11:46:53 PM »
I'll play either one, although I'd rather play the first option due to my lack of knowledge of the events in the Star Wars galaxy following the Galactic Civil War.
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.

Offline Cortez

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 11:55:23 PM »
Think I'll also jump aboard with this one.

Both stories are fine with me. Would prefer the first one though.
Quote from: arah
first thing you dont need to mob opponents as marines. YOU ARE SPACE MARINES DAMNIT MOBBING IS FOR OKRS!!!
Quote from: Starrakatt of the Chortling Chainsaw
Self proclaimed kings - that's three now: Seer Fox, Thalandir, Shloeb... Self proclaimed gods are bigger, meaner and mightier.

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 01:02:03 AM »
Due to popular demand, plot #1 has won for Epd. III.   This one revolves more around a kind of odyessy feel to it then the other adventure. Where as the 2nd choice would be combat orientated, this one is gonna be more scum, lies, and decite. The crew will NOT be required to join the rebellion, but may have several chances throughout the plot to do so. That ultimate choice is up to YOU as individuals. Role playing will be heavly encouraged to account for characters feelings about the galaxy civil war. some may feel the Azzameen family (and by extension you) deserved to be punished for helping the rebellion while others may feel that the rebellion is in the right. In the end, its up to you. By and large, 90% of this campgain will be self drived with the GM, however, certain times in the  game may arise were the Azzameen family calls upon you, their former emplyees to come to their aid or run a mission for them. This will be at the characters choice on what they chose to do.

Azzameen family (your former employers)

Tomaas Azzameen--+--Unknown female
                                              |
                     +--------------+-------------+-------------+
                     |              |             |             |
               Galin Azzameen Emon Azzameen Aeron Azzameen Ace Azzameen

Your Ship:  Syned Dawn  (Various other IDs when smuggling)

Manufacturer  Corellian Engineering Corporation

Product line  YT series

Model  YT-2000

Class  Light freighter

Cost  150,000 credits (new)
45,000 credits (used)

Technical specifications 
Length  29.4 meters
Width  21.6 meters
Height/depth  9.6 meters
Maximum speed (atmosphere)  800 km/h
Hyperdrive rating  Class 2.0
Backup Class 12 
Shielding  Equipped 
Navigation system  Equipped 
Armament  Dual laser cannon turrets (2) 
Crew  4 
Minimum crew  1 
Passengers  7 
Cargo capacity  115 metric tons
 Consumables  3 months

Character creation:

Name:
Race:*
Homeworld: (can be assigned if you dont know any)
Languages spoken: 2 free choices (plus Basic)
Skill:  (Pilot, communications, weapons, demolitions, medic, tech , noble , ect )

*Just a note:  Please for the sake of the game, NO: ewoks, sand people, clones , or Muralukians. While the comdey value of each of these would be funny it wouldnt fit in with the time period or the game itself.

Gear at time of Warrent*:

550 credits (Imperial domination)
x3 medic packs
Street dress
x1 Blaster Pistol

* Anything extra , just ask the GM for permission....
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:56:15 AM by SwampyTurtle »

Offline Cortez

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 01:46:01 AM »
Name: Sho'ana Lanii
Background: Courier, who despises the standard that other Twileks have degraded themselves to, but she is not afraid of using this stereotype if it helps her blend in.

She had a normal childhood with her trader parents on Corellia, but on her 18th birthday, her hab-complex was raided by Imperial Forces in search of a rogue clone unit. In the ensuing battle, her parents were killed, so she fled off-world to forge her way in the galaxy.

On her first assignment, her ship was attacked by bandits. The bandits proceeded to capture her, but just as a bandit was about to tie her down, the bandit's pistol dropped onto the floor next to her, and she proceeded to 'repel' the boarders. After raiding their ship for credits, weapons and supplies, she scuttled it and completed her assignment.

After word of her exploits spread around the courier trade, the Azzameen family promptly hired her, where she further developed her reputation as one of their most reliable contractors.

Race: Twilek (I would have chosen Rancor, but that would be a bit silly :P)
Homeworld: Corellia
Langauges: Basic, Twilek language?
Skill: Weapons and Twilek seduction
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 11:56:29 PM by Cortez »
first thing you dont need to mob opponents as marines. YOU ARE SPACE MARINES DAMNIT MOBBING IS FOR OKRS!!!
Self proclaimed kings - that's three now: Seer Fox, Thalandir, Shloeb... Self proclaimed gods are bigger, meaner and mightier.

