News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Warriors of Chaos army list 2000pts.  (Read 3259 times)

Offline The Ecclesiarch

• Be Pure, Be Vigiliant, Obey!
  • Armies: Forces of the Imperium, Da Boyz, CHAOS.
Warriors of Chaos army list 2000pts.
« on: December 19, 2009, 06:18:21 PM »
Is this list any good?

The Kin Slayer Warband.
Lords.
King Lorgar the Fallen, Chaos Lord with Chaos runeshield, Collar of Khorne, Favour of the Gods, Mark of Tzeentch, Sword of might, he rides a Manticore 520pts.

Core.
15 Chaos Warriors with Hand weapons and Shields, Mark of Nurgle, Champion, Musician, Standard bearer 300pts. 

20 Chaos Marauders with Great weapons, Mark of Slaanesh, Marauder chieftain, Musician, Standard bearer 130pts. *

20 Chaos Marauders with Flails, Mark of Slaanesh, Marauder chieftain, Musician, Standard bearer 130pts. *

Special.
5 Chaos Knights with Mark of Nurgle, Musician, Standard bearer with Banner of wrath 305pts.

14 Chosen with Great weapons, Mark of Nurgle, Champion with Blasphemous amulet, Musician, Standard bearer with Festering shroud 410pts. *

Rare.
Hellcannon 205pts.

2000pts.

Just wondering if anyone who has experience using Warriors can let me know if this will work.
+++ Ecclesiastical Proverbs +++
Blasphemy cries out for purgation from the faithful.
Blessed are the war makers.
By Bolter and Flamer we purify the faithless.
Hate sanctifies faith.
Anger and Hatred are mankind's highest virtues.
Let he who would be without sin cast the first grenade.
To be bigoted is human, to be unrepentant of thy bigotry is divine.
Tolerance is ignorance.
+++ Scribe Jack Hanson, Terra +++

Offline Spirit of Kurnous

• Infinity Circuit
Re: Warriors of Chaos army list 2000pts.
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 06:19:42 AM »
why 14 chosen?  not even a 3rd rank.
personally would drop the manticore for more warriors or chose and then put you lord into one of the units on foot (or mounted on a horse).
other than that you have a nice amount of troops etc but no magic defence so may struggle against magic heavy armies so possibly could change the manticore for 2 sorcerers, one with a scroll instead of extra warriors (plus sorcerers do ok in fights anyway)
40k:
Eldar=12000pts
Slaanesh Deamons = 2000pts

Fantasy:
Slaanesh=5000pts      
Wood Elves=6000pts
Slaanesh Deamons = 3000pts
High Elves 3000pts

Offline The Ecclesiarch

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 12:25:29 AM »
With the Chosen i think its doubtful that im going to get into combat with 3 ranks intact so i opted for 14, with the Blasphemous amulet and Festering shroud 10 or so Chosen should be enough to do some damage. The reason why my Lord is on a Manticore is to make use of his Chaos Runeshield and Sword of might in singling out enemy Generals and slaying them in combat...Hmmm...i guess i could go for a Disk instead and have a few scroll caddys, il check the points to see if i can and repost. Thanks so far Kelayatreme.

EDIT

After a bit of revision there is no way i can afford scroll caddys, i could afford one but i think i would rather have no magic what so ever than a half arsed attempt to have magical defence. In view of enemy wizards i reckon this could be a better version than my previous army.

The Kin Slayer Warband.
Lords.
King Lorgar the Fallen, Chaos Lord with Chaos runeshield, Collar of Khorne, Favour of the Gods, Mark of Tzeentch, Sword of might, he rides a Disc of Tzeentch 340pts.

Exalted Hero with Chaos runesword, Mark of Tzeentch, Shield, he rides a Disc of Tzeentch 195pts.

Core.
15 Chaos Warriors with Hand weapons and Shields, Mark of Nurgle, Champion, Musician, Standard bearer 300pts. 

19 Chaos Marauders with Great weapons, Mark of Slaanesh, Marauder chieftain, Musician, Standard bearer 125pts.

19 Chaos Marauders with Flails, Mark of Slaanesh, Marauder chieftain, Musician, Standard bearer 125pts.

Special.
5 Chaos Knights with Mark of Nurgle, Knight champion, Musician, Standard bearer 280pts.

15 Chosen with Great weapons, Mark of Nurgle, Champion with Blasphemous amulet, Musician, Standard bearer with Festering shroud 430pts.

Rare.
Hellcannon 205pts.

2000pts.

In this version my Lord and Exalted Champion can hunt down and double team those pesky wizards, or they can engage monstrous creatures sinse they will both be hitting at Strength 6 with lots of attacks...well thats my intention. Is the second version ebtter than the first? 

(EDIT)
ANSWER ME YOU SWAMP RATS, WHICH LIST IS BETTER 1ST OR 2ND?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 01:28:40 PM by The Ecclesiarch »
Hate sanctifies faith.
Tolerance is ignorance.

Offline crazedsoldier07

• I WANNA PLAY WARHAMMER!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2009, 05:14:17 AM »
i personally dont like the hellcannon... for that matter i dont like most of the chaos rare choices..... i like Scyla though? lol spawns i think have a little bit more reliability..... just my thoughts
"all gave some, some gave all..."

Offline The Ecclesiarch

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 02:03:54 PM »
Adding a bit of artillery to a Chaos army has got to be a good thing right? Are they really so lousy?
Hate sanctifies faith.
Tolerance is ignorance.

Offline Impyrocker

• Ripper
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 07:29:38 PM »
Hellcannons are incredibly unpredictable... i played a three game set against a chaos player who used one. In the first game, his hellcannon killed my vampire lord and his dragon, along with a vampire and 4 blood knights in 3 turns. I obviously lost that game. The second game it was more ordinary, just wounding my lord, and killing a few blood knights, and I was able to win that game. The third game I managed to kill all his dwarves by turn two so ended up having the cannon go insane in all subsequent turns, and just baiting it around the board.
So really, its your choice on the hellcannon. It could do insanely well, or very poorly. I would probably opt for another unit of warriors with the points, a more reliable unit.

Offline Spirit of Kurnous

• Infinity Circuit
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 05:43:45 AM »
I do like hellcanons but wont take them until get to 3000pts as they are quite expensive artillery.  however they dont need to worry about fast cav or eagles coming to fight them as they are deamons :D
40k:
Eldar=12000pts
Slaanesh Deamons = 2000pts

Fantasy:
Slaanesh=5000pts      
Wood Elves=6000pts
Slaanesh Deamons = 3000pts
High Elves 3000pts

Offline The Ecclesiarch

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2009, 05:20:23 PM »
Yeah thats gotta be a good thing and i dont think that 205pts is exactly a huge pointsink considering that all units for Chaos Warriors are expensive regardless. Even so sometimes you gotta forfeit competative for fun and Hellcannons seem really fun to play (also they look awesome).
Hate sanctifies faith.
Tolerance is ignorance.