Offline Heretek

• General Freyberg | Out, damn'd Grot! | Ork Boy
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 07:28:30 AM »
Name: Fal Bari

Background: When Alderaan was destroyed by the Imperial Death Star three years ago, 18 year old Fal Bari had just left home and signed on with the Twin Suns company, heading out to see the galaxy for the first time in his life. Fal had trained as a starship mechanic at the best school his middle-class parents could afford and his skills got him a berth on the Dawn.

Taking the death of his planet about as well as you would expect, Fal blames the Empire and the Alliance equally for the destruction of his homeworld; the Empire might have killed Alderaan, but the Rebellion got it killed. He wasn't terribly happy when Twin Suns began making runs to help the Rebellion, but didn't speak up. The only home he has left is the ship and the crew are all that passes for a family.

Fal was an all-round pleasant individual prior to everyone he ever knew or loved being annihilated by the Empire, but since then he's become somewhat more depressed. 

Race: Human

Homeworld: Alderaan

Skill: Mechanic

Languages: Basic
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 04:16:41 AM by Khemri. »

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 08:08:19 AM »
I have a couple of character idea's and just wanted to check to see if you had a preferance or didn't want me running either of them due to their races abilities.

1: A barabel - (Large Lizard species) would be a general ship hand and muscle with great loyalty to the family.

2: A Falleen - (Pheromone excuding humanoid) Would be a brash, cocky, pilot type with far more of a neutral outlook on things, who's real loyalty would be to himself (and maybe that attractive twilek over there shaking her leku at him).

Let me know your thoughts and I'll flesh them out.

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 09:31:20 AM »
I have a couple of character idea's and just wanted to check to see if you had a preferance or didn't want me running either of them due to their races abilities.

1: A barabel - (Large Lizard species) would be a general ship hand and muscle with great loyalty to the family.

2: A Falleen - (Pheromone excuding humanoid) Would be a brash, cocky, pilot type with far more of a neutral outlook on things, who's real loyalty would be to himself (and maybe that attractive twilek over there shaking her leku at him).

Let me know your thoughts and I'll flesh them out.

They both sound like very interesting characters. I've made the plot some what opened ended on character development so that pretty much its up to the player to chose on what type of species and character they want to make.  Ive been thinking about Jaden Haltos as a possibly if you wanted to use him but i believe he might be a Imperial political prisoner during this era, if i remember correctly.

i think it be easier from a GM stand point to run the Fallen for typing out language due to their stress on the S's and vowels but it would be interesting to write.  :)

Edit:

Couple of things i forgot to add last night at midnight

Things you may want in your crew:  A noble-ish character capable of talking his way out of things (ship captain?) , a mech (i think Khermi's got it), Courier (Cortez) , a skilled pilot, and copilot (sub skill?) , and maybe some muscle for those whom cause trouble for you.  ;)

also, can you guys whom have posted post up two languagees besides your own that you know or understand.  Certain langauges are understand but unspeakable by other species.   example : humans can understand the wookie language but cannot speak it.   "Basic" will be given to all due to commoness of it being spoken in the galaxy at this time.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:55:01 AM by SwampyTurtle »

Offline Cortez

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 08:48:20 PM »
Seeing as my character is a Twilek, could I possibly expand my skillset into some race-based persuasion? *cough*Twilek Dancer*cough*

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 08:55:19 PM »
Seeing as my character is a Twilek, could I possibly expand my skillset into some race-based persuasion? *cough*Twilek Dancer*cough*

I think it be more deception then persuasion if you were trying to get someone to agreeable with you. If she hasnt been trained in the art of dancing, it might not pass close inspection.  I'll think on it, unless you got something extra in her background you wanna add  :P

Offline Cortez

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2011, 08:59:27 PM »
Well, I didn't mean "dancing" dancing.

You know, just general "female" Twilek persuasion.

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2011, 09:02:47 PM »
Well, I didn't mean "dancing" dancing.

You know, just general "female" Twilek persuasion.

Sure, but i wouldnt could on it to work too much of the time. It's acceptable though  :) ;) :D

Offline Cortez

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2011, 09:08:30 PM »
Added a slight edition to skillset. It's definitely not gonna be a gamebreaker in any case.

Offline Gunner1116

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2011, 10:34:16 PM »
Name:Sael Hirikt

Background:Sael was born on the desert planet of Tatooine. His life was rough from the beginning and he was orphaned at the age of 5 when the sand people attacked his home and killed his parents. He was found by a Mandalorian mercenary who had been tracking the band of sand people.  Astonished that the small child had managed to elude the savages he saw promise in him. He took Sael to his small base of operations on the planet and began to teach him the basics of being a warrior.

After several years of training with meele weapons, in hand to hand combat, and with ranged weapons, he became a force to be reckoned with. At the age of 15 his teacher gave him a simple wooden spear and told him to get revenge on the savages that murdered his family. Sael tracked a small band of sand people, only about 6 of them, and in the night he killed them all. They where larger than him, but he had the element of suprise. He was able to kill all of them. But after he did it he didn't feel any better.

Then the Mandalorian rode up to him on a landspeeder and told him that he had learned one of the tenants of being a good warrior. "That killing isn't glorious, and that warriors shouldn't use their skills out of anger or rashness, but only when it mattered most." Sael took that to heart and when he turned 17 his teacher handed him a blaster pistol as well as a small knife and told him to find something where he could use his skills for the right purpose.

So far his dream wasn't coming true. He was part of a crew that worked for a rebel friendly family, and he hoped that he would soon get the chance to fight the good fight and join the rebellion.

Race:Human

Homeworld:Tatooine

Languages spoken:Basic, Shyriiwook (Wookie), Mandalorian

Skill:Weapons both ranged and meele. Trained in hand-to-hand combat.
"Don't take life too seriously, you'll never make it out alive."

Offline WisdomLS

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2011, 01:34:24 PM »
Sorry for the delay, RL  ::)

Name: Xallonax Ishess
Race: Male Falleen
Languages: Basic, Falleen, Huttese
Skills: Piloting (with persuasion and shooting on the side)

Xallonax was the first son of a powerful Falleen politition and heir to a vast industrial fortune. He was brought up in the lap of luxury and wanted for nothing, with servants to do his bidding and not a care in the world other that enjoying himself.

This all fell apart when a political gamble by his father went badly wrong. He was attempting to disgrace an opponent and sieze power for himself when the target of his machinations managed to turn the tables on him.
Overnight his father became a hunted man, framed for murder and wanted for questioning for various corruption charges.
Knowing he had little time, he packed his wife, their son Xallonax and his two daughters off with his most trusted servants and what small ammount of money he could get his hands on and sent them into exile.

Xallonax never saw his father again, he learnt that he was executed for his crimes and arrest warrents were issued for his mother and himself as conspiritors in his fathers plans.
His mother went into hiding fearing for her families safety but young Xallonax deciding to strike out on his own and see some of the galaxy.
He was a charming young man, with a way with the ladies (like most of his species) and was decent with a blaster but his real talent was for piloting.
Since a young lad he had always felt at home behind the controls of a starship and that was where he wanted to be. Given that he couldn't afford his own anymore he decided to hire himself out.
He had a few jobs as co-pilot and ship hand before he signed on with the Twin Suns. The Azzameen family recognised his talents and soon promoted him to main pilot on the Syned Dawn.

Xallonax or Xall (as he tells people thats his name) is a brash, confident young man with a easy going nature. He's a little naive about life in the harsh galaxy given his sheltered upbringing and is sometimes a little aloof to those he considers beneth himself.
The only time he even shuts up is when the topic turns to his past or childhood where he will try to change the subject or brush off the questions with half truths.
He always has an eye out (and a blaster near to hand) for anyone strange coming to look for him.
He keeps in secret contact with his mother and sisters but rarely sees them.

550 credits (Imperial domination)
x3 medic packs
Street dress
x1 Blaster Pistol

If possible I'd like a few sets of nicer clothes as well, Xall likes to look good  ;)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 01:37:19 PM by WisdomLS »

Offline SwampyTurtle

• Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2011, 03:36:39 PM »
*cheesy Chiss voice from Jedi Outcast *

Why of course, Only the best for master Xall  :D

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Fsteak
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2011, 07:41:47 PM »
Name: Das Ferrell
Race: Human
Languages: Basic, Huttese, and Drallish
Skills: Shooting, with demolitions and piloting as secondary skills.
Background: Ferrell is an ex-Imperial soldier from Corellia. After finishing his service in the military, where he learned demolitions and shooting skills, Ferrell began searching for work, and found it in the service of the Azzameen family as a copilot. Like most other Corellians, Ferrell is a fair pilot, although his passion is gunmanship and marksmanship. Ferrell does not particularly like the Empire, but he is rather unsympathetic to rebel causes, preferring that he and the company he works for stay out of their business. His wife, Tif, on the other hand, is an ardent supporter of the Rebellion. He was very upset when the Azzameens sided with the Rebellion, dragging him down with them.
Play League of Legends? Send me a friend request: IGN: "IRiseAgainstYou" NA server.